• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teens in California mock anti maskers on video along with, "I love Communism".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So was I . I was not talking about the 55 mph speed limit of Jimmy Carter. You appear to be projecting again. My education is not the one that is lacking here.

By the way, when a person refuses to answer a reasonable question, or even worse tries to use a strawman argument as you just did, it indicates that they know that they are wrong. They simply cannot admit it to themselves. Everyone else is perfectly aware of how you are wrong here.
Hardly. You haven't even explained it yourself.

I doubt you will either.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hardly. You haven't even explained it yourself.

I doubt you will either.
What are you talking about? What do you need explained?

And remember, until you answer my question you are in no position to demand an answer to some detour. If you are trying to escape my question I will point that out. If you need to I can answer your questions after you answer mine.

Twilight Hue

What are you talking about? What do you need explained?

And remember, until you answer my question you are in no position to demand an answer to some detour. If you are trying to escape my question I will point that out. If you need to I can answer your questions after you answer mine.
You brought up this strange cryptic speed limit analogy.

It's on your back to explain whatever it is because your making no sense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You brought up this strange cryptic speed limit analogy.

It's on your back to explain whatever it is because your making no sense.
There is nothing strange about it.

If you do not understand something the proper action to take is to ask questions instead of trying to refute it with poor and improper techniques. When I asked you why there were speed limits you could have admitted to not having a clue.

You could have asked what this had to do with the argument, but then that would confirm that you did not understand the purpose of speed limits.

Twilight Hue

There is nothing strange about it.

If you do not understand something the proper action to take is to ask questions instead of trying to refute it with poor and improper techniques. When I asked you why there were speed limits you could have admitted to not having a clue.

You could have asked what this had to do with the argument, but then that would confirm that you did not understand the purpose of speed limits.
OK whatever.

I'm not going to play the criptic mysterious guess what I'm saying game.

Use the weird speed limit example on someone else.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
OK whatever.

I'm not going to play the criptic mysterious guess what I'm saying game.

Use the weird speed limit example on someone else.
Nope, sorry, I am using it on you. I was not playing games. I was using a valid example that illustrates why, as usual, that you are wrong. I am betting that you know why it shows that you are wrong which is why you won't deal with it.

Twilight Hue

Nope, sorry, I am using it on you. I was not playing games. I was using a valid example that illustrates why, as usual, that you are wrong. I am betting that you know why it shows that you are wrong which is why you won't deal with it.
Sure sure. Whatever you think.

ecco

Veteran Member
It would be better had the teens made a productive video educating people on the benefits that wearing a mask brings yet choose the consendening route.

Education has done little to convince the anti-maskers and the anti-vaxxers. These people are wilfully ignorant and they will continue to be wilfully ignorant.

Also it's interesting how this has been politically minuplated that it becomes a component of a political system rather than a health issue.

Blame the Republican conservative religious right. They are the ones who are at the forefront of the anti-science movement.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My particular issue isn't masking hence my announcement on taking vaccine and wearing masks as appropriate, it's the turn towards increasingly authoritarian means to an end as opposed to elective measures and proper schooling of information.
If you actually believe in what you say above, then you should never have supported Trump and defended so much of what he tried to do, as he has an authoritarian bent.

InChrist

Free4ever
Education has done little to convince the anti-maskers and the anti-vaxxers. These people are wilfully ignorant and they will continue to be wilfully ignorant.

Blame the Republican conservative religious right. They are the ones who are at the forefront of the anti-science movement.
I think it more a situation of too many people ( mostly Dems, but plenty of Republicans, too, as well as bureaucratic government agencies and pharmaceutical corporate entities) pushing and following consensus-driven political science, which is at odds with the scientific method that encourages debate and dissenting evidence as a way of discovering objective scientific truth. Any differing views or discussion besides the party line mantra, even from highly qualified scientists or physicians, are immediately shut down. Therefore, legitimate science has also been shut down.

Twilight Hue

If you actually believe in what you say above, then you should never have supported Trump and defended so much of what he tried to do, as he has an authoritarian bent.
How?

He decimated many ridiculous and dangerous regulations the democrats used to control people with.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Video shows teens mocking anti-maskers protesting their school: "I love communism"

One was told to go to Cuba to learn what communism was. She replied she was from Cuba, then she was called stupid.

So it's now acceptable to mock those who don't want to wear a mask?

Supporting hive mind thinking vs individualism?

It would be better had the teens made a productive video educating people on the benefits that wearing a mask brings yet choose the consendening route.

Also it's interesting how this has been politically minuplated that it becomes a component of a political system rather than a health issue.

Lastly, one could say teens are teens, and they say and do dumb things at that age for kicks.

Either way it's pretty screwed up imo.

Are they?

I'm confused...
Are you suggesting their right to free speech should be curtailed?
Or are you simply suggesting that some teens are counter-productive and like to jump on bandwagons?

The former doesn't sound like you. That latter seems almost obvous. Pretty sure the Latin root of the word 'teenager' is;
non-productive layabout who thinks the world revolves around them, and their ability to start an iPad with their thumb makes them 'tech savvy'

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
How?

He decimated many ridiculous and dangerous regulations the democrats used to control people with.

Far be it from me to agree with you on this, but there is little doubt that overall he moved to reduce regulation, rather than increase it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it more a situation of too many people ( mostly Dems, but plenty of Republicans, too, as well as bureaucratic government agencies and pharmaceutical corporate entities) pushing and following consensus-driven political science, which is at odds with the scientific method that encourages debate and dissenting evidence as a way of discovering objective scientific truth. Any differing views or discussion besides the party line mantra, even from highly qualified scientists or physicians, are immediately shut down. Therefore, legitimate science has also been shut down.

A lot of what has been shut down...and a lot of the source information for organised anti-vaxxers (as opposed to hesitant individuals) doesn't qualify as 'science'. Opinions are fine, everyone has them. Scientific consensus is a vastly different thing though.

metis

The thing that matters is the process of using the scientific method, which the NIH, CDC, and the FDA use and abide by, and then they make decisions based on what they find. This is what has been done and which has been verified, thus the only real oppoisition to what they've found and implimented is from some politicians and especially the right-wing media.

InChrist

Free4ever
The thing that matters is the process of using the scientific method, which the NIH, CDC, and the FDA use and abide by, and then they make decisions based on what they find. This is what has been done and which has been verified, thus the only real oppoisition to what they've found and implimented is from some politicians and especially the right-wing media.
I am sorry, but I cannot agree with you. I see the NIH, FDA and CDC as highly compromised and following the profit method, rather than the scientific method. The pharmaceutical industry has a huge amount of control over these agencies and it about better business and making money, not public health in my view.

https://jpands.org/vol25no3/huntoon.pdf

“The FDA, obviously, has to work with the industry, and that's good. But when the FDA starts getting taken over in many ways by the industry, that's not good. In response to the questionnaire that we sent out to the physicians at the FDA, they themselves told us that, many times, they believe that industry influence was operating on the people above them, and getting their bosses to overturn some of the decisions that they had made against approving a drug.

So there are lots of sources of evidence about the fact that the pharmaceutical industry has an almost unprecedented finger or thumb on the FDA in the last few years, compared with any time in the past. ...“
The Fda - How Independent Is The Fda? | Dangerous Prescription | FRONTLINE | PBS

So... FDA advisors vote to recommend Moderna booster.

“The data are not perfect, but these are extraordinary times and we have to work with data that are not perfect,” said Eric Rubin, MD, editor-in-chief of TheNew England Journal of Medicine and a temporary voting member on the committee.

Patrick Moore, MD, a professor at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute who is also a temporary voting member, said he voted to approve the Moderna boosters based “more on a gut feeling than on truly serious data.”

Is this following the scientific method? “gut feeling”?

In the meantime...
The success of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine has minted three new billionaires who had early stakes in the biotech startup, leading to their debut on this year’s Forbes list of the 400 richest people in the US.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/07/moderna-founders-make-forbes-list-of-400-richest-americans/

I have researched this collusion between government agencies and industry for several years since seeing the revolving door connection between Monsanto executives and the FDA. So, honestly, I can only conclude there is a conflict of interest and profit is the priority, not health.

InChrist

Free4ever
A lot of what has been shut down...and a lot of the source information for organised anti-vaxxers (as opposed to hesitant individuals) doesn't qualify as 'science'. Opinions are fine, everyone has them. Scientific consensus is a vastly different thing though.
It may be that a lot of what’s been shut down are organized anti-vax voices. That is not what I am referring to, though. There are reputable physicians and scientists with degrees, expertise and years of experience who when expressing concerns are silenced and/or slandered. From what I read these are not in anyway anti-vaccine. They simply have serious safety concerns about the mRNA vaccines. For actually practicing proper science and medicine and expressing their views or findings they are being taken down, censored or even fired.

metis

I see the NIH, FDA and CDC as highly compromised and following the profit method, rather than the scientific method. The pharmaceutical industry has a huge amount of control over these agencies and it about better business and making money, not public health in my view.
These agencies get their monies from the fed, not big pharma. Our CDC is well known internationally as being the most reliable and cautious of all the government related researchers.

I have researched this collusion between government agencies and industry for several years since seeing the revolving door connection between Monsanto executives and the FDA. So, honestly, I can only conclude there is a conflict of interest and profit is the priority, not health.
I was offered a job at Monsanto, but in another area, but I turned it down even though I would have made double what I started in education making. Frankly, I detest Monsanto, but that's for different reasons.

In closing, "Don't let the perfect become the enemy of the good", thus your position is one of being pro-death as the vaccines now have proven effectiveness.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
So it's now acceptable to mock those who don't want to wear a mask?

Always was. Selfish idiots.

Supporting hive mind thinking vs individualism?

Civic responsibility saving lives vs Thoughtless stupid selfish covidiots causing deaths.

Yeah. Let me see, who started that ****?