• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teenagers Set Dog on Fire

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It should depend on the reason the dogs attacked the teenager. If the kids were torturing a dogs puppies and the mother attacked them in order to save them, then it is the teenagers who should be put down.

That's what he was saying. He was saying in this case the teenagers should be put down for being a danger to society, just like with opposite roles, the dog would be put down.

DarkSun

:eltiT
I wish I ould kill these two kids. Seriously, I can't even begin to think up the ways I would like to torture them, and I've got a damned good imagination when it comes to things like that.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you and hate you. Then they fight you, then you win." :shrug:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Would those beliefs include pacifism?
Uhh... I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Are you thinking in terms of my comments on this particular thread, or what? I am absolutely infuriated by animal abuse and react pretty strongly when I hear of it happening. My sig doesn't really have much to do with this thread, though, so I may just be missing your point in asking about it.

DarkSun

Uhh... I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Are you thinking in terms of my comments on this particular thread, or what? I am absolutely infuriated by animal abuse and react pretty strongly when I hear of it happening. My sig doesn't really have much to do with this thread, though, so I may just be missing your point in asking about it.

Oh. I'm referring to your earlier post where you said you could torture the perpetrators to death. This just seemed a bit at odds with the pacifistic connotations of your signature.

Myself, I find abuse of any sort to be disgusting too, but I think torturing the people who did it would be going a bit too far.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Oh. I'm referring to your earlier post where you said you could torture the perpetrators to death. This just seemed a bit at odds with the pacifistic connotations of your signature.

Myself, I find abuse of any sort to be disgusting too, but I think torturing the people who did it would be going a bit too far.
Okay, I see what you're saying. Well, I don't exactly think of myself as a pacifist. I have to work pretty hard most of the time to keep my temper under control, and a lot of the time I don't succeed. I really do have a huge problem with animal abuse, though, and even though I may not be able to personally bring myself to return the abuse to the perpetrators, there is a huge part of me that would like to see them suffer. I guess I'm more of an eye for an eye kind of person than I should be. I know that's not the Christian ideal, but my anger does get the best of me sometimes.

DarkSun

Okay, I see what you're saying. Well, I don't exactly think of myself as a pacifist. I have to work pretty hard most of the time to keep my temper under control, and a lot of the time I don't succeed. I really do have a huge problem with animal abuse, though, and even though I may not be able to personally bring myself to return the abuse to the perpetrators, there is a huge part of me that would like to see them suffer. I guess I'm more of an eye for an eye kind of person than I should be. I know that's not the Christian ideal, but my anger does get the best of me sometimes.

Sorry to bring it up, I just thought this needed clarifying.

But no, seriously, those kids should be locked away for the rest of their lives. Whoever said they were a threat to society was spot on.

kai

ragamuffin
whats the horrifying thing here ? is that a fellow human could do this ? Its petty stuff, there was a thread on here a while ago with people burning three human beings they thought were witches! The horrifying thing is we are all capable of this, most of us suppress the underlying violence that has made our species so prevelent. It terrifies us and angers us that those Kids could be ordinary.

DarkSun

whats the horrifying thing here ? is that a fellow human could do this ? Its petty stuff, there was a thread on here a while ago with people burning three human beings they thought were witches! The horrifying thing is we are all capable of this, most of us suppress the underlying violence that has made our species so prevelent. It terrifies us and angers us that those Kids could be ordinary.

This might seem a bit off-topic, but for some reason I disagree with Jung and Freud. :eek:

A lot of what Freud said in particular was sexist and wrong.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
We should mutilate him, then set him on fire, and then put him in a bath of salt :)

People are despicable

Oh, I agree with you totally. I just have to go there however. How do you feel about the people who planned the hi-jacking of airplanes that took down the twin towers? Is pouring a gallon of water over them while holding their nose shut to extract information wrong?

kai

ragamuffin
Oh, I agree with you totally. I just have to go there however. How do you feel about the people who planned the hi-jacking of airplanes that took down the twin towers? Is pouring a gallon of water over them while holding their nose shut to extract information wrong?

only if those planes hit a dogs home, would that be acceptable.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It terrifies us and angers us that those Kids could be ordinary.

No, it might terrify some for that reason. It terrifies me because these kids actually did it. Sure, many of us could be capable of the same thing. However, we have the good sense and correct programming to not do it.

kai

ragamuffin
No, it might terrify some for that reason. It terrifies me because these kids actually did it. Sure, many of us could be capable of the same thing. However, we have the good sense and correct programming to not do it.

does doing it, terrify you more than the reason for doing it? what was the reason ? boredom?