• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teenagers Set Dog on Fire

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I guess you just have to learn from your mistakes.

Yes mam..thats what hopefully we do.:)

If I found some little baby birds on the ground today..If I couldnt find the nest? I would leave them there.If I knew where the nest was I would put them back in it.

I tried to "nurse" three little baby birds about 2 years ago.We got some baby bird food form the store..and I used a tiny dropper to try and feed them.Its was "wet" food like thick formula.

Well what I did was without knowing is get all that formula in their lungs.They have a special pocket in their mouth on one side in the back of their throat.And the mama bird with her beak sticks litte pieces of solid food pieces in that little pocket.Little tiny niblets of peices of crickets and worms and such.She knows exactly where to put it and her beak is within the precision of a master.

Anyway..I broke down and completely went into mourining after I realized what I had done.I even stapled a shoe box on my roof hoping the mama would see them there and come rescue them.But they were dying because I stupidly thought I could compete with her and I basically drowned them.

That was 2 years ago and I still am horrified that I did that.And I was only "trying to help".

Love

Dallas

blackout

Violet.
The kids on my street growing up used to take the "lights" out of the lightning bugs all summer long,
and put them on their skate wheels, and big wheels etc etc.
It was common place. I only did it very occasionally because I did feel badly about it.
I mostly just rathered watch them fly around, and try to catch them and let them go.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Hannah doesn't think roadkill is funny. She thinks it is better to laugh at something upsetting than to cry and be miserable about it. Hannah thinks laughing makes her feel better when she is sad, so instead of feeling sad about the roadkill, she laughs and forgets about it. Why be miserable when you don't have to be? Me being sad isn't going to magically make the roadkill come back to life, and me laughing isn't going to make it more dead.

BTW I love this post. Hannah is very pragmatic. I like that.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Yes mam..thats what hopefully we do.:)

If I found some little baby birds on the ground today..If I couldnt find the nest? I would leave them there.If I knew where the nest was I would put them back in it.

I tried to "nurse" three little baby birds about 2 years ago.We got some baby bird food form the store..and I used a tiny dropper to try and feed them.Its was "wet" food like thick formula.

Well what I did was without knowing is get all that formula in their lungs.They have a special pocket in their mouth on one side in the back of their throat.And the mama bird with her beak sticks litte pieces of solid food pieces in that little pocket.Little tiny niblets of peices of crickets and worms and such.She knows exactly where to put it and her beak is within the precision of a master.

Anyway..I broke down and completely went into mourining after I realized what I had done.I even stapled a shoe box on my roof hoping the mama would see them there and come rescue them.But they were dying because I stupidly thought I could compete with her and I basically drowned them.

That was 2 years ago and I still am horrified that I did that.And I was only "trying to help".

Love

Dallas
That sounds exactly like something I would have done. Fortunately, I wouldn't have to. There is a store here in Salt Lake that sells food, feeders, etc. for wild birds. If you find an injured bird or a baby bird that has been abandoned by its mother, you can take it into this store. There is a woman who has a bird rehab center. She stops by the store any time they call her and tell her there is a bird waiting there for her. She is trained to be able to nurse them back to health. When she has done that, she releases them. I've taken birds there before. I think it's really cool that we can do that.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Hannah doesn't think roadkill is funny. She thinks it is better to laugh at something upsetting than to cry and be miserable about it. Hannah thinks laughing makes her feel better when she is sad, so instead of feeling sad about the roadkill, she laughs and forgets about it. Why be miserable when you don't have to be? Me being sad isn't going to magically make the roadkill come back to life, and me laughing isn't going to make it more dead.

So instead of being peacefully respectful, you laugh. I guess we all handle things in our own way - but I think it's incredibly rude - you wouldn't laugh if Baggins were dead.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
So instead of being peacefully respectful, you laugh. I guess we all handle things in our own way - but I think it's incredibly rude - you wouldn't laugh if Baggins were dead.

Wow, and you wonder why you get the reaction out of people that you do?

Give it a rest. It's a simple concept: If you don't laugh, you'll cry. So, instead of being depressed for no reason, you laugh at life. That's what you have to do sometimes. I think it's incredibly stupid to put that idea down, just because you want to keep berating her. Let it go. You were wrong, now get over it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Wow, and you wonder why you get the reaction out of people that you do?

Give it a rest. It's a simple concept: If you don't laugh, you'll cry. So, instead of being depressed for no reason, you laugh at life. That's what you have to do sometimes. I think it's incredibly stupid to put that idea down, just because you want to keep berating her. Let it go. You were wrong, now get over it.

Uh oh, now she'll accuse you of trolling. :eek:

Wannabe Yogi

I don't care whether or not you're an animal lover, this is just sick. I know not everyone loves animals, and specifically dogs, as much as I do, but I simply can't understand being able to set a dog on fire and watch it writhe in agony. There is something wrong with someone who can do that, and I hope these kids get the help they need and the punishment they deserve.

It's two signs of a child who will grow up to be sociopath. ... harming animals for pleasure and control, (Mammals, things like bugs and frogs don't count) and playing with fire, property destruction, and bed-wetting.

Fifteen years ago I worked with a kid who put a cat in the teachers staffroom microwave. I heard he is in prison today, this was just the start of his exploits in antisocial behavior. This stuff is more common then you would think.

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter

I wouldn't laugh at a road kill I knew personally. Just like I wouldn't laugh at a funeral.(about the person being dead anyway) If someone was there scraping their dead cat off the road, I wouldn't go up to them and laugh. I only laugh if there is no one there who is mourning about it. If I see a dead animal on the road and no one around me is sad about it, I'll laugh, because I don't like being miserable. I'd rather laugh and shrug it off than go home and cry about it all day.

You are a control freak and want everyone to be exactly like you, when you are really quite hypocritical. Saying a prayer for the mosquito you murdered doesn't make it less dead. You still murdered it. At least I don't pretend like I'm better than anyone when I do the same things everyone else does. Everything dies, animals kill each other every day for food or for no reason. Cats torture their food before they kill it, but that's just the way they are.

Humans are animals too, and just because you "feel bad" after eating a chicken that didn't have to die or for swatting a mosquito doesn't mean you are above everyone who doesn't feel bad. If you want to feel bad for stepping on a bug or pray for a bug that got squished on your windshield, then good for you. It's nice that you are so sympathetic, but to treat other people like they are dirt because they don't do what you do or because they want to laugh instead of be miserable is rude. You are the one who is rude, not me.

If you want to cry and be miserable constantly then go for it, but I'm not going to be upset over the constant death in this world just because you think I should be. I guess some people just like being miserable.

Trey of Diamonds

It's two signs of a child who will grow up to be sociopath. ... harming animals for pleasure and control, (Mammals, things like bugs and frogs don't count) and playing with fire, property destruction, and bed-wetting.

Bed wetting? Really? Not sure about playing with fire either, I love playing with fire but I don't think I'm a sociopath and I have no desire to burn down peoples houses. I just like playing with fire.

Trey of Diamonds

Similar story...

Online postings led police to suspect in cat killings

BY JOSE PAGLIERY, ANDREA ASUAJE AND ROBERT SAMUELS
Online postings led police to suspect in cat killings - South Florida - MiamiHerald.com

The teenager accused of mutilating more than a dozen cats in South Miami-Dade was not the reserved yet rabid killer some expected. He was a dog-loving class clown, a swim class instructor, an 18-year-old who grew up before the eyes of the four-legged victims' families.

He appeared to be appalled by the horrific killings, and joined the Facebook group ``Catch the Cat Killer!''

Police said they were not fooled. They said Tyler Hayes Weinman's social networking led them to him. Sunday, Weinman was arrested in connection with 19 gruesome cat-killings.

The former Miami Palmetto Senior High School student split his time between divorced parents who lived in Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay, the communities where the killings took place. Police, working with tips gathered from the community and reading his Facebook and MySpace pages, kept Weinman under surveillance for weeks.

Saturday night, he went to a party at the home of Kevin Corona in Coral Gables. Around midnight, investigators thoroughly searched his mother's house. Around 12:30 a.m., two men in plain shirts and jeans walked into Corona's house and asked for Weinman. Then, they quietly walked him outside.

''Enjoy the party,'' Corona recalled one of them saying. The men turned out to be undercover cops.

At 1:23 p.m. Sunday, Weinman was booked into the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, with bail set at $154,500.

When it came time to take his mug shot, the clean-cut Weinman flashed a half-smile.

He was charged with 19 counts of felony animal cruelty, 19 counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary. Each of the felony counts carries a minimum mandatory fine of $5,000, six months in prison and psychological counseling.

Weinman's attorney, David Macey, said his client is innocent. His parents, Alba and Douglas, could not be reached Sunday for comment.

Politicians and law enforcement agents had harsh words about the suspect.

Miami-Dade County Commissioner Katy Sorenson, who represents the area, called him ``twisted and depraved, somehow really not right as a human being.''

''Thankfully, for this community,'' Sorenson said, ``the terror has come to an end.''

Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene Flinn said a motive is hard to fathom: ``No one here can get in the head of a person capable of such a heinous act.''

Left unexplained are 15 other cat deaths in the area that police have not tied to Weinman. Some or all of those cats may have been killed by dogs, authorities said.
Miami-Dade Police Maj. Julie Miller said the investigation was continuing and that it could stretch into other jurisdictions.

Police said Weinman sliced open some of the cats' bellies and gutted them, and often threw the carcasses onto their owners' front yards.

In the first known case on May 10 -- Mother's Day -- two cats were sliced open and left on a front yard. One of the animals was ''posed'' for shock effect, according to a police report.

CRUEL ACTS
For more than a month after that, gutted cats with crushed skulls appeared on owners' lawns in Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay. In most cases, there was no blood near the carcass, leading some to believe they were killed elsewhere and then dumped.

''These awful scenes inflicted a great human toll,'' said Cutler Bay Mayor Paul Vrooman.

Such cruelty has perplexed Weinman's friends, who say he always behaved lovingly toward their pets. He sometimes worked as a counselor at the Swim Gym Aquatic Summer Camp in Key Biscayne and was known for his comedic classroom antics.

Kathy Hernandez, who has known Weinman since he attended Southwood Middle School, described him as a caring and sweet boy who often played with his dog. She said she thinks they have the wrong guy.

Hernandez said Weinman had a healthy relationship with his stepmother -- who married his father last year and who neighbors described as a cat-lover.

''He was always so nice to my animals,'' Hernandez wrote in an e-mail to The Miami Herald. ``I have three cats and they loved him.''

The teen knew well the streets that police think he targeted. Weinman's father is a dentist and lives in Palmetto Bay. His mother is a life coach and lives in the Whispering Pines neighborhood in Cutler Bay, where the killings began. They divorced in 2006, according to civil county records.

The teen came under police scrutiny a few weeks ago. Police would not say what type of Facebook or MySpace posting he made that led them to him, or whether someone else pointed them toward him.

POLICE QUESTIONING
Police questioned him the night of the Palmetto Senior High prom. A spokesman for Miami-Dade schools said Weinman had not graduated from the school. Court records show that Weinman was also arrested May 29 for possession of cannabis.

Police said he had been arrested twice as a juvenile. They would not specify the charges.

In the days before his arrest, several area residents spoke of someone fitting Weinman's situation at a community meeting about the killings. They spoke of a teen who lived between his parents' homes in both towns, which would allow him to attack cats in both neighborhoods. Neighbors and animal-advocacy groups offered a $10,000 reward through the Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers program.

In early May, at least four cats were mutilated down the street from his mother's home on Ridgeland Drive. The northernmost killings occurred about a half-mile west of his father's home, where a sticker on a window near the front door said, ``In case of fire, please rescue cat.''

Sunday morning, Barbara Wiesinger of Cutler Bay learned that the teen who lived so close to her was accused of butchering her cat.

Wiesinger's calico cat, Cami, is believed to be among the early victims. Found in a neighbor's yard on May 13, her eyes had been gouged out and her snout cut off.

`IT'S JUST SICK'
Weinman's arrest came as a relief, Wiesinger said, but she thinks more than one person had to have been involved.

''I think the whole thing is a big tragedy,'' she said. ``It's just sick.''

Marie Akers of Cutler Bay, whose oldest daughter found the first two mutilated cats, said the neighborhood once again is safe for pets and families alike.

''Your kids can actually go outside,'' said Akers, whose cat was unharmed.

Akers said she was surprised a kid from the neighborhood committed the killings.

Still, she said, Weinman should receive a stiff sentence for what he did to his feline victims. ''I'm glad he's 18, because now he can be tried as an adult,'' she said. ``If he's in prison for life, that would suit me just fine.''

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Bed wetting? Really? Not sure about playing with fire either, I love playing with fire but I don't think I'm a sociopath and I have no desire to burn down peoples houses. I just like playing with fire.

I dont think one of the symptoms is just 'playing with fire" ..Its the intentional destruction or harming something with it.Also I think that needs to be a "pattern".Or that in conjunction with other signs.

When they investigate the childhoods of sociopaths ..they often times find that the person had a history as a child of unusual destructive behavior.And its usually a combination of things.That may include setting things on fire..cruelty to animals..cruelty to other children...they may be bedwetters...etc..

Love

Dallas

Trey of Diamonds

I dont think one of the symptoms is just 'playing with fire" ..Its the intentional destruction or harming something with it.Also I think that needs to be a "pattern".Or that in conjunction with other signs.

When they investigate the childhoods of sociopaths ..they often times find that the person had a history as a child of unusual destructive behavior.And its usually a combination of things.That may include setting things on fire..cruelty to animals..cruelty to other children...they may be bedwetters...etc..

I agree with this, just not to Wannabe Yogi's post, claiming two things are signs of a sociopath rather than a pattern of things. I don't think there are any single indicators.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Thanks for that story, Trey. That's just plain amazing. That's possibly even worse than this story, since he mutilated them and then actually put them back so that their owners could see them. As the woman said, that's just sick.

Trey of Diamonds

Thanks for that story, Trey. That's just plain amazing. That's possibly even worse than this story, since he mutilated them and then actually put them back so that their owners could see them. As the woman said, that's just sick.

Yeah, this one does have a pattern that could be considered sociopathic. I hope he's taken off the streets before he escalates to humans.

kai

ragamuffin
I believe all Humans are capable of much cruelty, its always been there --waiting for a trigger.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If dogs attacked and bit a teenager, they would be put down, as they would be seen as a danger to the community. The same standard should be applied in this case.

Trey of Diamonds

If dogs attacked and bit a teenager, they would be put down, as they would be seen as a danger to the community. The same standard should be applied in this case.

It should depend on the reason the dogs attacked the teenager. If the kids were torturing a dogs puppies and the mother attacked them in order to save them, then it is the teenagers who should be put down.

.lava

Veteran Member
I believe all Humans are capable of much cruelty, its always been there --waiting for a trigger.

maybe all human are capable of doing the same 'physically' but that does not mean all humans are capable of enjoying it or being volunteer to do it.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter

I love playing with fire too. :D But I wouldn't burn down anyone's house.

You have to also consider that some dogs seem like they are attacking you when really they are just playing. The Schnauzer bites me all the time, but that's how he plays.