• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teenagers Set Dog on Fire

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Link

I don't know whether anyone heard about this. On May 27 a dog was doused with gasoline and set on fire here in Baltimore. It was a big story at the time, and apparently not just in Maryland. I heard about it last week and was horrified. The reward for information started at $1,000 and rose to more than $26,000 thanks to people around the country contributing to help find the perpetrators.

When I heard tonight that they seem to have caught the responsible parties, 17-year-old twins, I was very happy.

I don't care whether or not you're an animal lover, this is just sick. I know not everyone loves animals, and specifically dogs, as much as I do, but I simply can't understand being able to set a dog on fire and watch it writhe in agony. There is something wrong with someone who can do that, and I hope these kids get the help they need and the punishment they deserve.

Smoke

Done here.
I don't care whether or not you're an animal lover, this is just sick. I know not everyone loves animals, and specifically dogs, as much as I do, but I simply can't understand being able to set a dog on fire and watch it writhe in agony. There is something wrong with someone who can do that, and I hope these kids get the help they need and the punishment they deserve.
I am an animal lover, and especially dogs. But everybody should be glad to see these two arrested. Anybody who will treat a dog like that is a danger to humans, too.

.lava

Veteran Member
Link

I don't know whether anyone heard about this. On May 27 a dog was doused with gasoline and set on fire here in Baltimore. It was a big story at the time, and apparently not just in Maryland. I heard about it last week and was horrified. The reward for information started at $1,000 and rose to more than $26,000 thanks to people around the country contributing to help find the perpetrators.

When I heard tonight that they seem to have caught the responsible parties, 17-year-old twins, I was very happy.

that is really sick and very sadistic.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Link

I heard that people do this to homeless people too. I would like to see the people who receive the reward forward it to animal shelters that continue to care for animals that are still living.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Wow, I've never heard about it in relation to homeless people. That's just sick. I agree about the reward. I was actually thinking about that. If I had given the info that would get the reward, I wouldn't have wanted it. Your idea about giving it to a shelter or rescue is a great one.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Link

I wish I ould kill these two kids. Seriously, I can't even begin to think up the ways I would like to torture them, and I've got a damned good imagination when it comes to things like that.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I wish I ould kill these two kids. Seriously, I can't even begin to think up the ways I would like to torture them, and I've got a damned good imagination when it comes to things like that.
Yes but I am betting your profundity for forgiveness is gooder/deeper/better.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Yes but I am betting your profundity for forgiveness is gooder/deeper/better.
It doesn't even come close. I can forgive a lot of things. I cannot forgive animal cruelty and have no desire to learn to. Don't even get me started on what I would like to see happen to those two ********.

cardero

Citizen Mod
It doesn't even come close. I can forgive a lot of things. I cannot forgive animal cruelty and have no desire to learn to. Don't even get me started on what I would like to see happen to those two ********.
OK, I'll take your word then. :yes:

kats1.jpg

katz2.jpg

.lava

Veteran Member
i have a question. does it make this sadistic behavour even worse because they set a dog on fire? what if it was a rat? would it make it acceptable or would your reaction be softer? i love dogs much more thn rats but imo it does not matter what living creature they chose to torture that way. if they are able to do this, then they can do it to any animal and even human specially if they were certain noone would find out. it is like they do not have conscience at all.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Link

I wish i could set them on fire, watch them in agony, stop the burning..... then cover them in salt. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind but these ******** deserve to feel pain for their disgusting actions.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
i have a question. does it make this sadistic behavour even worse because they set a dog on fire? what if it was a rat? would it make it acceptable or would your reaction be softer? i love dogs much more thn rats but imo it does not matter what living creature they chose to torture that way. if they are able to do this, then they can do it to any animal and even human specially if they were certain noone would find out. it is like they do not have conscience at all.

I used to torture bugs when I was younger. My sister and I would pour hot wax on them, but neither of us would have done anything like that to a dog or a human. We just really didn't like bugs. They scared us, bit us, made scary buzzing noises, and we just didn't like them, so we killed them.

So if I found out that they had caught a spider on fire or a beetle, I wouldn't really care. But puppy dogs have definate personalities, and that is why it is so sad. If they caught a rat on fire, it would still be sad, but since humans have a tougher time making friendships with rats than dogs, the reaction wouldn't have been as big. Have you met a rat who is sad when you leave and excited when you come home? Who likes to sleep in your bed with you? Rats are people too, but humans just don't form strong bonds with them. Dogs have the personalities required to make long-term bonds with humans, and that's why we are all so sad. Puppies are like human children. They are cute and make great friends. A rat can be fun to play with, but it doesn't seem to remember you very well the next time you play with it.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Link

This is just disgusting. I'm lucky I'm not over there, otherwise I'd be in biiig trouble for what I wanna do to those kids.

.lava

Veteran Member
I used to torture bugs when I was younger. My sister and I would pour hot wax on them, but neither of us would have done anything like that to a dog or a human. We just really didn't like bugs. They scared us, bit us, made scary buzzing noises, and we just didn't like them, so we killed them.

So if I found out that they had caught a spider on fire or a beetle, I wouldn't really care. But puppy dogs have definate personalities, and that is why it is so sad. If they caught a rat on fire, it would still be sad, but since humans have a tougher time making friendships with rats than dogs, the reaction wouldn't have been as big. Have you met a rat who is sad when you leave and excited when you come home? Who likes to sleep in your bed with you? Rats are people too, but humans just don't form strong bonds with them. Dogs have the personalities required to make long-term bonds with humans, and that's why we are all so sad. Puppies are like human children. They are cute and make great friends. A rat can be fun to play with, but it doesn't seem to remember you very well the next time you play with it.

yes, i agree but there is a difference between simply killing an animal and burnin' it alive. thousands of animals are getting killed everyday so people can eat meat.
i find rats kind of disturbing, that's why i give them as an example. make it lion or bird or....whatever...it would be the same pain, same fear, same panic. i mean especially for animals, fire is the no1 reason to go crazy. that poor dog probably died in insanity. btw kids do strange stuff, they are not that young. they have serious mental disease and i doubt they could be cured.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd

First of all, I think that behavior towards another living thing - in any form, is absolutely horrendous. You should be ashamed. Now, if something was attacking you, I understand that it's you or the thing. But in this context, going outside, where the bugs are minding their own business, and covering them with wax, is pretty sadistic. I think it's wrong.

I have met some rats who are just as animated and wonderful pets as dogs. I've met all kinds of animals who have great big personalities and who just need a chance. I would feel sick if I knew of anyone torturing anything just for fun, because we are all connected. I've accidentally killed a few things before, but I always say a prayer afterwards. It's the way I show respect for my planet and the fact that I'm just a speck on it.

Dogs, rats, insects, horses, it makes no difference. Torture is torture, and it's sick.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
yes, i agree but there is a difference between simply killing an animal and burnin' it alive. thousands of animals are getting killed everyday so people can eat meat.
i find rats kind of disturbing, that's why i give them as an example. make it lion or bird or....whatever...it would be the same pain, same fear, same panic. i mean especially for animals, fire is the no1 reason to go crazy. that poor dog probably died in insanity. btw kids do strange stuff, they are not that young. they have serious mental disease and i doubt they could be cured.

I agree. Even though some animals are used for our consumption, we should understand that they are a gift, each had a personality, and each had a life - and we should respectfully understand it. Now, burning it alive for fun? Even burning it alive for food - all are sickening concepts to me. Any creature deserves a fair chance. No creature should EVER be burned alive.

what the main problem with this is is that setting dogs and cats on fire is the first signs of a sociopath/sycopath, and they do harm people

the side issues are that dogs trigger the pet emotion (noone want's a pet to get hurt)

though i gota say 26000 just to get couple 17 year olds is alot of wasted money, especialy if you compair it to how many stray dogs and cats the peta kills every year

ps
(same as whereismynotecard i also used to torture bugs a bit, i was always facinated by fly's who spasm after you hit them with i electric lyswatter)