• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
OP: What's the difference between a brain and a computer?

Once again the good and sharp Sabine Hossenfelder is in action with her usually sharp analysis and asking the critical and relevant questions.

Sabines video Abstract and Chapters:
In which sense are brains similar to the devices we currently call computers, and in which sense not? What’s the difference between what they can do? What's the status of current technology. And is Roger Penrose right in saying that Gödel’s theorem tells us human thought can’t just be computation? At the end of this video you will know the answers.
00:00 Intro
00:58 What's a computer?
02:36 Physical differences between brains and computers
06:48 Differences in how they work
15:54 Differences between what they can do
------------
Me: For humans in modern time, technical measurements in daily life is just as important as the human time concept of getting practical things done in the right time.

But what if time in the universal realm, doesn´t exist and that everything in the observable micro- and macrocosm in the Universe changes eternally and cyclically? How can human technology and mathematics ever deal with such conditions?

I mean, the human math breaks together already on the galactic center matters, and the PC´s are for the time being, already useless solving that cosmologically scientific problem.

Sabine also speaks of experiencing by sensing directly via the human senses, which inputs to the human brain in fact works like a electromagnetically programmed PC, where electromagnetic impulses do the same work in the PC.

It of course ALL depend on INPUTS both in PC´s and inputs in the Human Brain, and as they both works by the same electromagnetic impulses, it´s ALL again a question of recognizing the human ability to sense way beyond the bodily borders, just by being quite in a peaceful environment.

A personal example of the (de facto electromagnetic) sensing method.
Back in the fall in 1979 when I was 34 years old, I had the spontaneous experience of falling into the Norse Mythological realm of Mímisbrunnr (Read of this below) and began to sense and perceive things very differently.

One night in a dream, I suddenly saw this texts before me: "The answer will come from the Library". I even couldn´t remember to have asked any questions, but a couple of weeks after this message, I went to our local library in Roenne on the Baltic Sea island of Bornholm, to borrow some books and music and on my way out, I noticed a building pillar with an advertising text and image for an Atlas of our Earth and the solar System and the image was this:

85942_fef5cabbdd9af1338fadd10ee66014bb.jpg

The Night Sky Scenario with the celestial axis poles on both Earth´s hemispheres and star constellation and the marked lines of the galactic contours on both hemispheres. (I later on marked the Milky Way galactic center with the orange galactic looking drawing)

This imagery of the galactic contours shows the initial global idea of the MYTHICAL PRIME FATHER GOD to the left, and the MYTHICAL PRIME MOTHER GODDESS to the right.

Up to this time, I´ve had both some spiritual and physical experiences of ancient Rock Carvings or Petroglyphs scenarios, and I immediately sensed that this image was the key to unlock the mythical problems of interpreting ancient myths. This archetypical imagery is simply carved in numerous locations all over the World and in several parts of this imagery - all depending on the actual human eye powers and artistic carving skills.

Later on, I became aware and convinced that the ancient Myths of Creation in fact could supplement and even correct some cosmological areas regarding the basic understanding of formation, with the mythical telling of the Milky Way as the example.

My conclusion of Sabines question is:
Modern technology and math is very nice when it comes to everyday physical matters on the Earth, but it is useless when it comes to Philosophical matters of the Universe, simply because the human intuitive sensing and understanding 3D cyclical patterns, via the direct electromagnetic connection between cosmos and the human brain is paramount when it comes to programming both the philosophical human brain and everything in the PC´s regarding Universal matters beyond the Earth´s physical realms.

And THAT electromagnetic connection was which functioned exemplary in my written experience above.

About Mímisbrunnr
In Norse mythology, Mímisbrunnr (Old Norse "Mímir's well") is a well (realm) associated with the being Mímir, located beneath the world tree Yggdrasil. Mímisbrunnr is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. The well is located beneath one of three roots of the world tree Yggdrasil, a root that passes into the land of the giants jötnar where the primordial plane of Ginnungagap once existed. In addition, the Prose Edda relates that the water of the well contains much wisdom, and that Odin sacrificed one of his eyes to the well in exchange for a drink. In the Prose Edda, Mímisbrunnr is mentioned as one of three wells existing beneath three roots of Yggdrasil, the other two being Hvergelmir, located beneath a root in Niflheim, and Urðarbrunnr.

The only scholarly information missing here, is that the Norse Myth World Three of Creation, the Ask Yggdrasil, is located in the middle of the Milky Way galaxy, thus describing and symbolizing everything in our galaxy and Solar System, right from the unordered (chaotic) pre-conditions to the factual formation of the Milky Way and our Solar System.

Well, that´s just me and my experiences, perceptions and convictions - What do you mean?

Attachments

• Milky Way Contours.jpg
    Milky Way Contours.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: