• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Techelet: Beyond Yin & Yang.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Balance is just a concept. If your spirituality is opposed to any kind of balance, then that's interesting.

I believe you must be referring to good and evil. No doubt I believe in being totally good and that certainly is not balanced between the two.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The only ignorance of reality here is the Christian ignorance of the reality that Jesus fits none of the messianic prophecies in Tanach.

I believe reality is not what one sees from ones own perspective but what is truly there. I believe I see what is truly there. However you would not be able to discern that if you lacked discernment because of preconceived ideas and you probably have not seen yet what I have to say about things so you are prejudging me based upon my belief system.

Jumi

I believe you must be referring to good and evil. No doubt I believe in being totally good and that certainly is not balanced between the two.
You were saying balance is a purely materialist concept. I don't think materialism deals with good and evil, those are related to various ethical and religious systems.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You were saying balance is a purely materialist concept. I don't think materialism deals with good and evil, those are related to various ethical and religious systems.

I believe it does but I was thinking more about the source and you are right good and evil are also spiritual.

Actually people make those judgements all the time without religion or ethics. The ego doesn't like pain so pain gets to be thought of as evil.

Jumi

I believe it does but I was thinking more about the source and you are right good and evil are also spiritual.

Well materialism is more about what is the basis of how the world is, if everything fundamentally comes from matter. Aside from that materialists may believe in any kind of moral system.

Actually people make those judgements all the time without religion or ethics. The ego doesn't like pain so pain gets to be thought of as evil.
I don't consider the pain I suffer on a daily basis as evil. It's just being unlucky with my health, or something wrong with my body. As you get used to suffering, it's as normal as eating or sleeping, though you become more emphatic to other sufferers if you're that type of person.