• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teacher threesome scandal

MD

qualiaphile
Teachers arrested for threesome with student | New York Post

Is it just me or are there a lot more of these teacher student scandals happening lately, especially female teachers with male students?

Aside from the fact that it is a common male fantasy and if I were in the guys position I'd probably have done it, I am a conservative and find the growing collapse of morality in the U.S. disturbing. Teachers should not be sleeping with minors and getting slaps on the wrist, there seems to be a new story like this happening everyday.

I feel that as liberalism pushes its boundaries more and more all institutions sacred to society will fall and in the end there will be nothing left but anarchy. It seems that this is the end goal of the liberal movement, except in a world of anarchy liberals would be eaten alive and religious fundamentalists and psychopaths would reign.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Is it just me or are there a lot more of these teacher student scandals happening lately, especially female teachers with male students?

I don't know how to distinguish between more scandalous behavior and the increasing difficulty of keeping scandalous secrets in the Information Age.

Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not surprisingly, the teen bragged about his exploits soon after he got back to classes at Destrehan High School, in Kenner, Louisiana.

If I were a straight teenaged boy I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven. The real problem the teachers have is poor judgement concerning the ability of a teenager be discrete. They didn't harm him in any way.

Tom

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Honestly, I am not sure that there was even anything reprehensible happening.

I might, I suppose. But it is certainly not obvious.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The worst thing about these situations is the abuse of power by the authority figure. Maybe we should start doing psych tests on those who are to be in such situations. Even if the age of consent is 16 in the location where it happened, it is still against the law for teachers and such to have sexual contact with minors. Those people are predators. Same with prison wardens who have sex with prisoners. There's an inherent disparity of power.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Just very very illegal.

I don't see this stuff increasing....just increasing news coverage.

It is very illegal, it needs to stay that way, and the reasons for that are solid.

In this particular case I doubt that any harm was done. But adults sexing underage people does a huge amount of damage. No gray area can be allowed, because it will be exploited by sexual predators.
So while this boy was precocious enough to enjoy the crime, the crime itself needs to result in serious consequences for the offenders. It is just not possible to properly protect more vulnerable youngsters if you don't draw a clear bright line and enforce it vigorously. Birth dates are not ideal, but it is the best we have because there is no objective standard for maturity.

Tom

Tough to add anything with these great posts.
I work in a high school and have noticed over the years that some of the younger teachers dress just as inappropriately as the students do sometimes. Bad examples being set.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That never seems to bother people when the illegal act is drug use, though. Or for that matter, DUI.
You obviously don't live in the USA.

"Tough on drugs" is nearly a mantra among political hopefuls. And the police can stop you and give you a breathalyzer test for almost any reason.

Tom

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You obviously don't live in the USA.

"Tough on drugs" is nearly a mantra among political hopefuls. And the police can stop you and give you a breathalyzer test for almost any reason.

Tom

And see how fiercely public opinion rejects that view.

Yet a 17 years old participating on a threesome is clearly wrong and prison-worthy?

Sorry, I just don't see any sense in that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Yet a 17 years old participating on a threesome is clearly wrong and prison-worthy?

He was 16 and the problem is the abuse of authority of the teachers involved. They are the ones to be punished.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
He was 16 and the problem is the abuse of authority of the teachers involved. They are the ones to be punished.

There may indeed be something to that, potentially something very serious. But there is no way to tell upfront. It will really depend on factors unknown to me.

MD

qualiaphile

Teachers grade you. If students and teachers start having sex, then different students can give teachers sexual favours and the teacher won't be grading on merit so much as how good students are at sexual favors. Grades set you up for college. This whole thing is hugely problematic as it pretty much destroys the notion that school is for learning, and becomes more like a sexual playground. Also if women can have sex with male students, then male teachers should be allowed to do the same as well. Also if these women were looking for sexual fun, they could have gone anywhere. They enjoyed this due to the position of power they held.

If liberalism desires to change every institution into a brothel, then there's no hope left lol.

freethinker44

I work in a high school and have noticed over the years that some of the younger teachers dress just as inappropriately as the students do sometimes. Bad examples being set.

I know, right? Just check out this Jezebel:

teachers.jpg

Geez, I know it's common for prostitutes to dress like this, but a teacher? Scandalous! Look at her showing almost half of her whole leg and nearly her entire calf, and don't get me started on the ankles. It's no wonder there is so much hedonism in schools today with so much sex being flaunted by the teachers.

Now this is how a teacher is supposed to dress:
about-mary-portrait-185x300.jpg

It's so sad that the teaching profession went from something wholesome like this to the floozy trying to seduce students with too much ankle showing. What has the world come to?

In case it's not obvious, this is sarcasm. But you get where I'm going with it right?