• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teach Protestants how to turn away from the teachings of the Rapture.

lovelylife22

Roar
I need to find a way to teach Protestants how the Rapture theory and its teachings are a fabrication. It is going to be a long up hill battle. I need to find a way to refute their teachings.

Sultan Of Swing

I need to find a way to teach Protestants how the Rapture theory and its teachings are a fabrication. It is going to be a long up hill battle. I need to find a way to refute their teachings.
For the Protestant, the final authority is the Scriptures, that's really the talking point. Historical arguments or appeals to tradition probably will not hold too much weight.

Also, not all Protestants accept the rapture, there is a variety of views of the end times, and a whole branch of theology devoted to it - eschatology - it would be useful to look into that and research the different views.

Sultan Of Swing

How can I undo the damage the teaching has caused? I feel that I'm going to have to appeal to tradition.
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

^Scripture is really the way to go.

If the Scriptures aren't clear enough on this particular point, then maybe it isn't as big an issue as you think it is?

Forever_Catholic

And here is some pertinent scripture:

Matthew 24:37-41
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

It's perfectly clear that those who will be taken will die; swept away as those in the flood were swept away. It's the ones remaining who will survive.

If you can get them to read these verses and think about what they say, maybe the true meaning will sink in. You might also argue that Rapture theology didn't exist in Christianity until about 1830. Could Christianity have been wrong about this for 1,830 years?

Do you have some sources to link your comment to?

I was schooled in a public Presbyterian School until I was about 11 years old and I don't remember being taught about the rapture then or even in the church group that was like the babysitter for my parents.