• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoo Show and Tell

snakedoctor

Ill get pics and post the rest tomorrow!

Its the Lion of Judah and I wanted the cross to be as different as could be so we came up wiht the negative cross instead of vis versa and I think it came out pretty darn cool! Looks better in better light and camera angle!

IMG00008-20100701-2313.jpg

Smokeless Indica

<3 Damian Edward Nixon <3
smokeless-indica-albums-me-picture2209-me.jpg

My fiance was the first man to give me that butterfly feeling. He payed for it. He still gives me butterflies to this day.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Beautiful, Snakedoctor! So what inspired you to get that particular design?

Indica, those colors are amazing. I love your story...it sounds perfect.

Thanks to my time on a yoga forum where we frequently shared photos of poses, here's the only photo I have of my teeny tattoo (rt shoulder blade). It's the OM :eek:m:. I fell in love with it after a few years of practicing yoga. I've seen variations on the meaning of the symbol, but my favorites include:

"The sound of eternity."
"The sound of creation."
"The voice of God."
"The vibration or hum of the universe."

I've also read some see it as a reminder that despite our differences, we all come from the same place, and we will all return to the same place. In other words, we're in this together. :)

tattookm.jpg

sunsplash

Freckled
I actually started a thread asking for opinions and suggestions on my next one! Care to give your insights, Anne? :)

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/social-world/100096-tattoo-ideas.html

100_2937.jpg

This was my first at 18 that I designed myself. I'm a gemini and dolphins are my favorite animal - representing intelligence, free spirit, and grace (I was a dancer).

26425_717045652788_18706493_4050550.jpg

This is my newest, done in March - a mother/daughter symbol with my daughter birth flower, to honor her obviously. :)

Smokeless Indica

smokeless-indica-albums-me-picture2360-my-tat.jpg

Not very good quality but closer up. I've got one on my ankle that I don't have a pic of yet. Its TEO in cursive. My baby brother's initials. He's a miracle baby

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Oh my gosh, Sunsplash, those are gorgeous. And so creative! I believe you could out-think me in the suggestion department. :) When you decide though, be sure to show us!

Indica, I hear the ankle hurts A LOT!

photo0002w.jpg

First tat. It's about 15 years old or so.

photo0001ab.jpg

Second one. This one is about seven years old or so.

photo0003ul.jpg

Newest one. I got this one this year.

Can anyone detect a theme? :)

mho123

Atheist
I actually started a thread asking for opinions and suggestions on my next one! Care to give your insights, Anne? :)

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/social-world/100096-tattoo-ideas.html

100_2937.jpg

This was my first at 18 that I designed myself. I'm a gemini and dolphins are my favorite animal - representing intelligence, free spirit, and grace (I was a dancer).

26425_717045652788_18706493_4050550.jpg

This is my newest, done in March - a mother/daughter symbol with my daughter birth flower, to honor her obviously. :)

i like the tatoo on your back ,, very sexy btw .

Smokeless Indica

I want more butterflies. I've been thinking of getting some sort of garden theme going on my back with butterflies, faries, and my favorite flowers. I also wan't to get my mom's other two kids' initials tattooed somewhere. Haven't figured out where though yet.

sunsplash

Freckled
Aw, thanks *Anne*...I really love them too :)
I love the meaning behind yours as well.

StephenW - love the hand print idea...my husband is getting our daughter's birth footprints on his back this summer - he's a tattoo virgin, hehe.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Here is the only one I got so far:
Picture5.jpg

I got the Sickness face because Disturbed was the first non-Christian band I started listening to after I deconverted. Although Believe is my favorite album (both of the band and my favorite album ever), I decided to get the face since that is what my new life began with.

I am planning on getting a pentagram (which I'm still designing) and a Mewtwo very soon. The good thing is my artist doesn't do tattoos for a profit, and his tattoos are very cheap but also very good.