• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoo ideas?

Ðanisty

No, it doesn't suck. This is just the first opportunity I've had to comment on it. Have the tattoo artist flesh it out a bit. He should be more than happy to redraw it for you with detail and he should also be more than willing to redraw it again if you are unhappy with it. It's his job to do that. Make sure to talk to him about how you want it done...greyshade or color, etc. It wouldn't hurt also to explain the symbology a bit so he understands the purpose of this piece...yes that does make a difference in how an artist approaches something.

*I'm just using the word him because typing him/her he/she every time is annoying.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I agree with the Kat . :) In this case , with a shared tat and all , it would be even harder to have it removed { the connection to a loved one ... } .

Having said that , I have a friend who has a small tat of a butterfly on her wrist . Her daughter has one { different , but a butterfly none the less } on her hip . I like that is so cool . :)

Talk it over with your mother . It is something you both will have for the rest of your lives , so it should have meaning for you both .

Ðanisty

I'm not sure they're getting the same tattoo...just going together to get them. I could be wrong though.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Buttons* said:
Hey all :D

My mom is coming this weekend, and she suggested the idea that we get tattoo's together. I dont think i want to pass that opportunity up! ;)

The only thing is, I dont know what I should get or where I want it (though I'd like to be able to hide it.. and i'm not good with pain, so the smaller the better) I do want whatever I get to have religious meaning, preferably Gnostic.

So are any of you good with designing this kind of stuff? Any ideas for something unique?

Thanks in advance :D

They don't hurt. I'd recommend the meaty part of the shoulder blade. You can't feel it there at all and it is out of sight. As to what to get? You'd have to answer that...

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
craigybabes2004_19157697.jpg

this is my tattoo, really really wanting more though :)

if your worried about the pain then don't, it really doesn't hurt, i was having a laugh and a joke with the guy who was doing mine much to the frustration of my fiance who wanted to see me in pain lol, going to get a pair of tribal angel wings either side of this one eventually!

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Oh and personaly i thought for a year before getting this one done, for me getting a tattoo isn't something to rush into, people who go and get them done just for the sake of doing it do my head in lol personally i want all of mine to be a reflection of myself! If that makes sense lol

Ðanisty

darkpenguin said:
Oh and personaly i thought for a year before getting this one done, for me getting a tattoo isn't something to rush into, people who go and get them done just for the sake of doing it do my head in lol personally i want all of mine to be a reflection of myself! If that makes sense lol
Being an artist myself, it's really easy for any art I appreciate to be a reflection of myself. Maybe this is why I'm not worried about the future and what I'll think of my tatts 20 years from now. If the art is good, it's good.

As for pain, it all depends on your tolerance to pain and where you're getting the tattoo. Certain parts of the body are more sensitive than others. For me though, it's not really so much of a pain as a discomfort and it's part of what I enjoy about getting the tattoos. There are some parts I can't feel at all though.