• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tarot Spread for Career

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hi! Does anyone know of a good tarot spread for getting career path guidance? I'm trying to do a reading for myself, but the spreads I know don't work for the type of question I have. Thanks!!!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I hardly ever use spreads, honestly. More often than not, they make for needless complexity, especially since many of the canned spreads in the literature are... well... they are needlessly complicated and too cookie cutter. Vast majority of the time, I do a one-card draw based on a single question. That's all you need for most things. Then, if the insights from the one card beg some additional questions, I then draw additional clarifying cards to address those as needed.

Put another way, really frame it around your questions. Making good questions is probably the most important part of any divination. One card per question. For something careers-related, I might think of questions like this (with a card with insights for each):

• What is a personal strength of mine I should be mindful of when thinking about what careers are a good fit for me? (do this same one for weaknesses too, as a different card)
  • What aspects of the work environment should I be keeping in mind during my search? (you might also ask one about geographic location of work if you think you might move for a career change)
  • How might path X impact my interpersonal relationships?
Basically think about the various career-related things that you want to mull over and reflect on. Problem with canned spreads is it's what some other person thought was important, not what you think is important. Maybe they are the same in some cases - inspiration can certainly be derived from canned spreads. Just about the only type of spread that I ever do is one based on the Four, but that's because the Four are central to my path. If they aren't for you, it'd be a bad setup.