• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tarot Reading Help?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hey fellow diviners,

I just did 2 tarot readings, and I am honestly unable to make heads or tails of my first one. The second one was straight forward and self explanatory. Is anyone willing to help me make sense of the first one?

It was a small 3 card spread: Strength/Weakness/Advice. Query was: Is ____ group right for me?

The cards I got, in same order as listed in the spread above was: King of Arrows/The Great Bear(20)/The Guardian(15)

I added the Major Arcana numbers since their names vary between decks. The Rider-Waite cards would have been: King of Swords / The Sun / The Devil

Orbit

I'm a planet
I would say King of Swords is a male that will introduce conflict. The two major arcana cards represent forces beyond your control. The Sun is your natural optimism about the situation, The Devil is ignorance or egoism at play in the group, possibly connected to the male represented by the King of Swords. I think the takeaway is a warning to be careful of an ego-driven male in the group. That's my take.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I would say King of Swords is a male that will introduce conflict. The two major arcana cards represent forces beyond your control. The Sun is your natural optimism about the situation, The Devil is ignorance or egoism at play in the group, possibly connected to the male represented by the King of Swords. I think the takeaway is a warning to be careful of an ego-driven male in the group. That's my take.

Considering it's a solitary group (meaning I have no direct contact with other members), the ego-driven person is me.... Hmmmmm. Something to think about.

EDIT: Other's input is appreciated still :).

Last edited:

Orbit

I'm a planet
Considering it's a solitary group (meaning I have no direct contact with other members), the ego-driven person is me.... Hmmmmm. Something to think about.

EDIT: Other's input is appreciated still :).

Ah, given that context, perhaps it's a warning against egoism getting in the way of your work. :)

Sees

Dragonslayer
My wife didn't give me a lot of feedback when I had her look at this - she said it's "good, yes, positive - I'm busy babe" lol For whatever that's worth....she is really big into tarot and I'm plain clueless outside of runes and stuff like environmental signs, dreams, etc.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It would really help if I could see pictures of the cards because you did not use a Rider-Waite deck. It would feel very wrong to interpret the message from the Spirit of the Cards using a paradigm not of that spirit. I mean, I know how I would interpret it as Rider-Waite, but I guess I'm saying I don't feel that is appropriate.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It would really help if I could see pictures of the cards because you did not use a Rider-Waite deck. It would feel very wrong to interpret the message from the Spirit of the Cards using a paradigm not of that spirit. I mean, I know how I would interpret it as Rider-Waite, but I guess I'm saying I don't feel that is appropriate.
King+of+Arrows+-+Kingfisher+-+Wildwood+Tarot.png

20+The+Great+Bear.jpg

sc012df45a-scaled1000.jpg

Well... Those came out much bigger then I expected >_<. Lol

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow... as I suspected, a totally different flavor that Raider-Waite. I'm hitting the sack soon, but I'll have to pontificate on those later. I definitely get a completely different vibe from them than a standard RW deck.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I know the RW deck but not the first. But I will use the first...

Strength/Weakness/Advice
Kingfisher/Big Dipper/Dead Bear at the Cave

The answer is no.

You are like the Kingfisher diving full into the water head first like an arrow for that little fish. You are rushing for your meal, but you are GOOD at it. However, this time, while you are ready to dive, you are hoping they will give you direction. The Great Bear in the sky (lBig Dipper) can be used to locate the little bear (Little Dipper) and the Little Dipper can be used to point to the North Star. That is what you want to find. So you think they will be that Big Dipper - but this hope is your weakness. Not only are they not the group to point the way, if you seek them what they will tell you and lead you to is a FALSE BEAR who is dead but even in death guards the cave of sleep so you will never rest where they take you.

Don't.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I know the RW deck but not the first. But I will use the first...

Strength/Weakness/Advice
Kingfisher/Big Dipper/Dead Bear at the Cave

The answer is no.

You are like the Kingfisher diving full into the water head first like an arrow for that little fish. You are rushing for your meal, but you are GOOD at it. However, this time, while you are ready to dive, you are hoping they will give you direction. The Great Bear in the sky (lBig Dipper) can be used to locate the little bear (Little Dipper) and the Little Dipper can be used to point to the North Star. That is what you want to find. So you think they will be that Big Dipper - but this hope is your weakness. Not only are they not the group to point the way, if you seek them what they will tell you and lead you to is a FALSE BEAR who is dead but even in death guards the cave of sleep so you will never rest where they take you.

Don't.

Interesting interpretation and I appreciate it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If this sounds somewhat stream-of-consciousness, it's because it is. It kind of reflects how I interpret cards in my own practice. I construct a narrative.

Kingfisher darts over a placid lake in an ancient grove; it is a creature of air, and commands all the freedoms that brings. You will have freedom to explore, to travel, to hunt. Kingfisher has a particular manner of hunting. It perches in wait on the branches of those trees, watching that lake for the right fish to swim by. Then, it will swoop down to grasp it. You’ll have a similarly commanding vantage point; waiting and watching for the opportunities to seize. There is the potential for much valued knowledge to be gained, and the less tasty bits of prey can be left to the lake.

Great Bear sits guarding a sacred cave; only the worthy will pass through here! What Mysteries lie within that mound? You may never know, if you cannot please its guardian. Perhaps it is better to sit in the safety of the trees, and contemplate that cave from afar? Will you risk entry? There may be some obstacles that stand in the way of snatching the prey, finding the wisdom, exploring the path. If you pass Great Bear’s test, it will guard you against the unworthy. However, it may also keep watch over who leaves the cave, blocking what seems to be the only way in… or out.

I can almost see The Guardian existing within the space of the sacred cave in the previous card. Sometimes, when we take a journey, we find what is unexpected. We go hoping for that tasty bit of prey as the Kingfisher in the lake, but are then confronted with a challenge. The Guardian aims to challenge your resolve, to make you face the inner parts of you that are feared, denied, hidden. The bones. Things that are core to you, but reminders of what you might like to forget. Running from the Guardian is like running from yourself. Sometimes, that is necessary. We are not ready. Do you feel ready?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If this sounds somewhat stream-of-consciousness, it's because it is. It kind of reflects how I interpret cards in my own practice. I construct a narrative.

Kingfisher darts over a placid lake in an ancient grove; it is a creature of air, and commands all the freedoms that brings. You will have freedom to explore, to travel, to hunt. Kingfisher has a particular manner of hunting. It perches in wait on the branches of those trees, watching that lake for the right fish to swim by. Then, it will swoop down to grasp it. You’ll have a similarly commanding vantage point; waiting and watching for the opportunities to seize. There is the potential for much valued knowledge to be gained, and the less tasty bits of prey can be left to the lake.

Great Bear sits guarding a sacred cave; only the worthy will pass through here! What Mysteries lie within that mound? You may never know, if you cannot please its guardian. Perhaps it is better to sit in the safety of the trees, and contemplate that cave from afar? Will you risk entry? There may be some obstacles that stand in the way of snatching the prey, finding the wisdom, exploring the path. If you pass Great Bear’s test, it will guard you against the unworthy. However, it may also keep watch over who leaves the cave, blocking what seems to be the only way in… or out.

I can almost see The Guardian existing within the space of the sacred cave in the previous card. Sometimes, when we take a journey, we find what is unexpected. We go hoping for that tasty bit of prey as the Kingfisher in the lake, but are then confronted with a challenge. The Guardian aims to challenge your resolve, to make you face the inner parts of you that are feared, denied, hidden. The bones. Things that are core to you, but reminders of what you might like to forget. Running from the Guardian is like running from yourself. Sometimes, that is necessary. We are not ready. Do you feel ready?

Thank you, that was a very thorough interpretation.

I am going to have to try a 'stream of consciousness' approach to the cards the next time I use them, I am still trying to perfect what way I read the cards. I can have trouble with divination because my mind works in a very logical fashion, so releasing my grip on x means ___, so on an so forth is hard for me. That may help though.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you, that was a very thorough interpretation.

I am going to have to try a 'stream of consciousness' approach to the cards the next time I use them, I am still trying to perfect what way I read the cards. I can have trouble with divination because my mind works in a very logical fashion, so releasing my grip on x means ___, so on an so forth is hard for me. That may help though.

You get better at it. My mind tends to default to analytical as well, but it is very possible to train yourself to shift into storytelling or artistry mode. Well, it is for me... but I've also always had both of those things going on throughout my life. I've been a creative/imaginal/artsy person as much as I've been a scientific/analytical/factsy person. :sweat: