• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tarot cards

Frank Goad

My dad just to be a preacher.And he told me tarot cards are bad.Because it is divination.What do you guys think?I agree with my dad.I haven't found any evidence that Methodists like tarot cards.:)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
They are a tool like any other.

Not black or white. It depends on how you are doing them. My wife (who's Christian) and I both utilize tarot.

Viker

Häxan
I really like this one. It looks like Lord Cornijer is about to murder Thanos at a fallout shelter.

the-devil-tarot261423-tapestries.jpg

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
My dad just to be a preacher.And he told me tarot cards are bad.Because it is divination.What do you guys think?I agree with my dad.I haven't found any evidence that Methodists like tarot cards.:)

Originally, tarot cards were simply playing cards. A couple of hundred years after their invention someone got the idea to use them for divination. Many people today use standard playing cards for divination too. Neither deck is "bad", the same with ouija boards (originally a mainstream game in good Christian homes).

If someone chooses to adhere to superstitious claptrap, nearly anything can be labeled "bad".

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Tarot cards aren't for everyone, but I recommend trying to keep an open mind about it, as you seem to have an interest in the paranormal, supernatural, and unexplained, and I feel tarot cards loosely fit into that category.