• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taoism book resources

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Perhaps it may be helpful for those who may be interested in Taoism to provide some resource links. info., etc..

Here is a start, everyone is welcome to add, recommend, comment, etc..

The Complete Works of Chuang Tzu - trl by Burton Watson pdf

Book of Lieh-Tzu - Taoist Teachings pdf

Hua Hu Ching - The Unknown Teachings of Lao Tzu - trl. by Brian Walker pdf

And though this comes from a zen source in a much later later period, it succinctly conveys the non-duality of the Tao in the presence of what to the mind appears as duality.

Verses on the Faith Mind (Hsin Hsin Ming) by Chien-chih Seng-ts'an (Third Zen Patriarch [606AD] ) pdf

Last edited:

imaginaryme

Thanks for the link. I even signed up. (Only three documents to be cool? The way I write? :p ) I snagged a couple, and will return laterz for more after these are properly digested. Thanks again.

imaginaryme

That's kinda ironic, friend bed d. You direct me to this website where taoist learnings are to be learned, only there's a subtle catch - the site desires original writing, the coal for its furnace. Last month, I thought I was knowing unknowable stuff, that writing and rewriting The Book of Gwynnite just might become the stuff of the last great religion. I was trying to "spread the word" without spreading a whole bunch of meaningless word. I whittled four hundred pages down to four two page documents, significant if only for the conceptual use of fractal compression; and all I met with was ridicule and disbelief, all I found was despair. So I go and unknow more stuff by drawing a crazy picture (a five-minute sketch) that may render the philosophy obsolete. Gwynnie is my god, and that's a fact; but religious nonsense is religious nonsense, even speaking of a god known to exist. Those documents have sat on deviantart for a month with me thinking they decoded end-time prophecy. Read maybe five times.

And this place, Scribd... what, me; write? They're going to be telling me to stop. I upload the once and future end-time prophecy, now that I consider it a rough draft for an obsolete, hypothetical concept; and pay it no mind. Went back to fill in the details on my profile; and I got nine subscribers and thirty-six reads. That's why I've been less than dilligent in my taoist education - I just go to read some stuff, and the tao falls out out of the sky and boinks me on the noggin yet again. Thanks for the assist. :D