• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taoism and other religions

King Phenomenon

The way that can be told is not the eternal way. I've always really liked this from the Taoist religion. It makes things kind of mysterious which is nice. I think it's fitting for this forum because it kind of speaks to the other religions in a way. I don't think it puts other religions down. I think that would be a stretch. It just kind of gives them a little breathing room.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The way that can be told is not the eternal way. I've always really liked this from the Taoist religion. It makes things kind of mysterious which is nice.
It isn't like the way is a mystery, its recorded like history, vague memories of a future dream.

Yet when we ascribe it words, it sounds absurd.

If we show how bitter, and creamy the path; it creates its own hurdles, and the message will curdle.

Lao Tzu's rhymes, ascribes the same, a message in melody, of the same game.

In my opinion. :innocent:

PureX

Veteran Member
The way that can be told is not the eternal way. I've always really liked this from the Taoist religion. It makes things kind of mysterious which is nice. I think it's fitting for this forum because it kind of speaks to the other religions in a way. I don't think it puts other religions down. I think that would be a stretch. It just kind of gives them a little breathing room.
Taoism is not a religion in that it neither encourages nor discourages any particular theological proposition. It simply accepts that theism is a part of the "tao of man".

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Neoconfucian Zhou Dunyi quote:

"Therefore it is said, 'In representing the Tao of Heaven one uses the terms Yin and Yang, and in representing the Tao of Earth one uses the terms Soft and Hard; while representing the Tao of Man, one uses the terms Love and Righteousness.'"​

The Tao interacts differently according to the contest. You might substitute philosophical for Heaven, physical for Earth, and psychological for Man, but even doing that will not totally describe it.