• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tantra and Hinduism

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Tantra is the most misunderstood branch of Hinduism. Most people see tantra as a mere superstition other view it as an evil. So actually what is tantra??
The use of mantra is tantra. Today very few tantrics are left and most people who call them tantric are just begainners. They just learn one or two tantrik vidhya and then use them for evil purpose. But tantra is not for that. Tantra is a way (and most convenient way ) to attain mokesh. Most people believe that tantra orignates from puranas but it's false. Once there was almost 90,000 tantric scpritures in India (Before mugal invasion of India) but now only few are left. There are mainly 64 branches of tantra. So now let's see some devas of tantra.

1) The ten Mahavidhyas-- Kali, Tara, Shodashi, Bhuvaneshvari, Bhairavi,
Chhinnamasta, Dhumavati, Bagalamukhi, Matangi, and Kamala. Each Mahavidhya provides huge power to her sadhak and also open door for mokesh.
Mahavidyas.jpg

2) Yakshni- Yakshni are beautiful females and resides in Yaksh Lokh. There are 64 types of yakshni dealing with 64 branches of Tantra. Once any person siddh any Yahshni he/she recieves knowledge of that particular field. Also yakshni improves the financial status of her sadhak and live with sadhak as mother, sister, wife or friend for complete life.
4) Yaksh-- Yaksh helps same as yakshni but it's difficult to siddh a yaksh.

5)Yogini- Feminine powers that provides wealth, health and knowldge and decrease the effect of bad planets in kundli creating auspicious fortune. There are some yogini those resides with Mahavidhyas.

6)Gandharv-- Resides in Gandharv Lokh. They help their sadhaks in similar way as Yaksh.

7)Vidhyadhar-- Their lokh is higher than that of Gandharv. They are knowledge giver.

8)Kinnari-- Resides in Kinnar lokh. They provide wealth and good fortune but mainly they are helpful in field of Music, singing and dancing.

9) Naag and Nagin- Provide health and wealth.

10) Apsara-- Almost all hindus are familier with Apsaras. Apsaras are most beautiful feminine power and resides in Swarg Lokh under the Indra. It is said that 16108 apsaras resides in swarg lokh. A sadhakh can only sidhha an Apsara as sister, mother, wife or friend. She helps sadhak in every field, but they are not as faithful as Yakshni so sadhak has to do Apsara Sadhna again and again.

11) Karnpishachni-- Give power to read mind and see past of any person through his/ her any article. However she is tamsik and very dangerous.

The list goes long. There are many others such as Pret, pishach, betaal, brahm Rakshas, Veer, Gana, Mari, feetkarini, detya, mrakendra ..... etc.

There are many siddhis that can be attained by tantra--

1) A person can see and know his her past life through tantra.
2) A person can get powers like aakarshan (attraction), uchatan(to get rid of enemy), vidhashan(create conflict between two persons), maaran (to kill)
3) Tantra makes Kundalani awakening procedure easy.
4)Tantra provides us to see ability to see diffrent loks(dimensions) near us and their creatures .
5) Tantra gives ability to control devas.
5)Parad Vigyan is a branch of Tantra that helps to convert one metal to other.
6) Surya Vigyan- Helps to transform sun energy to matter and much more.
7) Tantra gives ability to transform ourself, change our size and shape, fly, melt metals through eyes etc. It helps to achieve mokesh.

There are much more in tantra. Tantra is very huge. However today most people are fraud and use tantra to earn money. What are your views about tantra. :D

Last edited:

Kalidas

So is it almost like witchcraft? I am sorry I that offends anyone and I don men to call tantrics witches, jut no sure how else to ask such a question.

Kalidas

Witchcraft does not exist. Everything is science.

Okay I can agree to that. So then.....hhmmmm how does tantra"work" per se? I remember reading up on Kali mantras one time an I remember someone saying that one was "dangerous" especially if pronounced incorrectly. How do the mantras fulfill their purpose or is it just the nature of the mantra to do so. How does it help one reach moksha?

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
So then.....hhmmmm how does tantra"work" per se?
There are two definations of tantra. Frist is "the protection of tan[body] by mantras is tantra" and second is "use of mantra to produce certain vibrations that fulfills the purpose of sadhak is called tantra".
Now how actually tantra works. In order to work it requires 3 things a mantra, a yantra[device] and resources used for japa like mala, offerings etc. So when we chant mantras, yantras intensify them and other resources used in pooja attracts certain powers of universe. Some of them are satvik and called deva while other are tamsik. Most of their bodies are made up of 2 [higher devas] or 3[lower devas] elements so they are attracted by smell and sounds [that is why bells and flowers used in temples].
I remember reading up on Kali mantras one time an I remember someone saying that one was "dangerous" especially if pronounced incorrectly.
A mother never harm her child.

How do the mantras fulfill their purpose or is it just the nature of the mantra to do so. How does it help one reach moksha?
Mantra only fulfill purpose if complete procedure is followed. Tantra provides mokesh because when you worship any deity than the quality of deities gets transferred to your body. But tantra can also through you to hellish state for next thousands of year.

Kalidas

There are two definations of tantra. Frist is "the protection of tan[body] by mantras is tantra" and second is "use of mantra to produce certain vibrations that fulfills the purpose of sadhak is called tantra".
Now how actually tantra works. In order to work it requires 3 things a mantra, a yantra[device] and resources used for japa like mala, offerings etc. So when we chant mantras, yantras intensify them and other resources used in pooja attracts certain powers of universe. Some of them are satvik and called deva while other are tamsik. Most of their bodies are made up of 2 [higher devas] or 3[lower devas] elements so they are attracted by smell and sounds [that is why bells and flowers used in temples].

A mother never harm her child.

Mantra only fulfill purpose if complete procedure is followed. Tantra provides mokesh because when you worship any deity than the quality of deities gets transferred to your body. But tantra can also through you to hellish state for next thousands of year.

That last part sounds a little scary. I would like to avoid any kind of hellish state. Hhmmm we gain qualities o the deity we worship.... I am going to be very scary some day lol I joke.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
That last part sounds a little scary. I would like to avoid any kind of hellish state.
Well this happens if you try to control those demonic powers which are beyond your capacities and instead of you controlling them soon they control you. Also in case if one uses tantra for harming people than this can also result in such states.

Kalidas

Well this happens if you try to control those demonic powers which are beyond your capacities and instead of you controlling them soon they control you. Also in case if one uses tantra for harming people than this can also result in such states.

Wait! You an attempt to control demons? Aren't demons you know... bad?

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Wait! You an attempt to control demons? Aren't demons you know... bad?
No, first of all Demonic means access of Tamasik energy within them. Some of them may be bad while others are not. Controlling them isn't bad but using them to fulfill your wrong intentions is bad.

Kalidas

No, first of all Demonic means access of Tamasik energy within them. Some of them may be bad while others are not. Controlling them isn't bad but using them to fulfill your wrong intentions is bad.

Okay I see. So using the mantras to harm others can and I lead to your harm. Makes sense karma is still at work.

So basically through the use of mantra(words) yantra and ritual tantrics believe they can channel divine energy to effect the world around them? Am at least beginning to understand it?

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Okay I see. So using the mantras to harm others can and I lead to your harm. Makes sense karma is still at work.
Yes :yes:

So basically through the use of mantra(words) yantra and ritual tantrics believe they can channel divine energy to effect the world around them?
yes they do. The people who reach the heights of tantra are referred as siddhas. Most of them resides in Himalayan regions. Some of them are hundreds of years old.

Am at least beginning to understand it?
:yes:

Kalidas

Yes :yes:

yes they do. The people who reach the heights of tantra are referred as siddhas. Most of them resides in Himalayan regions. Some of them are hundreds of years old.

:yes:

Wow! You seem to know a lot. Would you call yourself a siddha?

Kalidas

nooooo :biglaugh:
There is difference between knowledge and information. It's easier to get information but harder to get knowledge.

I know the difference. Are you even tantric or do out just know a lot about it?