• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talofa!

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Talofa!

I am specifically Seventh-day Adventist (not born or raised as)

01. Christian,
02. Protestant (anti-Catholicism, not anti-Catholic),
03. Creationist (Young Earth, 6,244 years ish) (non-evolutionist, non-theistic evolutionist. non gap-ist),
04. Noahic Global Catastrophist (circa AM 1656; or 600th year of Noah's life), Month (2nd), Day (17th) Gen 07:6,11; lasting a year (AM 1657 2nd, 27th (Gen 8:14-16))),
05. JEHOVIST (LORD God is JEHOVAH Elohiym),
06. Trio-ist (Father, Son and Holy Ghost, each Divine/Deity, are three eternal distinct Beings/Persons working together as one chord; with Father and Son having body, parts, form, shape, likeness (nature of the Holy Ghost/Spirit is a mystery unexplained though He is an eternal Person/Being), not necessarily 'trinitarian' (depends on definition (anti-Roman Catholicism def.))
07. King James Bible as the perfectly inspired and preserved word of God in English,
08. Annihilationist (wicked will be ultimately destroyed and gone forever after 3rd Advent),
09. Soul Sleepist (conditional mortalist; anti-psychopannychiast),
10. Ten Commandments (God's Law for all mankind in all times)
11. Sabbath of the LORD - keeper (the 7th day of the scriptural week as formulated at creation/Genesis) etc)
12. Historicist (prophetic, non-futurist, non-preterist, non-amillenialist, non-allegoricist)
13. Millenialist (aka chiliast) (literal, natural 1,000 years to come (spent in Heaven, not on earth))
14. Assurance of Salvation (relationship) but not OSAS, not Irresistible Grace (iow, can lose, cast away salvation)
15. Unfallen (no sin) Life on Unfallen Worlds believer (not little green, grey, etc men or beast men)
16. Continuing Gifts in the Church (such as gift of Prophecy, through persons like (but not limited to) sister Ellen G White), in other words, a non-'cessastionist'.
17. Health Reformer (Edenist)
18. Resurrectionist (belief in the resurrection, not merely of Jesus (and others past), but also of the 3 resurrections to come; special (mixture), first great (just/righteous) and second great (unjust/damnation)
19. Adventist (waiting for the real and soon return of Jesus Christ in glory and power from Heaven)
20. Tabernaclist (all doctrine may be found in God's Temple/Tabernacle/Sanctuary)
21. Conspiratorialist (I believe the scriptures (KJB) point out the secret doings of men in high places)
22. Globist (the world/earth is a spheroid, not flat, nor domish)
23. Love for the Truth/Facts (no matter the field of study/topic/subject)
24. Blood Atonement (Jesus' blood is the purchase of the whole world)

I hope that helps in any future conversation with me. Any questions, please ask, and do not assume, whether in public or private.

AWHN-2300-Day-Years-Prophecy-of-Daniel-8-Vs-14-And-Its-Sub-Parts.jpg

Source

AWHN-Bible-7000-Years.jpg

Source

AWHN-Bible-7-Feasts-Of-The-LORD.jpg

Source

AWHN-Bible-Psalms-77-Vs-13-Thy-Way-O-God-Is-In-The-Sanctuary.jpg

Source

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Talofa!

I am specifically Seventh-day Adventist (not born or raised as)

01. Christian,
02. Protestant (anti-Catholicism, not anti-Catholic),
03. Creationist (Young Earth, 6,244 years ish) (non-evolutionist, non-theistic evolutionist. non gap-ist),
04. Noahic Global Catastrophist (circa AM 1656; or 600th year of Noah's life), Month (2nd), Day (17th) Gen 07:6,11; lasting a year (AM 1657 2nd, 27th (Gen 8:14-16))),
05. JEHOVIST (LORD God is JEHOVAH Elohiym),
06. Trio-ist (Father, Son and Holy Ghost, each Divine/Deity, are three eternal distinct Beings/Persons working together as one chord; with Father and Son having body, parts, form, shape, likeness (nature of the Holy Ghost/Spirit is a mystery unexplained though He is an eternal Person/Being), not necessarily 'trinitarian' (depends on definition (anti-Roman Catholicism def.))
07. King James Bible as the perfectly inspired and preserved word of God in English,
08. Annihilationist (wicked will be ultimately destroyed and gone forever after 3rd Advent),
09. Soul Sleepist (conditional mortalist; anti-psychopannychiast),
10. Ten Commandments (God's Law for all mankind in all times)
11. Sabbath of the LORD - keeper (the 7th day of the scriptural week as formulated at creation/Genesis) etc)
12. Historicist (prophetic, non-futurist, non-preterist, non-amillenialist, non-allegoricist)
13. Millenialist (aka chiliast) (literal, natural 1,000 years to come (spent in Heaven, not on earth))
14. Assurance of Salvation (relationship) but not OSAS, not Irresistible Grace (iow, can lose, cast away salvation)
15. Unfallen (no sin) Life on Unfallen Worlds believer (not little green, grey, etc men or beast men)
16. Continuing Gifts in the Church (such as gift of Prophecy, through persons like (but not limited to) sister Ellen G White), in other words, a non-'cessastionist'.
17. Health Reformer (Edenist)
18. Resurrectionist (belief in the resurrection, not merely of Jesus (and others past), but also of the 3 resurrections to come; special (mixture), first great (just/righteous) and second great (unjust/damnation)
19. Adventist (waiting for the real and soon return of Jesus Christ in glory and power from Heaven)
20. Tabernaclist (all doctrine may be found in God's Temple/Tabernacle/Sanctuary)
21. Conspiratorialist (I believe the scriptures (KJB) point out the secret doings of men in high places)
22. Globist (the world/earth is a spheroid, not flat, nor domish)
23. Love for the Truth/Facts (no matter the field of study/topic/subject)
24. Blood Atonement (Jesus' blood is the purchase of the whole world)

I hope that helps in any future conversation with me. Any questions, please ask, and do not assume, whether in public or private.
Welcome to RF :)

I’m glad to say i’m not most of the things on your list, except for number 23.

So what were you raised as?

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Welcome to RF :)

I’m glad to say i’m not most of the things on your list, except for number 23.

So what were you raised as?
Roman Catholic, full communion, etc, and briefly worked for a specialized ministry therein, which EWTN stated were experts in their field. Family still works for the local bishop in the city in which they reside.

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Seems like you are beyond repair.
You don't have to worry about that, as Jesus has already taken care of that part.

What interaction can I have with you!
Well, "Hi." might be a start? or a hand wave, a hand shake, a smile? :) I am not beyond interaction and in fact would have people think on why they believe what they believe.

For instance, as a Seventh-day Adventist, I would expect to find that the 7th day the Sabbath would be found in the creation and throughout all of humanity as being from origins. We find this in the septa-circadian rhythms and in many languages of the world, for instance:

https://www.sabbathtruth.com/portals/20/documents/chart-of-the-week.pdf

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You don't have to worry about that, as Jesus has already taken care of that part.

Well, "Hi." might be a start? or a hand wave, a hand shake, a smile? :) I am not beyond interaction and in fact would have people think on why they believe what they believe.

For instance, as a Seventh-day Adventist, I would expect to find that the 7th day the Sabbath would be found in the creation and throughout all of humanity as being from origins. We find this in the septa-circadian rhythms and in many languages of the world, for instance:
Jesus hardly can do anything right. History is my witness.

For the prevalence of Seven, we have a completely different story. The PIE people hailed from sub-Arctic regions, where the sun shone in the sky only for seven months in the year. When they (or their influence) spread over a large area of the world from Ireland to Iran, India and Altai, the fascination for number seven stuck with them. The Jews probably picked up the story in their interaction with Medians or other Iranians.

"We must again bear in mind that the seven-fold division of waters does not stand by itself in the RigVeda; but is only a particular case of a general principle of division adopted therein. Thus we have seven earthly abodes (I, 22, 16), seven mountains (VIII, 96, 2), seven rays or horses of the sun (I, 164, 3), seven hotris (priests, VIII, 60, 16), seven regions (dishah) and seven Âdityas (suns, IX, 114, 3), seven dhîtis or devotions (IX, 8, 4), seven sisters or maryâdâh (X, 5,5-6), and possibly seven and seven gods (X, 55, 3), in the, RigVeda; while in the later Sanskrit literature we have the seven heavens, seven earths, seven mountains, seven oceans and seven netherworlds. This seven-fold division is also found in other Aryan mythologies, as, for instance, in the Avesta, where the earth is said to be divided into seven Karshavares (continents, Yt. X, 16 and 64), and in the Greek mythology, which speaks of the seven layers of heaven over one another. It follows, therefore, that the seven-fold division must be traced back almost to the Indo-European period; .."
"Arctic Home in Vedas", B. G. Tilak

However, Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited:

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Jesus hardly can do anything right. ...
What do you mean? You will have to explain. I have found Jesus to do everything right, though his followers are as children, learning to walk even as he walked. Do you fault a child of few months that cannot immediately stand, or do you censure a babe that cannot formulate a coherent sentence, but instead only babbles and gestures? What of the youth, or the teenager, that is not yet of full age, being unable to fully comprehend the deep things of the adult world?

History is my witness. ...
You will have to explain. I do not desire to assume what you refer to. I can guess, but I would wait until I hear back.

For the prevalence of Seven, we have a completely different story. ...
It is not merely the 'prevalence of Seven', but that in nearly every language the 7th day of the week is literally called "sabbath". That was the point. The point was not that seven is merely prevalent. I also pointed to the septa-circadian rhythms in creation, which have nothing to do with an arctic sun cycle. It was that Sabbath was prevalent the world over from the beginning.

Additionally, as a Seventh-day Adventist, I would also expect the Gospel, and history of Genesis to be found in some of the oldest languages of the world also, for instance, in the ancient Chinese language the entire history of Genesis is there, along with the Flood of Noah, and it is even in the ancient marriage vows of China (some 3500+ years old):

A non-Seventh-day Adventist source:

you may read like material here (again non-Seventh-day Adventist source):

The discovery of Genesis in the Ancient Chinese language

Bible-Chinese-Langauge-Meaning-Chart-01.jpg

In fact, it might even be in similar languages which shed from China. I haven't checked the vedic, hindu, tibetan, etc yet, though it is in the very alpha-bet of the Hebrew language.

iu

Again, non-Seventh-day Adventist source

Hebrew Pictograms

Last edited:

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
The PIE people hailed from sub-Arctic regions, where the sun shone in the sky only for seven months in the year. When they (or their influence) spread over a large area of the world from Ireland to Iran, India and Altai, the fascination for number seven stuck with them. The Jews probably picked up the story in their interaction with Medians or other Iranians.
The Hebrews, hailing from Eber (Genesis 10:21,24,25), hence "eber-ew" already had a distinct language. For instance Abraham, coming out of Ur of the Chaldees, was an Hebrew (Genesis 14:13). The peoples as such, came from the "east" (Genesis 11:2), from the mountains of Ararat (Genesis 8:4), from which before "Babel" all the world had been of "one language" (Genesis 11:1), and so this is why I would expect the Genesis account and the Flood account to still be within the oldest languages of earth, such as the ancient Chinese.

Also, as a Seventh-day Adventist, I would expect to find evidence in history and at the Mts. Ararat of the Ark that Noah made at the command of God, and likewise I would expect to find in nearly every ancient culture the history of such an flood, which is what we find:

Again, non-Seventh-day Adventist sources:

Flood Legends From Around the World

Why Does Nearly Every Culture Have a Tradition of a Global Flood?

As for the Ark of Noah, it still exists upon the mountain there, even today, and has been seen by many persons, and on SAT imaging, both US and Turkish and by a recent expedition with samples taken for analysis.

Again, a non-Seventh-day Adventist source (just the first one, it is a combined 4 presentations):

Some ancient-old eyewitnesses: - Testimonies list

· 275 BC – Berossus reporting on the history of Babylonia, claims that pilgrims went up a mountain in Armenia to carve amulets from the petrified pitch that covers the Ark (Berossus quoted by Abydenus (200 BC), Apollodorus (160 BC), Alexander Polyhistor (50 BC), Josephus (110 AD), Eusebius, (325 AD), Georgius Syncellus (800 AD)). - The Great Flood: Berossus - Livius

· 64 BC - 1st Century AD – Nicholas of Damascus (96th book) mentions remains of Noah's Ark, "... There is a great mountain in Armenia, over Minyas, called Baris, upon which it is reported that many who fled at the time of the Deluge were saved and that one who was carried in an ark came on shore upon the top of it; and that the remains of the timber were a great while preserved. ..."

· 50 AD – Josephus mentions remains of Noah's Ark 3 times, "... The Armenians call that spot the Landing-Place, for it was there that the Ark came safe to land and they show relics of it to this day. ...", "... This flood and the Ark are mentioned by all who have written histories of the barbarians. These matters are also mentioned by Hieronymus the Egyptian, author of the ancient history of Phoenicia, by Mnaseas and by many others and they are still shown to such as are desirous to see them. ..."

· 180 AD Theophilus of Antioch, "... And of the Ark, the remains are to this day to be seen in the Arabian mountains. ..."

· 315? - 403 AD – Epiphanius report that remains of the Ark are on a mountain in the Gordian mountains.

· 349 - 407 AD Chrysostom mentions remains of Noah's Ark

· 4th Century AD – Faustus of Byzantium reports the experiences of a bishop who traveled to the region of "Gortouk" to see the ark.

· AD 425 church historian Philostorgius’s account (in Book 3 as epitomized by Photius)

· 560 - 636 AD Isidore of Seville mentions remains of Noah's Ark

· 620 AD - According to Hussein El Macin of Baghdad, Roman Emperor Heraclius visits the remains of the Ark after conquering the Persian city of Themanin.

· 1254 AD - Haithon refers to Mt. Ararat as the resting place of Noah's Ark.

· 1255 AD - Guillaume of Ruysbroeck tells of the devout Jacob of Medzpin's adventure on Ararat and his answered prayer to see the Ark.

· 13th Century AD - Marco Polo mentions in his book The Travels of Marco Polo the Ark was still resting on the summit of Mt. Ararat.

· 1647 AD - Adam Olearius' Voyage and Travels of the Ambassadors relates Armenian and Persian stories of the petrified Ark.

· 1820 (?) AD - Explorer Claudius James Rich writes that one Aga Hussein has seen the remains of the Ark.

· 1829 AD - Dr. Friedrich Parrot makes the first modern ascent of Greater Ararat. He visits the ancient St. James Monastery ( also known as St. Jacob Monastery ), that was destroyed in the 1840 eruption of Mt. Ararat.

· 1854 AD - Haji Yearam and his father lead three British scientists up Ararat to the Ark remains.

· 1878 AD - Viscount James Bryce climbs Ararat as recounted in his book Transcaucasia and Ararat. He finds old hand-tooled timber on this treeless mountain.

· 1883 AD - Turkish Commisioners investigate severe Ararat avalanches and report seeing the preserved but battered Ark structure. Locals claimed the remains were visible for six years. ( Nieuwe Rotterdamsche Courant, July 28, 1883 ) ( Chicago Tribune, August 10, 1883 ) ( New York Herald, August 10, 1883 ).. ( New York World, August 13, 1883 ).( New York Times, August 15, 1883 ).( The Watchtower, September 1883 )..Considered the most complete and accurate account appeared in the British Prophetic Messenger in the summer of 1883. ( Click on Turkish Commisioners for the full story )

· 1887 AD - John Joseph, Prince of Nouri, Archbishop and Grand Apostolic Ambassador of Malabar, India and Persia, makes three attempts to climb Ararat. He claims a sighting near the saddle between the peaks. Suggest the Ark be sent to the Chicago World's fair.

· 1900-1908 AD - George Hagopian climbs Ararat with his uncle and reports seeing and climbs onto the preserved Ark. At only ten years succeeded with simple attire of shepherd in reaching well twice with his uncle the ark. Look photo and sketches

· 1916 - 1917 AD - Czar Nicholas II sends an expedition of 150 men to map Ararat and document Ark. After report by Roskovitski (Zabolotsky) pilot of the Russian imperial aviation. Revolution erupts and evidence disappears. Look entire Russian expedition

· 1936 AD - New Zealander Hardwidke Knight finds very old hand tooled timbers high on Ararat.

· 1942 AD - American soldier Ray Lubeck views Ark in a 30 - 120 second film clip on Midway Island in 1942.

· 1943 AD - American soldier Ed Davis glimpses huge broken Ark sections in Ahora Gorge.

· 1944 AD - American soldier Vince Will views Ark from plane on Mt. Ararat

· 1945 AD - American soldier aka - Caleb views Ark from plane on Mt. Ararat

· 1946 AD - American soldier Charlie McCallen views Ark in a 30 - 60 second news reel in a movie theater in Jackson Tennessee.

· 1948 AD - Farmer Shakru Arsent tells newspaper of farmer named Re**** seeing petrified remains of a ship-like structure high on Ararat.

. 1952 1953 AD George Jefferson Greene technical oil American saw a big emergent bow from the ice to northeast, a similar ship construction situated in a gorge near a precipice

· 1953 - 1955 AD - William Todd was a photographer's in Turkey who claims to have seen Noah's Ark many times while flying over Mt. Ararat.

.1955 AD Fernand Navarra French industrialist: he saw under the ice an dark mass alike to keel of a ship. In the '55 and in the '69 of it put out some wood pieces, that it brought to to analyze in the four laboratories of world fame: to Cairo, Madrid, Paris and to Bordeaux. The tests on the degree of fossilization, on the cellular modification etc,they showed that the champion went up again really to the epoch of the Deluge, that is 4500 years ago around. Look Navara documentation

· 1956 - 1957 AD - Herb Knee views Ark in a 60 - 120 second news reel in a movie theater in Winchester Tennessee. [ Herb's Drawings of what he saw. ]

. 1959- 1960 AD Gregor Schwinghammer Captain U.S.A. Air Force Pilot saw a great barge in a gully in the ice Look Gregor interview (WMP format)

· 1964 AD - Retired Air Force Master Sergeant claims to see wood structure on Mt. Ararat.

· 1968 AD - David Duckworth claims as a Smithsonian volunteer he saw ark artifacts from Mt. Ararat.

.1969 Fernand Navarra already quoted in 1955 with the named expedition "Search" was extract some wood pieces from the Parrot glacier on Mt Ararat

· 1969 -1970 AD - Lt. Col. Walter D. Hunter was shown photos of what allegedly was Noah's Ark.

. 1974 Ed Behling, quoted already, veteran USAF, said that he passed "above and under some rocks, he stuck out from a ledge and he saw the ark 50 feet under " Also him saw it from higher position.

. 1985 AD U.S. Air Force General Ralph Havens confirm about a structure on Ararat: We've seen it. We have photos of it -

. 1989 AD Angelo Palego chemical engineer claim to see the Ark front just under strange parallel crevasses

· 1992 - 1993 AD - Rolando Reyna watched a Saturday night newscast which showed film footage of Noah's Ark on Ararat on a Mexican City Broadcast.

. 2002 Cludio Schranz alpine guide of Mt. Rosa filmed a wooden beam emergent from the Parrot glacier on Mt. Ararat

Some 'recent' eyewitnesses:

Eyewitnesses

Non-Seventh-day Adventist source, (jump to time index 13:57, begin there)

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
"We must again bear in mind that the seven-fold division of waters does not stand by itself in the RigVeda; but is only a particular case of a general principle of division adopted therein. Thus we have seven earthly abodes (I, 22, 16), seven mountains (VIII, 96, 2), seven rays or horses of the sun (I, 164, 3), seven hotris (priests, VIII, 60, 16), seven regions (dishah) and seven Âdityas (suns, IX, 114, 3), seven dhîtis or devotions (IX, 8, 4), seven sisters or maryâdâh (X, 5,5-6), and possibly seven and seven gods (X, 55, 3), in the, RigVeda; while in the later Sanskrit literature we have the seven heavens, seven earths, seven mountains, seven oceans and seven netherworlds. This seven-fold division is also found in other Aryan mythologies, as, for instance, in the Avesta, where the earth is said to be divided into seven Karshavares (continents, Yt. X, 16 and 64), and in the Greek mythology, which speaks of the seven layers of heaven over one another. It follows, therefore, that the seven-fold division must be traced back almost to the Indo-European period; .."
"Arctic Home in Vedas", B. G. Tilak
Yes, I know about the Vedas, the Upanishads, the 'Gita, etc. I have read some, and know of the destructive Brahmastra (which Julius Robert Oppenheimer cited from) and the flying Vimanas. The fact that 7 is so prevalent, ought to bring the question, why. Numbers are mathematics. Numbers are order. Numbers signify mind/intelligence.

However, Hi and welcome to the forum. :)
Thanks, appreciated. ((Waves)) :)

Crosstian

Baring the Cross
Yep. I wanted something quick 6 months ago when I joined.
Ah, ok. Lucas's religion is very 'eastern', hindu. He mixes christian elements with such to be sure, but that is very dangerous to do, and yet, there is something that he greatly borrowed, namely "the Great Controversy" or some might call it "the Cosmic Conflict" or even a "Star wars".

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Crosstian ,

I had heard that in Fiji, the indigenous people consider Saturday a day of rest. But I can't find a source for it. Are you familiar with this? Is it true?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The peoples as such, came from the "east" (Genesis 11:2), from the mountains of Ararat (Genesis 8:4), ..
Yeah, the people (or the influence) came from East. Abraham picked up the story during his travels/stays. Yima's Zoroastrian story is not a flood by water but a flood by snow. That is about ice-age. That is the original flood story, and the cause of PIE migration to the refugias of the South. Since the people of Middle-East or India could not understand a flood by snow, so, they turned it into a story of flood by water with which they were familiar.

"The next part of the story tells of a meeting of Ahura Mazda and the Yazatas in Airyanem Vaejah, the first of the "perfect lands". Yima attends with a group of "the best of mortals", where Ahura Mazda warns him of an upcoming catastrophe: "O fair Yima, son of Vivaŋhat! Upon the material world the evil winters are about to fall, that shall bring the fierce, deadly frost; upon the material world the evil winters are about to fall, that shall make snow-flakes fall thick, even an arədvi deep on the highest tops of mountains."
Jamshid - Wikipedia

The Hindu story is not about destruction of living beings. God provided a ship so huge that everything was saved, much bigger than Noah's ark. That is the oldest story in Hindu scriptures and the first incarnation of Lord Vishnu in form of a fish - Matsya avatara.

Matsya.jpg
Matsya1.jpg