1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Talking With God

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Nakosis, Mar 17, 2020.

1. PearlSeeker

PearlSeeker Active Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Religion:
    Christian
    "... during the high-priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came to John son of Zechariah in the wilderness."
    It wasn't the Bible that came to John the Baptist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. firedragon

firedragon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,047
    That's not a good enough answer at all.

Your statement I responded to with a query and your answer doesn't have any kind of correlation. Think about your statement.

Yet, thanks anyway. Cheers.

3. ClimbingTheLadder

ClimbingTheLadder Up and Down again

Ratings:
    +96
    Religion:
    The Wheel of Things
    If you're talking about 'conversation', then I assure you that this belief is something that only Protestants believe - particular Baptist and Evangelical types.
    It's insane, yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. BilliardsBall

BilliardsBall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +730
    Religion:
    Messianic Jewish Christianity
    1) Knowledge impossible to gain by ordinary means

2) Power " "

3) Love " "

4) Forgiveness " "

Etc. plus the revelations align wholly with the Bible.

5. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,111
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe on way is to use the name of Jesus. A demonic spirit won't stick around with that name mentioned exceptfor the ones that figure out you don't have a relationship so you are just faking it.

I believe a way to tell if it is your own mind or not is to observe whether it is something your mind or spirit would have known. That is why prophecy can be key because it can be something you mind or spirit wouldn't know.

6. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,111
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe there is only one truth and there is only one God.

7. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,111
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe on way is to have it proven to be true.I was on a high blood pressure medicine that was expensive and didn't work. During Church I had a word from God to eat bananas which seems bizarre and I don't like bananas very much. A little later I asked the Dr for a medicine that was less expensive and it worked but it had a down side in that it drained potassium from the body and the body needs it. It turns out that bananas are loaded with potassium.

I believe that is a confusing question but I do feel the Bible is the best way to know the difference between good and evil. Jesus said that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy.

8. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Love is patient. Love is kind.

Ratings:
    +8,688
    Everyone has their own elephant

9. Nakosis

Nakosis crystal soldier
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,065
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what the unconscious mind knows. It apparently has a record of everything you've ever seen, felt heard, even while you've slept.

Just because you are consciously are presented with an idea or thought which is not known consciously to you doesn't mean it was unknown to your unconscious mind.

"Jesus" wasn't his name so it's only your belief in a name this savior never heard while he was alive.

10. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist Love is patient. Love is kind.

Ratings:
    +8,688
    How can you tell when God speaks to people so well they can't say no?

Is there characteristics that's not negative and against scripture in a general sense that lets one know that it's not gods love but an evil spirit

To put it bluntly, that's not hearing the word of god. You already had foreknowledge about god so attributing it to a unlikely event would trigger that attribution. When someone hears something from god, it should be universal. When my grandmother pushed me back from getting hit by a car and she's deceased, if that was true/fact, if other people been in that same situation too, they would say it was my grandmother and not a demon, god, or Aunt Jane. However, it was so personal to me (as that banana to you) we attribute these things to what we already know.

So the question remains how does one really know?

If someone had the same experience as you, how would they know it's the god you believed in and not related to their own faith, moral system, or so have you?

Many people believe that. It's not a fact but a belief.