• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talking to opposite sex

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I'm not impressed I think it's very impolite

I didn't expect you to be impressed. As for it being impolite, perhaps, but it really is kind of mild compared to some of things that are posted on this forum from time to time.

Leo613

I didn't expect you to be impressed. As for it being impolite, perhaps, but it really is kind of mild compared to some of things that are posted on this forum from time to time.
At the very least it shows u don't have an answer so u attack which is not very mature

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
What a conundrum this question creates,
when one is born as Adam .... which gender is opposite ???

And Leo, from whence comes the suggestion that there is some restriction
in 'talking' to the other gender ?

rosends

What a conundrum this question creates,
when one is born as Adam .... which gender is opposite ???

And Leo, from whence comes the suggestion that there is some restriction
in 'talking' to the other gender ?
Nedarim 20a ואל תרבה שיחה עם האשה שסופך לבא לידי ניאוף.
Pirkei Avot 1:5 ואל תרבה שיחה עם האישה--באשתו אמרו, קל וחומר באשת חברו; מכאן אמרו חכמים, כל המרבה שיחה עם האישה--גורם רעה לעצמו, ובטיל מדברי תורה, וסופו יירש גיהינם.

just off the top of my head.

Leo613

Nedarim 20a ואל תרבה שיחה עם האשה שסופך לבא לידי ניאוף.
Pirkei Avot 1:5 ואל תרבה שיחה עם האישה--באשתו אמרו, קל וחומר באשת חברו; מכאן אמרו חכמים, כל המרבה שיחה עם האישה--גורם רעה לעצמו, ובטיל מדברי תורה, וסופו יירש גיהינם.

just off the top of my head.
So how much is ok