• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Talking to my father

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Have you ever felt you really don't want to talk to your parent(s) but it's wrong that you don't talk to them?

Ever since my grandmother passed six years ago, I've never got to forgive my father for not telling me she was dying. He insulted me many times and is up in age that in some cases I don't even think he knows it. When I talk to him on the phone, I can't even talk right.

I don't mean to dodge his calls; it's just I want to be genuine in my conversation and I don't want to get upset. He's also sick (liver disease). He's doing well, but then...

Have you guys ever gone through this?

What did you guys do? Concretely?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you ever felt you really don't want to talk to your parent(s) but it's wrong that you don't talk to them?

Ever since my grandmother passed six years ago, I've never got to forgive my father for not telling me she was dying. He insulted me many times and is up in age that in some cases I don't even think he knows it. When I talk to him on the phone, I can't even talk right.

I don't mean to dodge his calls; it's just I want to be genuine in my conversation and I don't want to get upset. He's also sick (liver disease). He's doing well, but then...

I forgave my parents and did the best I could to get along with them. :)

MikeDwight

Well I keep the suspects for dominant homosexual relations with my father in the basement, especially since I don't care about my father, or danny DeVito, the hulk, and Chris Park. He's been seen sort of in professional guarded roles in different locations.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It took me a very long time to realize that you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends.

All families are not equal. Some are loving and some are not.

greatdane

If you diminish the importance of your dead grandmother to the point of insignificance it might serve as a way of improving your relationship with your father.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How did it turn out? Did you talk with him?

Funny, he called the next day. He said why was I hiding underneath a rock. Even with my friend, if I'm heavily insulted for a long period of time, I can't cope.

I think he's going into alzheimers, if that's the right word. It's hard to resolve the issue because he forgets.

Thank you for asking