• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban

firedragon

Veteran Member
Aren't these no more than excuses not to try? Sometimes adversity will define the parameters of which one could never choose to do.

It doesn't matter what everyone else does. It's what you choose to do that counts.

In time, every soul will Discover for themselves that the price for hate will always be too high. Hate, payback and revenge only continue the misery for all. Have not you Discovered the petty things that mankind holds so dear never brings good results?

Years ago I read a book on the history of ancient wars and the changes after. It turns out that those who were conquered created much more change than the conquerors. Influencing from the position of weakness can create much more change because those with power do not see the weak as a threat and tend to listen much more. Don't you see? A Big Stick isn't the answer. Instead of hate and revenge, bring a carrot.

God created this world so that Brains will win in the end. This is the tool which will overcome all adversities.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

I dont understand if someone proposed to carry hate.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We do try to live in peace with other nations we disagree with.
The West cannot be the moral watchdog for the world and enforce things with war.
We have a lot of our own moral issues to deal with really in Australia and no doubt the story is the same everywhere.

Agreed it can not just be the West as we are One Planet of One People. Firstly I see America is doing what the world should have been doing, that is the only thing that really has to change, that justice is implemented by the whole, not by one Nation, that apart from justice, had other agendas as a motive.

The world as a whole has set Laws and standards through the United Nations, to which nearly all Nations are a signatory to. This becomes the standards to which all Nations are to become accountable to.

if the unlawful takeover of a country, or an uprising within that country, or abuse of human rights occurs that transgress those Laws and standards, they are then held accountable by those Laws and standards, and urgent action is required.

The treatment of women, the right to practice one's own faith, etc is written in that Universal Law, the Taliban tackover was an uprising and not the will of the people, with the added issue of if America was lawful and sanctioned through the UN, with its original invasion of Afghanistan.

That is also why I started an OP on a World Government, there is now no other option to settle world affairs and the rights of all peoples. We can not go it alone as Nations.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

I am no migration expert Daniel. But I know that Indians are generally poor, while they have some of the riches men in the world as well. More than all of that it was a British colony, which naturally always means they have a culture of migration. Pakistan was born out of India along with the departure of the British. Even Bangladesh. All three of these countries have a migration culture. 18 million Indians are legally migrated to other countries right at this moment. Comparing populations, China has a bigger population but are almost half of that in terms of migration. So it is not just the size of the population that correlates or causes. Also you should note that there are about 4 million Indians working and living in the Emirates. And that's only the emirates. If you take the whole world, its uncounted. Also Indian illegal immigrants are not counted but maybe the biggest. More than Russians, Chinese etc. China is a dictatorship, India is a democracy. Why are more Indians outside their country in comparison?

There are people who run away to another country and claim asylum due to a problem in their country. They would claim that they were part of a resistance group, and were part of an assassination or something of the sort and that they ran away looking for protection from vengeance. This is very very common. There are cases where these same people who claimed they were part of a resistance group had gone to a country like Malaysia and settled down, after some number of years this resistance group is branded "terrorists", then since this guy who migrated has claimed he was a part of this group, he gets arrested at some point simply because his excuse was he was part of this group to run away. Of course there are those like Ergan Caner and Shabad Walid if I got the name right who supposedly were part of direct terrorist groups who ran to America or England but no one even questions them. ;)

ITs not that simple.
Right, but at least India does not claim that they are following a divine Law, as some Muslim countries do, such as Afghanistan.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sun Rise. I gave you many Sufi's, all of them waging war in the same fight. Rumi was not important. Dont focus on what Sufism is, and every one knows this.

Peace.

We have different focuses here so I think the conversation has reached a natural conclusion.

Upon you, peace.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The West cannot be the moral watchdog for the world and enforce things with war.
We have a lot of our own moral issues to deal with really in Australia and no doubt the story is the same everywhere.

Interestingly the morals and virtues I try to love by are born from the East.

Thus Materialism is what was fostered in the West and we need to balance that with the Spirit from the East.

Regards Tony

Brian2

Veteran Member
Bombing doesn't seem to work so perhaps, ultimately, education is the key. It will be a very long road though.

It will be a very long road if the Taliban are in charge of educating people.
I don't thing the Taliban will want a democracy (except maybe a sham democracy) when they now have what they wanted,,,,,,,,,,well no doubt less than what they wanted but it is a step for them and it took years of effort.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Agreed it can not just be the West as we are One Planet of One People. Firstly I see America is doing what the world should have been doing, that is the only thing that really has to change, that justice is implemented by the whole, not by one Nation, that apart from justice, had other agendas as a motive.

The world as a whole has set Laws and standards through the United Nations, to which nearly all Nations are a signatory to. This becomes the standards to which all Nations are to become accountable to.

if the unlawful takeover of a country, or an uprising within that country, or abuse of human rights occurs that transgress those Laws and standards, they are then held accountable by those Laws and standards, and urgent action is required.

The treatment of women, the right to practice one's own faith, etc is written in that Universal Law, the Taliban tackover was an uprising and not the will of the people, with the added issue of if America was lawful and sanctioned through the UN, with its original invasion of Afghanistan.

That is also why I started an OP on a World Government, there is now no other option to settle world affairs and the rights of all peoples. We can not go it alone as Nations.

Regards Tony

There are too many against a one world government to make it viable now and it could be open to corruption as much as any Government. Then the whole world goes to **** instead of just one nation at a time.
It is interesting that the UN is considered to be a paper tiger by many however. Maybe it has something to do with how it is set up and who gets veto votes. It does not seem to be a majority rule thing (majority as in majority of people) even if a one country one vote exists apart from those vetos.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Interestingly the morals and virtues I try to love by are born from the East.

Thus Materialism is what was fostered in the West and we need to balance that with the Spirit from the East.

Regards Tony

I don't suppose it matters where the good morals come from but rampant capitalism has shown itself to be rather destructive and can corrupt those who are touched by it and is a devourer of the world. And money talks and has power unfortunately and that power is usually out for more money instead of the good of all.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I don't thing the Taliban will want a democracy (except maybe a sham democracy) when they now have what they wanted,,,,,,,,,,well no doubt less than what they wanted but it is a step for them and it took years of effort.
Totally agree. The road will be past their demise; assuming it happens.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are too many against a one world government to make it viable now and it could be open to corruption as much as any Government. Then the whole world goes to **** instead of just one nation at a time.
It is interesting that the UN is considered to be a paper tiger by many however. Maybe it has something to do with how it is set up and who gets veto votes. It does not seem to be a majority rule thing (majority as in majority of people) even if a one country one vote exists apart from those vetos.

Yes it has not been given the authority it needs by the Nations and veto votes are useless and render the UN toothless.

There must be 100's, maybe 1000's of UN resolutions that are basically ignored by the recipients, they carry out the opression or unlawful actions and hide them with deception and the oppressed and the poor get no representation nor reprieve.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't suppose it matters where the good morals come from but rampant capitalism has shown itself to be rather destructive and can corrupt those who are touched by it and is a devourer of the world. And money talks and has power unfortunately and that power is usually out for more money instead of the good of all.

It can be seen the beast from a bottomless pit is man turning away from all that is of God to partake of their animal instincts.

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member

Taliban may not like democracy. And being who they are, given the path they have taken, maybe them being in charge of educating people is kind of nonsensical AT THE MOMENT.

But just saying "Sham" is because you have a particular idea you learned from media, nothing more, nothing less. There are many Afghans who think the democracy they had so far has been such a shame its a shameful sham. So if the Afghans do agree to a sham, it will just be moving from one sham to another.

Yet, I think if someone gave me two options, one being a sham democracy, and the other being what ever it is at the cost of my personal freedom, I will choose the sham democracy.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes it has not been given the authority it needs by the Nations and veto votes are useless and render the UN toothless.

There must be 100's, maybe 1000's of UN resolutions that are basically ignored by the recipients, they carry out the opression or unlawful actions and hide them with deception and the oppressed and the poor get no representation nor reprieve.

Regards Tony
Not to mention the fact that the UN is so busy sanctioning Israel, that it devotes very little time to sanctioning anyone else, no matter how bad they are.

IndigoChild5559

For example which country? The U.S?
When is the last tine the UN sanctioned a country in the middle east, such as Saudi Arabia, for its treatment of women? It's a double standard -- they don't think that countries that are backward and ignorant should be held to the same standards.

firedragon

Veteran Member
When is the last tine the UN sanctioned a country in the middle east, such as Saudi Arabia, for its treatment of women? It's a double standard -- they don't think that countries that are backward and ignorant should be held to the same standards.

Lol. The UN is afraid of the KSA, because they are afraid of the U.S. So you should if you are on this path focus on the root causes of thuggery. The U.S coalition killed hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq. So the U.N must then impose sanctions on the murderers. Rather they protect the murderers and all of their allies. KSA being one.

So you should take a deeper dig if you are serious about what you say.

IndigoChild5559

Lol. The UN is afraid of the KSA, because they are afraid of the U.S. So you should if you are on this path focus on the root causes of thuggery. The U.S coalition killed hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq. So the U.N must then impose sanctions on the murderers. Rather they protect the murderers and all of their allies. KSA being one.

So you should take a deeper dig if you are serious about what you say.
That makes no sense. If the UN were afraid of the USA, they wouldn't be sanctioning Israel.