• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban scraps Women's Affairs Ministry....

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The Taliban government in Afghanistan replaced the Women's Affairs Ministry with the Ministry of Vice and Virtue.

Frankly, given what they seem to think of women in general, I'm surprised that they didn't just move it under the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm sure it's no surprise.

But people clearly want the Taliban in power.

Otherwise there would be a concentrated effort to remove them.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Perhaps the Canadian army can go nation build there and make the country a flourishing democracy?

We tried it. Good luck.

74x12

I'm sure it's no surprise.

But people clearly want the Taliban in power.

Otherwise there would be a concentrated effort to remove them.
No, USA has blood on it's hands now as the song says because the Taliban flag flies over Afghanistan. We betrayed Afghanistan. We betrayed a lot of allies. For this America will suffer and pay a price. He even left the service dogs. He made Americans pay for the passage back from Afghanistan even though the whole mess is his fault in the first place. It doesn't get any more insane than this.

Many Americans, Brits and others are appalled.

Democrat controlled mainstream news just wants people to forget about it all and move on to other stuff like vaccine mandates or whatever other divisive thing Biden can cook up; but we're not going to forget what he did to Afghanistan.

The military industrial complex has a new war cooking up with China so they don't need Afghanistan anymore to justify their existence and their expenses. They left all that equipment for the Taliban because that way they can sell new equipment to the US military. Disgusting. They always have to have a war don't they? So they just leave all that hard work and sacrifice of American soldiers who actually cared about Afghanistan and died there to defeat the Taliban. They just threw it away because now they can go have a cold war with China and make a lot of money off weapon contracts for that!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Do they not know that the 'T' is often translated as a 'W' in many areas, so that we talk about them as the Waliban rather than the Taliban. :oops:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, USA has blood on it's hands now as the song says because the Taliban flag flies over Afghanistan. We betrayed Afghanistan. We betrayed a lot of allies. For this America will suffer and pay a price. He even left the service dogs. He made Americans pay for the passage back from Afghanistan even though the whole mess is his fault in the first place. It doesn't get any more insane than this.

Many Americans, Brits and others are appalled.

Democrat controlled mainstream news just wants people to forget about it all and move on to other stuff like vaccine mandates or whatever other divisive thing Biden can cook up; but we're not going to forget what he did to Afghanistan.

The military industrial complex has a new war cooking up with China so they don't need Afghanistan anymore to justify their existence and their expenses. They left all that equipment for the Taliban because that way they can sell new equipment to the US military. Disgusting. They always have to have a war don't they? So they just leave all that hard work and sacrifice of American soldiers who actually cared about Afghanistan and died there to defeat the Taliban. They just threw it away because now they can go have a cold war with China and make a lot of money off weapon contracts for that!
Conspiracy theories....oh, brother.
If the war with China is just something made up by the MIC
(Military Industrial Complex), then wasn't the Afghan war
just the same thing? So it wasn't wrong to leave it, eh.

74x12

Conspiracy theories....oh, brother.
If the war with China is just something made up by the MIC
(Military Industrial Complex), then wasn't the Afghan war
just the same thing? So it wasn't wrong to leave it, eh.
I didn't say it was a made up war. I'm sure China is a real threat. I see China like Hitler's Germany was when it was poised to take Poland. China is not kidding around when they talk about taking Taiwan and that's not even the end of their ambitions. We know that once these nationalistic, totalitarian regimes get started on the road to conquest they don't want to stop.

But, all I'm saying is that the military industrial complex doesn't need Afghanistan anymore. You see what I mean? So they just toss it aside don't they? They never really cared for the Afghanis and that has become apparent.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But, all I'm saying is that the military industrial complex doesn't need Afghanistan anymore. You see what I mean? So they just toss it aside don't they? They never really cared for the Afghanis and that has become apparent.
It's still a conspiracy theory.
We got into that war because Dems & Pubs in the
White House & Congress wanted to. We stayed in it
cuz Bush & Obama were re-elected while waging it.
Generals, Admirals, & military contractors weren't
the ones who authorized or funded it.

74x12

It's still a conspiracy theory.
We got into that war because Dems & Pubs in the
White House & Congress wanted to. We stayed in it
cuz Bush & Obama were re-elected while waging it.
Generals, Admirals, & military contractors weren't
the ones who authorized or funded it.
So now we just throw it all away for apparently no reason? I suppose you think Biden is just incompetent? Yeah right. If they ever really cared they wouldn't allow this disgrace.

Do these Taliban look like dirty troglodytes to you? They were clean and their clothing is clean. They weren't living mountain caves. That phase of the war ended a long time ago. American forces rooted out all the cave dwellers. What a fraud.

The government knew where the Taliban were the whole time. Hint, it's the same place they finally "found" Osama in; a suburb of Islamabad the capital of Pakistan. They were in Pakistan. We could have pressured the Pakistan government to actually do something. We basically fund their military and they would have to do whatever we wanted. Pakistan is a dirt poor country with powerful enemies and they need us more than we need them. The Pakistani government or at least factions of it are the real power behind the Taliban and that is obvious to people who pay attention. They basically waged a proxy war with American forces in Afghanistan while accepting funding from American taxpayers.

But we can never accomplish anything thanks to the people in charge of our government. Instead we let the Taliban live peacefully in Pakistan and make incursions into Afghanistan whenever they felt like it. What a fraud the whole war was just like Vietnam. In Vietnam we could have invaded the north and put a stop to the whole thing. But our ever so trusty government seems to allow safe haven for their enemies and drag out pointless, lost cause, defensive only wars. In fact it seems to be policy ever since the endless war in Korea was kicked off. Instead of finishing the job in Korea they just stop at the 38th parallel and declare ceasefire; but the war itself is not officially ended. This justifies military build up in Korea by both sides. It's truly evil how half of Korea suffers under a totalitarian regime because America can't actually finish a job for once.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So now we just throw it all away for apparently no reason?
There was a very good reason....
2 trillion dollars over 2 decades.
Nothing achieved.
I suppose you think Biden is just incompetent?
Whatever personal opinion I have of Biden,
I agree with his decision to end the war post-haste.
Yeah right. If they ever really cared they wouldn't allow this disgrace.
To end a spendy deadly useless war is a "disgrace"?
No, to continue it would be that plus "travesty", "waste", & "lunacy".
Do these Taliban look like dirty troglodytes to you? They were clean and their clothing is clean. They weren't living mountain caves. That phase of the war ended a long time ago. American forces rooted out all the cave dwellers. What a fraud.

The government knew where the Taliban were the whole time. Hint, it's the same place they finally "found" Osama in; a suburb of Islamabad the capital of Pakistan. They were in Pakistan. We could have pressured the Pakistan government to actually do something. We basically fund their military and they would have to do whatever we wanted. Pakistan is a dirt poor country with powerful enemies and they need us more than we need them. The Pakistani government or at least factions of it are the real power behind the Taliban and that is obvious to people who pay attention. They basically waged a proxy war with American forces in Afghanistan while accepting funding from American taxpayers.

But we can never accomplish anything thanks to the people in charge of our government. Instead we let the Taliban live peacefully in Pakistan and make incursions into Afghanistan whenever they felt like it. What a fraud the whole war was just like Vietnam. In Vietnam we could have invaded the north and put a stop to the whole thing. But our ever so trusty government seems to allow safe haven for their enemies and drag out pointless, lost cause, defensive only wars. In fact it seems to be policy ever since the endless war in Korea was kicked off. Instead of finishing the job in Korea they just stop at the 38th parallel and declare ceasefire; but the war itself is not officially ended. This justifies military build up in Korea by both sides. It's truly evil how half of Korea suffers under a totalitarian regime because America can't actually finish a job for once.
For whatever reasons, we were unsuccessful in fixing
Afghanistan. Continuing the war wouldn't change things.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
There was a very good reason....
2 trillion dollars over 2 decades.
Nothing achieved.

Whatever personal opinion I have of Biden,
I agree with his decision to end the war post-haste.

To end a spendy deadly useless war is a "disgrace"?
No, to continue it would be that plus "travesty", "waste", & "lunacy".

For whatever reasons, we were unsuccessful in fixing
Afghanistan. Continuing the war wouldn't change things.
You guys have one of the largest military department in the world. You’re supposed to be a world superpower. It is interesting that we still accomplished nothing in two decades. I agree with ending the war. Don’t get me wrong. But I will admit that it wasn’t the best look. We basically just abandoned the people to their fate. Regardless of politics, I think this will come back to bite the west, the US in particular. Maybe not right away but it’s gonna haunt us.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You guys have one of the largest military department in the world. You’re supposed to be a world superpower. It is interesting that we still accomplished nothing in two decades. I agree with ending the war. Don’t get me wrong. But I will admit that it wasn’t the best look. We basically just abandoned the people to their fate. Regardless of politics, I think this will come back to bite the west, the US in particular. Maybe not right away but it’s gonna haunt us.
Having a large powerful military doesn't mean that we'll
use it in a manner that would win such a war...one that
would mean much more destruction & civilian deaths
than the halfway measure we tried. Perhaps even
extending into Pakistan & environs.
I don't want to win one that way when the war isn't about
our survival. Existential threats are another matter.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Having a large powerful military doesn't mean that we'll
use it in a manner that would win such a war...one that
would mean much more destruction & civilian deaths
than the halfway measure we tried. Perhaps even
extending into Pakistan & environs.
I don't want to win one that way when the war isn't about
our survival. Existential threats are another matter.
Fair enough. But didn’t you guys go blazing in because you thought you were under threat (9/11)?
We answered your call to arms because we're allies. We gave our blood for your cause too.
To just abandon it the way they did. Not a good look.
Again not saying I am in favour of the war continuing. Just that I don’t think this is going to be the last we hear of it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fair enough. But didn’t you guys go blazing in because you thought you were under threat (9/11)?
That was a common claim. I believe it was sincere.
But the mood was vengeance at any cost.
Consider.....
If terrorism were the real threat, it would come from
more than Afghanistan....many countries. Rather than
attacking every country posing such a threat, I say that
money would be better spent making Ameristan more
resistant to it....
- Hardening cockpit doors on airliners, with orders to
never relinquish control under any threat.
- Greater diversity & decentralization of critical
infrastructure, eg, electrical power, fossil fuel refining.
We answered your call to arms because we're allies. We gave our blood for your cause too.
Ameristan wasn't the only country with leaders
who failed to learn from from Vietnam & the
Russian war in Afghanistan.
To just abandon it the way they did. Not a good look.
Substance is more important than appearance.
Again not saying I am in favour of the war continuing. Just that I don’t think this is going to be the last we hear of it.
One thing that history teaches us
is that history teaches us nothing.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
That was a common claim. I believe it was sincere.
But the mood was vengeance at any cost.
Consider.....
If terrorism were the real threat, it would come from
more than Afghanistan....many countries. Rather than
attacking every country posing such a threat, I say that
money would be better spent making Ameristan more
resistant to it....
- Hardening cockpit doors on airliners, with orders to
never relinquish control under any threat.
- Greater diversity & decentralization of critical
infrastructure, eg, electrical power, fossil fuel refining.

Admittedly I’m not really old enough to truly remember what it was like pre 9/11.

Ameristan wasn't the only country with leaders
who failed to learn from from Vietnam & the
Russian war in Afghanistan.

True

Substance is more important than appearance.

I agree. But I still think the pull out was poorly planned.

One thing that history teaches us
is that history teaches us nothing.
Those who refuse to learn are doomed to repeat their failures.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree. But I still think the pull out was poorly planned.
Often one doesn't know that a plan is poor until
it's executed, & unanticipated problems arise.
No one expected the Afghan government & military
to fall so quickly. (This is something I looked into.)
Would any other President with the same info have
planned better? I doubt that...especially with Trump.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Often one doesn't know that a plan is poor until
it's executed, & unanticipated problems arise.
No one expected the Afghan government & military
to fall so quickly. (This is something I looked into.)
Would any other President with the same info have
planned better? I doubt that...especially with Trump.
Well I can’t argue with you there

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It's almost as if soldiers, bombs and flying killer robots didn't actually make an occupied population more free and equal, nor help them develop a stable foundation for egalitarian participatory government.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Honest question, whom among Biden's current critics has actually cared about the people of Afghanistan during nearly 20 years of US occupation?

74x12

Honest question, whom among Biden's current critics has actually cared about the people of Afghanistan during nearly 20 years of US occupation?
Many have cared about Afghanis like Lara Logan for example.

But at least they cared about Americans. Biden just left Americans there to fend for themselves. And keep in mind it was his mess. He made the whole mess and then wouldn't even get Americans stuck there out. He went so far as to shut down private operations from Americans trying to rescue people in Afghanistan. Shut down Glen Beck for example and others. Probably because that would make him look bad. Well now he looks even worse. The guy is so incompetent that he can't even be evil without messing that up too.