• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking the Arahant/Arhat Vow

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
After a lot of thinking and a lot of meditation i have come to the point in my buddhist path that i have come to the conclution that, what is left for me is to take the Arahant/arhat vow, And no i do not need to become a monk to fulfill the requirment for this vow.
I want to share with with the this forum because many here has meant and still mean a lot to me. And even i might not be online as much as before and not post as much as i have done, but i will keep in contact with this forum :)

Taking an Arahant vow means that all my attention will be toward the goal in Buddhism and as you maybe already know this goal is Enlightenment. So i do not take light on this decision.

Why do i share this info with you? Because with telling it in public means i can not back down or become lazy. it means i have witnesses who will know.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Gate, Gate, Paragate, Para Sam gate Bodhisvaha.
Bodhi Svaha

Gone, Gone, Gone beyond Gone utterly beyond
Oh what an Awakening

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
After a lot of thinking and a lot of meditation i have come to the point in my buddhist path that i have come to the conclution that, what is left for me is to take the Arahant/arhat vow, And no i do not need to become a monk to fulfill the requirment for this vow.
I want to share with with the this forum because many here has meant and still mean a lot to me. And even i might not be online as much as before and not post as much as i have done, but i will keep in contact with this forum :)

Taking an Arahant vow means that all my attention will be toward the goal in Buddhism and as you maybe already know this goal is Enlightenment. So i do not take light on this decision.

Why do i share this info with you? Because with telling it in public means i can not back down or become lazy. it means i have witnesses who will know.

May you find the bliss & serenity you seek; if not in this life then in the next.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I wish you well on your journeys. :leafwind: