• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking pictures of children in public is illegal

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
In my life ive seen the cops stand back and let someone get the **** beat out of them that deserved it.
Of course, the beater got arrested after but only spent an overnight.
The guy the who deserved the beating was too scared he'd get more from everyone else to press charges.

Yep. Exactly.
There is a pragmatic, real-world element to this whole debate which needs to be considered.

However, if arguing strictly in terms of laws, there's no (or very little) doubt what is legal versus illegal.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This is blatantly and demonstrably false.
Some moral beliefs informed law creation. Certainly not the other way around.

Nay.
Humans do seem to have a conscious.
We are sensitive enough to know our feelings....and maybe.....feel for others.
This could be the source of movement toward making law.
Tribal law and such.....
but that discussion would be a digression here.

The law we speak of at hand is legal.
Stand before the judge....get a lawyer.....etc.

Not all say the law came from a Higher Power.
And ask a judge if he cares!.....he won't.

He will ask who threw the first punch.
He might ask if you thought you were at risk.

Better be sure.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Nay.
Humans do seem to have a conscious.
We are sensitive enough to know our feelings....and maybe.....feel for others.
This could be the source of movement toward making law.
Tribal law and such.....
but that discussion would be a digression here.

The law we speak of at hand is legal.
Stand before the judge....get a lawyer.....etc.

Not all say the law came from a Higher Power.
And ask a judge if he cares!.....he won't.

He will ask who threw the first punch.
He might ask if you thought you were at risk.

Better be sure.

I already stated that legally I'd be in the wrong. You're the one conflating morals and legality.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I already stated that legally I'd be in the wrong. You're the one conflating morals and legality.

I do prefer a personal action.( I think I suggested as much).

Maybe I'm just not all that uptight about public invasion.

You do realize?....when you leave your front door.....you are at risk.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
A few years ago me, my sister and young niece visited a local amusement park, and as I took pictures of the kid on the rides, I noticed the woman ride operator keep glancing at me in a funny way, and at one point I almost went over and asked "why do you keep looking at me?", but I let it go.
Only much later did I realise she might have thought I was a peedo taking pictures of kids, so I suppose she was doing a good job keeping her eye on men with cameras..

PS- real peedos wouldn't be obvious anyway, they'd probably lurk some distance away with a telephoto lens..

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
A few years ago me, my sister and young niece visited a local amusement park, and as I took pictures of the kid on the rides, I noticed the woman ride operator keep glancing at me in a funny way, and at one point I almost went over and asked "why do you keep looking at me?", but I let it go.
Only much later did I realise she might have thought I was a peedo taking pictures of kids, so I suppose she was doing a good job keeping her eye on men with cameras..

PS- real peedos wouldn't be obvious anyway, they'd probably lurk some distance away with a telephoto lens..

Snap! Some years ago Mrs B and I walked along the sea wall with big telephoto cameras, hoping to get pictures of sand-martins nesting in the cliffs. We came to a kiddies' play area and public toilet, and Mrs B went inside for a 'rest' (this is a US forum :) ). The next thing I knew I was being stalked by a couple of terrifying looking women. I decided to do say nothing unless they did. They got closer! .... and closer! :eek: And then Mrs B came out and stood with me. :bow: As we walked on and away, I looked back, and one was still holding me in her sights....... :D I tell you what..... I wouldn't mind my grand-kids playing on that beach, in that play-area. :)

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
...public toilet, and Mrs B went inside for a 'rest' (this is a US forum :) ). The next thing I knew I was being stalked by a couple of terrifying looking women..

Haha, at least you never went inside a womans toilet like I once did..:)
I was wandering around Cheltenham town centre while waiting for a coach connection and popped in a public toilet, I didn't know if it was for men or women because the glass sign above the entrance was smashed, but I was busting and couldn't hang around.
I went in a cubicle, locked the door and sat down, but began to get a bad feeling when I heard womens voices coming in and out, and the penny dropped!
So I waited til it'd gone quiet and slunk out. A woman just outside the block looked at me shocked, so I put on a sheepish grin and told her the smashed sign was to blame, and carried on walking to the coach station with a bright red sweaty face, boarded the coach and got out of town..:)

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Maybe this is relevant...

I'm a really out gay guy in some town Jesustan. My siblings children aside, I am very careful around underage people. I never allow circumstances where I am alone with them. Not because I am a danger to them, but because they are a danger to me. All one of them has to do to screw me over royally is make some vague accusation of inappropriate behavior or say something that could be interpreted as such. It won't matter what the truth is. I will be guilty until proven innocent and then some. It might be a mistake and it might be a deliberate attack. It won't matter.
And there are kids who know they have this power. There are people who would quiz a kid looking for evidence that queers are a danger to the children. If it became public my name and photo would be on the front page under a headline including the term "alleged childmolester". When it got thrown out of court there would be one vague sentence buried in the court news.
There is just nothing important enough to do with kids worth the risk to me.

This is the reason I have trouble sympathizing with people who behave suspiciously around kids. At the least, it shows poor judgement.

Tom

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I never allow circumstances where I am alone with them. Not because I am a danger to them, but because they are a danger to me. All one of them has to do to screw me over royally is make some vague accusation of inappropriate behavior or say something that could be interpreted as such.

Tom

Same thing for teachers ... leave doors open, don't give individual kids rides, etc. When I coached, parents and teachers often drove to games. We'd be coming back from another town, and I always dropped off the one (and parents) I trusted the most last.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
There was a news story here in Plymouth in 2010 about a local church's bosses who let a peedo join the church even though they knew he'd been jailed in the past for child sex offences.
However, they never warned the congregation about him, and within 5 minutes--yes you guessed it-- he was abusing church members kids, you couldn't make it up!

Article excerpt- "A convicted paedophile joined a Plymouth church and befriended families to sexually abuse little girls, a court heard.
Kevin Davis [47] was jailed again yesterday [3 years] at Plymouth Crown Court..
Davis joined Engage Southwest in St Levan's Road, formerly Carmel Church, where the senior minister was briefed about his past.
The church appointed eight senior members to supervise him, but these did not include the parents of the two girls he subsequently targeted.

Full article- A CONVICTED paedophile joined a Plymouth church and befriended families to sexually abuse little girls, a court heard. | Western Morning News

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Haha, at least you never went inside a womans toilet like I once did..:)
I was wandering around Cheltenham town centre while waiting for a coach connection and popped in a public toilet, I didn't know if it was for men or women because the glass sign above the entrance was smashed, but I was busting and couldn't hang around.
I went in a cubicle, locked the door and sat down, but began to get a bad feeling when I heard womens voices coming in and out, and the penny dropped!
So I waited til it'd gone quiet and slunk out. A woman just outside the block looked at me shocked, so I put on a sheepish grin and told her the smashed sign was to blame, and carried on walking to the coach station with a bright red sweaty face, boarded the coach and got out of town..:)

We ought to start a thread about really embarrassing situations. It would be a winner! :D

dust1n

Zindīq
Pedophilia is one of those things in which need to be treated in a responsible society, through therapy and possible medication and so forth.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
We ought to start a thread about really embarrassing situations. It would be a winner! :D

Yes, I must be jinxed concerning toilets.
For example I was once sleeping on the couch while staying overnight with a ladyfriend and her teenage son, and had to creep upstairs for a poo at 4 a.m., but nothing would come out except a series of farts on different octaves like the mothership blasts of sound in Close Encounters, that always happens when you're tryin to sh** quietly so's not to wake anybody.
So I crept back downstairs and let myself out into the back yard to do it in her dustbin, it was a 4 foot tall bin, so I had to climb halfway up her fence to hang my a** over it to get the job done.
She must have been spying on me from her bedroom window and seen me in action, because she cooled off towards me after that and we eventually split.
Huh, women!..

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

I'm a really out gay guy in some town Jesustan. My siblings children aside, I am very careful around underage people. I never allow circumstances where I am alone with them. Not because I am a danger to them, but because they are a danger to me. All one of them has to do to screw me over royally is make some vague accusation of inappropriate behavior or say something that could be interpreted as such. It won't matter what the truth is. I will be guilty until proven innocent and then some. It might be a mistake and it might be a deliberate attack. It won't matter.
And there are kids who know they have this power. There are people who would quiz a kid looking for evidence that queers are a danger to the children. If it became public my name and photo would be on the front page under a headline including the term "alleged childmolester". When it got thrown out of court there would be one vague sentence buried in the court news.
There is just nothing important enough to do with kids worth the risk to me.

This is the reason I have trouble sympathizing with people who behave suspiciously around kids. At the least, it shows poor judgement.

Tom

Absolutely!
It's not just Gays, Tom..... it's all adults, especially adult males.
I used to teach and train store detectives all over Britain. These SDs would always arrange that staff would deter minors who were stealing, usually by offering them a basket, or just offering sales assistance. But where a manager wanted a particular brat caught, or if we ever saw kids bullying others in store and then stealing, we would arrest them outside. These same kids would scream in attempts to receive self-righteous assistance, so what I would do with a threatening aggressive stranger (as I held a screaming struggling brat) was explain that the minor was detained for theft and ask the stranger to come back to the store to stand-in for the child until the cops could arrive. No self-righteous adult ever ever ever came back to the store to be with that child, not in forty years of detaining kids. :D And we always had a female staff member watching everything that we did, but standing well away from us for their own health and safety. No female staff member? No Arrest!