• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking A Hiatus

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Decided to take some time off from RF. No one engages me as a deist, and I have no desire to log in to 15 different threads b*tching about President Trump every day.

Those that I chat with, you know where to find me.

siti

Neo - I would love to "engage you as a deist" but most of your deism related posts are "fenced off" in the DIR section. I have read a few and have some observations which I would, sometime, be very happy to explore with you - but there isn't much point if we are only allowed to admire and/or agree with an essay that you have written. I don't have any problem with that - I mean that's more or less what the DIRs are for as far as I can see - to present/share information rather than debate and that's absolutely fine - but its probably not the best place to look for 'engagement'

One question I would like to ask, if you don't mind, is why you chose your user name. "Neodeism" is, as far as I can make out from discussions elsewhere with people professing to be neodeists, a fairly straightforward rehash of 'classical' deism (by which I mean 18th century English/American deism but 'neodeists' seem to mean deists who don't see why we should call it 'neodeism' since it is really just plain old deism after all once you get down to the nitty gritty). So are you a 'Neodeist' in that sense - and if so, what would you say is different about 'neodeism' compared to just 'deism'?

PS - I am also a bit fed up with the Trumpton Times character of, well, everywhere in the media and the cybersphere at present - but I doubt you'll escape it by avoiding RF - it'll get you wherever you go - "the writings on the wall" - see, you can't even quote a Bible verse without Trump coming into it these days :rolleyes:

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Neo - I would love to "engage you as a deist" but most of your deism related posts are "fenced off" in the DIR section. I have read a few and have some observations which I would, sometime, be very happy to explore with you - but there isn't much point if we are only allowed to admire and/or agree with an essay that you have written. I don't have any problem with that - I mean that's more or less what the DIRs are for as far as I can see - to present/share information rather than debate and that's absolutely fine - but its probably not the best place to look for 'engagement'

One question I would like to ask, if you don't mind, is why you chose your user name. "Neodeism" is, as far as I can make out from discussions elsewhere with people professing to be neodeists, a fairly straightforward rehash of 'classical' deism (by which I mean 18th century English/American deism but 'neodeists' seem to mean deists who don't see why we should call it 'neodeism' since it is really just plain old deism after all once you get down to the nitty gritty). So are you a 'Neodeist' in that sense - and if so, what would you say is different about 'neodeism' compared to just 'deism'?

PS - I am also a bit fed up with the Trumpton Times character of, well, everywhere in the media and the cybersphere at present - but I doubt you'll escape it by avoiding RF - it'll get you wherever you go - "the writings on the wall" - see, you can't even quote a Bible verse without Trump coming into it these days :rolleyes:

Deist was taken.

You can always read my "essays" in the DIR and then start a post in a debate section. Not that it will matter much now.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Decided to take some time off from RF. No one engages me as a deist, and I have no desire to log in to 15 different threads b*tching about President Trump every day.

Don't feel bad. No one engages with me as a pagan. If someone asks what I actually believe (or actually reads my full posts) and takes interest, then it would be worth while chatting. But I understand about the politics stuff. Want to take a break myself since classes are getting more intense.

Anyway, hope you stop by sometime. I have no clue where to find you. o_O

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Deist was taken.

You can always read my "essays" in the DIR and then start a post in a debate section. Not that it will matter much now.

I don't think we can without your permission. I was "told" that you can't bring someone into a debate from another thread without their permission. Read the rules a hundred times the first couple of years I was here. But the staff can feel free to correct me.

As for talking about deism in a debate forum, I think maybe comparative religion would be better for a good discussion. That, and I am curious as well... do you use neodeist in general or do you say deist but put neodeist because deist was taken on RF?

Laika

Premium Member

Not the worst idea in the world. I hope to see you back soon though. :)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Have fun while you are gone. :cool:

I just got back from my RF break. I took a couple of months off.

There was so much stupid, - that I found I was getting mean. :rolleyes:

I figured Fall, as the last of the camping season, and the start of hunting season, would be a great time to recharge my batteries. :) Then I took a trip south, and visited relatives and friends on another Island, for Yule. Had a great time.

allfoak

Alchemist
@Neo Deist,
I am sorry that you are disappointed with your experience here.
I understand the difficulties that come with posting on a message board.
We all have to sort these probelms out for ourselves I'm afraid.
Thank you for the time that you have been here.
It has been a challenge for me but that is what life is about.
Come back soon and I promise to make a better effort to engage you in the subject matter that you enjoy most.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

Bummer.

Whenever I've had a chance to engage with you, it's been super fun.

Till next time.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Deist was taken.

I don't think we can without your permission. I was "told" that you can't bring someone into a debate from another thread without their permission. Read the rules a hundred times the first couple of years I was here. But the staff can feel free to correct me.

As for talking about deism in a debate forum, I think maybe comparative religion would be better for a good discussion. That, and I am curious as well... do you use neodeist in general or do you say deist but put neodeist because deist was taken on RF?
Carlita is correct .

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Also good luck see you latter. I don't think I've interacted acted with you out side of a political post but I've often followed your threads