• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking a break

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I feel that overall, my life is improving. And I feel that about 50% of social situations, I do particularly well in. But some groups and settings, a number of them, I just don't feel I really excel in, to the point I think:

the-problem-is-me-christy.gif

RF has always been a little challenging for me. Some challenges weren't really a bad thing - in fact, when a thread actually does get beneath the surface level, it has a way, in my opinion, of piercing straight to the soul - and not always in a bad way.

But still, I just don't feel home in some settings, or in most forums I have tried. It's hard when people get to know you, and sometimes, you just want to be about as familiar as maybe Batman, and that's all. Forums, I feel there's a focus on kind of being close-knit, and I feel that can be hard if you just don't relate to a lot of people super well.

That being said, there's not much need for much drama about this, just kind of expressing my opinion. I'll probably be back some time, and coming and going is something that I often do.

I guess what I'm saying is, I do find it kind of fun and interesting to post sometimes. But sometimes, as you post more, there's kind of a certain level of connecting with people - and that's not something I really have the energy to do much of right now. And I feel that connecting on here does take energy for me, since I don't really feel that a lot of connections on here are really coming naturally for me. I feel that I often have to explain myself at every turn, to get my points across.

I really wasn't going to try a forum again to begin with, but I had a friend before to kind of share the experience with, which made it fun, and I'm not hanging out with them anymore. I have a lot of things going on in my life right now though, and I just may not have the energy to continue to give. Maybe some social settings wouldn't drain me if I was more extroverted, but I'm not.

So have fun people. I do wish you the best. Save me a weasel to shave. Don't do anything that I would do. Good luck!

By the way, I'm not really upset. I may get emotional at times and about some things, but I feel that life is going pretty good right now in general, and that I may be wasting it by spending too much time talking on the computer, at this current time.

By the way, if it came across like I don't like you guys, it's not really that. You guys and girls are pretty awesome. I just have a lot on my plate, I'm moody and have a lot of things to think about, and I'm just finding it hard to enter threads with like 15 members, and explain my points. And often about subjects that aren't super important, and will be forgotten about in a few days (most likely). The limits of my energy means that when it comes to forum'ing, I'm finding it a bit hard.

Take care :greenheart:.

And while my PMs may be open for a few days to answer them, I probably won't respond if the subject is telling me "not to leave". Because even if I do feel that the forum is a perfect home for me, or I figure out that I'm somehow misunderstanding or have the wrong view on things - I'm still going to be a bit busy.

So, have fun guys! You don't need me to excel. And remember...

quotes-by-famous-women-5.jpg

strong-woman-quotes-amy-poehler-1637706449.png

:greenheart::heart::heartpulse::heartarrow:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I feel that overall, my life is improving
I'm "glad" you take a break from RF, because that means you are ready to fly and enjoy new horizons, right?

"glad" because I wish you the best

Thank you for all your words of wisdom while you were here (2 wonderful quotes you shared)

Heyo

Veteran Member
I feel that overall, my life is improving. And I feel that about 50% of social situations, I do particularly well in. But some groups and settings, a number of them, I just don't feel I really excel in, to the point I think:

View attachment 68978

RF has always been a little challenging for me. Some challenges weren't really a bad thing - in fact, when a thread actually does get beneath the surface level, it has a way, in my opinion, of piercing straight to the soul - and not always in a bad way.

But still, I just don't feel home in some settings, or in most forums I have tried. It's hard when people get to know you, and sometimes, you just want to be about as familiar as maybe Batman, and that's all. Forums, I feel there's a focus on kind of being close-knit, and I feel that can be hard if you just don't relate to a lot of people super well.

That being said, there's not much need for much drama about this, just kind of expressing my opinion. I'll probably be back some time, and coming and going is something that I often do.

I guess what I'm saying is, I do find it kind of fun and interesting to post sometimes. But sometimes, as you post more, there's kind of a certain level of connecting with people - and that's not something I really have the energy to do much of right now. And I feel that connecting on here does take energy for me, since I don't really feel that a lot of connections on here are really coming naturally for me. I feel that I often have to explain myself at every turn, to get my points across.

I really wasn't going to try a forum again to begin with, but I had a friend before to kind of share the experience with, which made it fun, and I'm not hanging out with them anymore. I have a lot of things going on in my life right now though, and I just may not have the energy to continue to give. Maybe some social settings wouldn't drain me if I was more extroverted, but I'm not.

So have fun people. I do wish you the best. Save me a weasel to shave. Don't do anything that I would do. Good luck!

By the way, I'm not really upset. I may get emotional at times and about some things, but I feel that life is going pretty good right now in general, and that I may be wasting it by spending too much time talking on the computer, at this current time.

By the way, if it came across like I don't like you guys, it's not really that. You guys and girls are pretty awesome. I just have a lot on my plate, I'm moody and have a lot of things to think about, and I'm just finding it hard to enter threads with like 15 members, and explain my points. And often about subjects that aren't super important, and will be forgotten about in a few days (most likely). The limits of my energy means that when it comes to forum'ing, I'm finding it a bit hard.

And while my PMs may be open for a few days to answer them, I probably won't respond if the subject is telling me "not to leave". Because even if I do feel that the forum is a perfect home for me, or I figure out that I'm somehow misunderstanding or have the wrong view on things - I'm still going to be a bit busy.

View attachment 68979

View attachment 68980

I'm an introvert, like you, and interacting with lots of people at a time can drain me but on RF I'm in no obligation to react immediately. I can choose when and with whom I interact. I find that more relaxing than taxing.

Brian2

Veteran Member

View attachment 68978

View attachment 68979

View attachment 68980

You got to do your own thing.