• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take'n Over Brazil!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Teen libertarian is face of Brazil's young free-market right - Yahoo News
SAO PAULO (AP) — Microphone in hand and standing atop the sound truck, the raspy-voiced protest leader jabbed his finger into the air shouting for the ouster of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, igniting wild cheers from the crowd below him.
"What Lula and Dilma have done shouldn't just result in their being banned from politics. It should result in them being in jail!" Kim Kataguiri yelled, denouncing Rousseff and her predecessor, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If I may give my testimonial, that young man is hardly alone in his opinion.

Dilma (and nowadays Lula as well) are extremely divisive, to the point that some fear (or hope for) another military coup.

Just saying. Never mind me.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Aren't the citizens of Brazil always kicking out some politician or another?
Sound like turn of the last century Mexico. Vive revolution!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suppose that would be so if it were possible a real candidate could actually ever get nominated.
Real candidates get nominated, but typically only in 3rd parties.
Even in the Big Two, there is the occasional good one.
I never voted for him, but I thought Reagan was a cut above the usual pandering empty suit.
You might not like his politics, but he did what he said he would in his campaign, & he showed much skill in domestic & foreign policy.