• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Takeaways from the first Tablet of the Tabernacle of Unity concerning interfaith dialogue

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and centre your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.
Bahá’u’lláh, "Tabernacle of Unity", 1.4

As each soul has it's own aspiration, that frees me to do my particular aspiration. I also have to take account of my limitations and act accordingly. I am better at writing than speaking, so writing is my vocation.

I need to make clear to people of other religions that religion is divided into two parts, the eternal spiritual precepts, the other the social laws needed for this age. Also, different virtues are emphasized in each age according to the needs of that age.

Also there are unanticipated problems that will arise and we should be concerned with those though not explicitly in the Revelation. One of those is global warming. That is just an example. That is implied in the last sentence of the above quote.

They that are intoxicated by self-conceit have interposed themselves between it and the Divine and infallible Physician. Witness how they have entangled all men, themselves included, in the mesh of their devices. They can neither discover the cause of the disease, nor have they any knowledge of the remedy. They have conceived the straight to be crooked, and have imagined their friend an enemy.
Bahá’u’lláh, "Tabernacle of Unity", 1.5

There are people on forums who are conceited. They are shut out from seeing the truth, or know what this age needs. They are unable to discover the cause of the disease. Perhaps I should such people alone and avoid them.

In this glorious Day whatsoever can purge you from defilement and ensure your peace and tranquillity, that indeed is the straight Path, the Path that leadeth unto Me. To be purged from defilement is to be cleansed of that which is injurious to man and detracteth from his high station — among which is to take undue pleasure in one’s own words and deeds, notwithstanding their unworthiness. True peace and tranquillity will only be realized when every soul will have become the well-wisher of all mankind.
Bahá’u’lláh, "Tabernacle of Unity", 1.9

In context of my work on religious forums, I shouldn't take undue pleasure in my posts, because in the end they are really unworthy in the sight of God. I need to be a well-wisher of all in that forum instead of feeling self-conceited and self centered. I don't know how I can push others to become well-wishers of all mankind except exemplify that myself.

Turn your faces from the darkness of estrangement to the effulgent light of the daystar of unity. This is that which above all else will benefit the peoples of the earth.
Bahá’u’lláh, "Tabernacle of Unity", 1.10

A harsh word is even as a sword thrust; a gentle word as milk. The latter leadeth the children of men unto knowledge and conferreth upon them true distinction.
Bahá’u’lláh, "Tabernacle of Unity", 1.13

I can never allow disputation to lead to contention and estrangement, rather I should speak in such a way as to have fellowship and unity. Either avoid talking about religion to those whose minds are closed, or talk to them about things we share in common, which probably won't be about religion. I can also with those who minds are relatively open, share with them our differences also, so we can learn from each other.

I'm afraid I am estranged from a few people in Religious Forums, though I tried not to, but in the end I failed.

The tabernacle of unity hath been raised; regard ye not one another as strangers. Ye are the fruits of one tree, and the leaves of one branch. Verily I say, whatsoever leadeth to the decline of ignorance and the increase of knowledge hath been, and will ever remain, approved in the sight of the Lord of creation.
Bahá’u’lláh, "Tabernacle of Unity", 1.15

This is hard to live up to, to not regard one another as strangers, especially for me as someone on the autism spectrum. However God takes into account how hard it is for me, I'm sure.

We should increase our mutual knowledge.