• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take the Test

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last I knew he described himself as a paleo con, and I had to assert I am not a Conservative and won't be going back.
Mere differences in labeling.
I see the "con" streak in many of your posts.
Also, you both have an unholy occasional commonality with libertarians.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I find it interesting that for all the times this test has been posted, no one here ever ends up in the blue quadrant. Or if they do, they don't share their result.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Mere differences in labeling.
I see the "con" streak in many of your posts.
Also, you both have an unholy occasional commonality with libertarians.
I think thats more a problem with broken eople who don'tknow inderstand have made it. Such as, what often and usually gets me labeled as Conservative*, especially by Liberals, is citing Karl Marx. Being pro-union and pro-worker doesn't mean pro-slacker or pro-lazy, such as, thiugh lubs often run from it and throw holy water on it like a priest would to a demon, in a general "too lazy to go into conditons and specifics" sense I do support the equal obligation to work (while we still have it, anyways). Liberals will deride me as Conservative, but I didn't get that wording from a RW or Conservative source. It comes from the Communist Manifesto.
*that I am aware. Obviously this does require feedback from others amd thats the feedback I usually get...I've been called many things, however, consistently by many, with no supporting evidence provided (like how a bunch of people thought I was gay in my past life).

Cooky

Veteran Member
I think thats more a problem with broken eople who don'tknow inderstand have made it. Such as, what often and usually gets me labeled as Conservative*, especially by Liberals, is citing Karl Marx. Being pro-union and pro-worker doesn't mean pro-slacker or pro-lazy, such as, thiugh lubs often run from it and throw holy water on it like a priest would to a demon, in a general "too lazy to go into conditons and specifics" sense I do support the equal obligation to work (while we still have it, anyways). Liberals will deride me as Conservative, but I didn't get that wording from a RW or Conservative source. It comes from the Communist Manifesto.
*that I am aware. Obviously this does require feedback from others amd thats the feedback I usually get...I've been called many things, however, consistently by many, with no supporting evidence provided (like how a bunch of people thought I was gay in my past life).

You and me are two peas in a pod... Don't deny it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You and me are two peas in a pod... Don't deny it.
It's lost on me, as our posting history indicates that any similarities we may have in regards to political, social, or economic ideologies are coincidence. Really, I'm far more like Rival and Revoltingest, though they occupy entirely different quadrants.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People do get the labels wrong.
Remember....I'm a "creationist".

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Tis like being a giant dwarf.
Only in America. Outside of here, and in a general political sense, libertarianism refers to social policy rather than ecomic, unlike American libertarianism that views social and economic freedom as different sides of the same coin (Milton). But we're are here, not there, and as you know I don't apply it to myself though I am a wee more South on the scale.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only in America. Outside of here, and in a general political sense, libertarianism refers to social policy rather than ecomic, unlike American libertarianism that views social and economic freedom as different sides of the same coin (Milton). But we're are here, not there, and as you know I don't apply it to myself though I am a wee more South on the scale.
Liberty is liberty, be it economic or social.
It's not just in Ameristan, but also Canuckistan.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Liberty is liberty, be it economic or social.
It's not just in Ameristan, but also Canuckistan.
It's an American thing to equate libertarianism with capitalism. Everywhere else libertarianism describes social views (which is how the political compass is set up, using left and right strictly in the traditional sense of economics that is based on the French Revolution.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's an American thing to equate libertarianism with capitalism.
Capitalism is just part of libertarianism.
Everywhere else libertarianism describes social views (which is how the political compass is set up, using left and right strictly in the traditional sense of economics that is based on the French Revolution.
Economic authoritarianism with social liberty is more or less "liberal" (N Ameristanian usage).
Of course, there's the problem of illiberal liberals.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It's an American thing to equate libertarianism with capitalism. Everywhere else libertarianism describes social views (which is how the political compass is set up, using left and right strictly in the traditional sense of economics that is based on the French Revolution.

I think you need a citation with that French Revolution bit, or at least an explanation... I mean, to be helpful... If you wanted... I think that connection would be difficult for me to make using google.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I usually fall where the majority here did in the center of the lower left (green) quadrant, but this time, I took the test to see if I could get to the upper right corner (not quadrant, but corner) by answering as if I were an authoritarian hyper-conservative. All answers were strongly agree or strongly disagree. I guess I gave the wrong answer on one or more give that there was room to be more authoritarian and conservative.

chart

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think you need a citation with that French Revolution bit, or at least an explanation... I mean, to be helpful... If you wanted... I think that connection would be difficult for me to make using google.
The French revolution is something liberals point to as justifying
a command economy, but the roots of libertarianism go further
back, & were capitalism friendly.
Libertarianism - Wikipedia
Moreover, without capitalism, history shows that social liberty
is minimized, eg, N Korea, communist PRC, USSR.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How does that fit within your belief system? Do you believe bacon created the Earth?
It wasn't the Ice Giant Ymir who was slain and the world made from, but a pig descended from Moccus, the entrails ripped asunder to create the first something. It's the chicken or egg in his religion, it did haggis or bacon come first, which food of pig belly more divine than the other.