• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take the Test

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I used to read it online, in the run up to Brexit, as I thought it important to keep abreast of what the Brexiters were saying to one another. I've stopped now and taken up the NY Times instead, sine the action is really going to be in the US for the next 6 months. (On Brexit is seems obvious there will be no deal: the Brexiters will hide the economic damage behind that caused by the virus.)
Great, no deal. Life just keeps getting better and better.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Speaking of what she said, I'm still finding a lot in common with the conservatives and far rights here, I think. Well the ones that can take my rather harsh rhetoric about the current state of affairs whenever political threads pop up.
Harsh?
You wouldn't know harsh if'n it came up
& bit you on yer hammer & sickle undies!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm a communist, anti-Capitalism, and opposed to Conservative politics (unless you've underwent a realignment?). From our posts w and seem to have little in common.
Hah!
You & he are peas in a pod.
The difference is only in posting attitude.
This is fun.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A "little"? You were extremely right and extremely libertarian. I remember because your numbers were almost exactly a mirror image of mine.
It was only a "little" relative to that particular poster....who
was smack dab in the middle of the purple quadrant.
He was at the edge of the range of normal human beings.
I'm out of bounds.

Mirror images can be fun.
@Rival is even more so my opposite.
Here we are (each dressed as Groucho) arching each other....

Rational Agnostic

Exactly. I'm slightly right of centre on the European spectrum and have been a Conservative voter for much of my life post university. That would make me a cryptocommunist on the US spectrum, I imagine. :D

According to this test, I'm a pretty hardcore liberal. But that's because I answered honestly. Anyone can see that the statements are biased to make people who answer honestly look further left.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
According to this test, I'm a pretty hardcore liberal. But that's because I answered honestly. Anyone can see that the statements are biased to make people who answer honestly look further left.
Didn't work that way for me.
Honesty put me in the hardcore lower
right....where real libertarians dwell.
(It's pretty crazy there.)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Speaking of what she said, I'm still finding a lot in common with the conservatives and far rights here, I think. Well the ones that can take my rather harsh rhetoric about the current state of affairs whenever political threads pop up.
What of the far right do you agree with then?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What of the far right do you agree with then?

-Non-political-correctness in speech
-The ability to talk conspiracy theories. Though, some conspiracy theories are still too far out for me
-They seem to have a philosophical realization more that people aren't righteous, but instead having a lower and higher self
-Most realize Obamacare is a failed system

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Non-political-correctness in speech
-The ability to talk conspiracy theories. Though, some conspiracy theories are still too far out for me
-Most realize Obamacare is a failed system

To me, these do not seem indicative of far right ideology, which I see as fundamentally based around autocratic leadership and the promotion of a monoculture. Can you explain how you see them as far right notions?

They seem to have a philosophical realization more that people aren't righteous, but instead having a lower and higher self

This is a new idea to me. Could you expand on it a little?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
To me, these do not seem indicative of far right ideology, which I see as fundamentally based around autocratic leadership and the promotion of a monoculture. Can you explain how you see them as far right notions?

Well, you're kind of going by the textbook definition, to be fair. The way the question was aimed at me, regarding people, I also had to take into account the people I've met as well as things like the content on far right radio programs, and even their leader personalities, though controversial they may be, like Alex Jones.

I'll try to soon. My explanation may be long. So I'm kind of waking up first.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Okay, second quote. I find in liberal culture, there tends to be an ideology that people deserve not just respect, but soap boxes to be heard and believed. Without Republicans around to balance things out, we run the risk of every #MeToo accusation, though some are accurate, as being believed, leading to a sort of medieval witch hunt. In such culture, humans are often seen as animals worthy of sympathy without more complex motives than animals.

I find all this a flawed ideology. What Republicans replace it with seems to be much simpler, it doesn't beat it out per se, just such ideology as in liberal culture, simply fails on its own.

But what do I know.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
An example of what I said, seems to be when Jeffree Star turned against his former friend based on an accusation without ever having been there or there being any proof, then making it public.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Sorry don't know anything about that.

It was a rather embarrassing display and if you're a masochist for dramatic and depressing news, google his name and look up the articles, including the one where he now blames the person who made the claims after he almost ruined his friend's reputation.

Rational Agnostic

Didn't work that way for me.
Honesty put me in the hardcore lower
right....where real libertarians dwell.
(It's pretty crazy there.)

I suppose I should've said it makes some people get results further left than they are. For instance, the statement that said something to the effect of "whatever is good for the largest corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us."

I think the only way to answer that honestly is to strongly disagree. Even a hardcore conservative would likely admit that there is a tradeoff to everything and that it may be good for most people, but not all. I think that economically, I'm closer to a centrist. But, I took the statements 100% literally when deciding to agree or disagree with them, knowing that they were purposely construed in such a way as to push the results to the left.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suppose I should've said it makes some people get results further left than they are. For instance, the statement that said something to the effect of "whatever is good for the largest corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us."

I think the only way to answer that honestly is to strongly disagree. Even a hardcore conservative would likely admit that there is a tradeoff to everything and that it may be good for most people, but not all. I think that economically, I'm closer to a centrist. But, I took the statements 100% literally when deciding to agree or disagree with them, knowing that they were purposely construed in such a way as to push the results to the left.
We should treat the test as a game.