• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tablet for note taking!

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
So, I've just recently started doing this, and wow: I recommend it to any students out there if you can do it. My professors upload slides before classes, so I can just download them and use a program called Squid that lets me take notes right on PDFs of the lecture using a stylus.

You can quickly and easily change the color of your pen, making organization and drawing diagrams really easy and visually pleasing.

Then you can upload your noted PDF to whatever cloud or device you want for easy reference (or just study them on the tablet).

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Back in my day, we just used pen and paper to take notes.
And back from your days, they used papyrus and some animal blood to write notes, too. And I am positive they did not use internet to communicate, either.

So?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And back from your days, they used papyrus and some animal blood to write notes, too. And I am positive they did not use internet to communicate, either.

So?

Ciao

- viole
Animal blood! Why didn't I think of that?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Back in my day, we just used pen and paper to take notes.
What a coincidence!
I used pen & paper to never take notes.

I hated taking notes. It distracted from paying attention.
I preferred to sit back, & just listen & watch.
Sometimes I'd go to the prof's office, & copy his (always
"his") notes. Get'n the job done with less work.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What a coincidence!
I used pen & paper to never take notes.

I hated taking notes. It distracted from paying attention.
I preferred to sit back, & just listen & watch.
Sometimes I'd go to the prof's office, & copy his (always
"his") notes. Get'n the job done with less work.

Well, I guess if they're willing to let you copy their notes, then that would work. There were some profs who didn't even let people bring in tape recorders. They wanted students to take written notes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, I guess if they're willing to let you copy their notes, then that would work. There were some profs who didn't even let people bring in tape recorders. They wanted students to take written notes.
Never a problem in engineering back in my day.