• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Systematic Classification of Religions, Gamified

Heyo

Veteran Member
This may be a stupid or at least impractical idea. If you think so, feel free to criticise me - but not the other posters as this is a discussion thread.

We had a little "expert system"/game on an unix system, I think it was called "animals". The computer had to guess an animal you were thinking of. It would ask question like "does it have wings?", "is it bigger than a cat" or similar and after a few questions it would pronounce "you are thinking of a rabbit". If it was wrong, it would ask you to enter a question that would have helped to identify the animal. With time the program learned all the animals and how to discern them.

We could mimic this here by starting with a belief (or non belief) and work our way through as classification of ideas, religions and denominations by adding the most important differences.
If this goes well, I will update the question tree from time to time.

So, welcome. Please read the last of my questions below. If nothing fits you, please state what you are not (so I can see which path you came down), state what you are and add a question that may discern you from I predicted you were.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So, welcome. I think you are a Deist. If not, please state what you are and add a question that may discern you from a deist.
I am not a Deist.

Discriminating question: Is God involved in the operations of created beings?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you are a Deist. If not, please state what you are and add a question that may discern you from a deist.
No I believe the deity may interfere in our affairs in some ways, but I'm not sure how. Invisibly and intangibly without action. Maybe just by being.

Question: "Do you think its possible that the deity could be involved in our affairs, somehow?"

Heyo

Veteran Member
No I believe the deity may interfere in our affairs in some ways, but I'm not sure how. Invisibly and intangibly without action. Maybe just by being.

Question: "Do you think its possible that the deity could be involved in our affairs, somehow?"
So what are you?
(I may combine your and @dybmh 's question into one as they are similar.)
@Heyo, perhaps the first split would be: Is reality intentional or random?
That should happen automatically when weighing the tree.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
So what are you?
(I may combine your and @dybmh 's question into one as they are similar.)
My religious position is liberal Christian. I lean towards Quaker positions. I feel beliefs are in third or fourth place to other things such as love, and I think both beliefs and strong opinions change and can't be relied upon.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Do you accept the existence of deities as true? No: #2
Do you think its possible that the deity could be involved in our affairs, somehow? No: #1
You are a liberal Christian.

#1: You are a Deist
#2: You are a non-theist

Heyo

Veteran Member
Do you accept the existence of deities as true? No: #2
Do you think its possible that the deity could be involved in our affairs, somehow? No: #1
Is God involved in the operations of created beings? Yes: #3
You are a liberal Christian.

#1: You are a Deist
#2: You are a non-theist
#3: You are Jewish