• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Syria: What the Hell's Going On There?

croak

Trickster
No, really, what is going on there? The Syrian government killing unarmed civilians in droves? An Israeli plot to topple the government?

Discuss and debate anything concerning Syria at present and into the future.

I figured we might as well have this thread — all the other 'Arab Springs' have been represented already (but maybe Syria is different... feel free to debate that, too).

elmarna

I am not ever or will I ever be a political person.All I can say is while leaving Kuwait I was sandwhich between a row of middle aged men. As we flew over 1 pointed out that we were over Syria. He said-" you are american do not ever go there" He was strong in his words and spoke as if I was a young child. He said-" You Married Muslum: A Kuwaiti no matter even if you are Muslum Never American go to Syria now O.K. ? " The conversation happened Feruary 1st 2011.
that is all I can say on this Matter.

kai

ragamuffin
Do you think Israel should open her northern border for Syrian refugees?

What? Theres not enough Arab countries to help with refugees?

Oppression bloodshed same old same old , the world is crazy.

Hama - a bastion of dissidence - occupies a significant place in the history of modern Syria. In 1982, then-President Hafez al-Assad, father of Bashar, sent in troops to quell an uprising by the Sunni opposition Muslim Brotherhood. Tens of thousands were killed and the town flattened. The operation was led by the president's brother, Rifaat.

BBC News - Syria unrest: 'Arrests in Hama as tanks move on Idlib'

Makes me me sick the hypocrisy of bombing Libya , why is that a special case. I used to be something of an interventionist, now theres not enough troops to intervene.

Last edited:

elmarna

Israel is not without a great show of hands if it does!
The middle east is known for the call to those who wish to be free of the suffering & struggle.
Hospitals came from this very region!
Perhaps the word Hospitality did too [I do not know]
In any way knowing the peoples it is a great gesture & would be well recieved by those not wanting any parts of war. Just peace upon them!!!!!!!!!

erelsgl

"Theres not enough Arab countries to help with refugees?"

There are many other countries, but we Jews have the Torah which commands us to rescue refugees:

Deut. 23: "[15] Thou shalt not deliver unto his master the servant which is escaped from his master unto thee: [16] He shall dwell with thee, even among you, in that place which he shall choose in one of thy gates, where it liketh him best: thou shalt not oppress him."

So we have an opportunity to fulfil that commandment.

Of course they should live here temporarily, until the war is over, then they should return to Syria.

Flankerl

Well the average syrian citizen wont even get to the border as you need special permits for that.
I doubt that the border soldiers changed sides.

So its a bit unrealistic.