• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Synthetic embryo made without sperm or egg

We Never Know

No Slack
It was only a matter of time. Its already been 26 years since dolly the sheep was cloned.

"A synthetic embryo, made without sperm or egg, could lead to infertility treatments

Scientists have created mouse embryos in a cup, and it could one day help families hoping to get pregnant, according to a new study.

According to a study published Thursday in the journal Nature, after 10 years of research, scientists created a synthetic mouse embryo that began to form organs without a sperm or egg. All it took was stem cells.

Stem cells are non-specialized cells that can be manipulated into mature cells with specific functions.

“Our mouse model of an embryo develops not only a brain, but also a beating heart — all the components that make up the body,” said lead study author Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz, a professor in the department of mammalian development and stem cell biology at the university. Cambridge in the United Kingdom.

“It’s just unbelievable that we’ve come this far. This has been a dream of our community for many years and a major focus of our work for a decade, and we finally did it.”

“This paper is an exciting achievement and addresses a problem that scientists face when studying mammalian embryos in the womb,” said Marianne Bronner, professor of biology at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena (California Institute of Technology). Bronner did not participate in the study."

Read the rest here...

A synthetic embryo, made without sperm or egg, could lead to infertility treatments - journalbreak

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I read that but did not post since it is the first report. However, use of stem-cell does not let it claim to be 'synthetic', or one can say 'totally synthetic'.

Truth in love

While interesting it makes me wonder if we have a line we are not going to cross.

It’s been a fascination of our for a long time and yet what risks do we run?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think science should try to better and improve life.
As for creating new life, we are almost 8 billion people.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yea I think we will have some very serious self inflicted harm.
At least it would be convenient to those who want us all to "be obedient and get the Corona vaccins" and other things.

China created already quite a few obedient followers of the New Normal, but it would have been much easier if they created an obedient lab clone from the start

I am totally against these Scientific Research projects. A huge Karmic backlash will follow soon with all these Adharmic ones in charge of these Science projects

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
While interesting it makes me wonder if we have a line we are not going to cross.
It’s been a fascination of our for a long time and yet what risks do we run?
Dolly was not a great success. We will make some more mistakes before we can create 'lion-man'.
And cursing is not going to stop the thing. Stem-cell research has proved useful in many cases.

Truth in love

Dolly was not a great success. We will make some more mistakes before we can create 'lion-man'.
And cursing is not going to stop the thing. Stem-cell research has proved useful in many cases.
I’m not wholly against stem cell work. I think the 3-D organ printing would be great.
Human animal hybrids, disease creation etc no.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I read that but did not post since it is the first report. However, use of stem-cell does not let it claim to be 'synthetic', or one can say 'totally synthetic'.

So no plastic people then? I thought that had already happened.

<Looks around RF> :D