• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Symbols/signs from LHP religions

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
A personal symbol of mine is the Alchemical symbol for Black Sulfur centered within a black sun orb with tongues of fire stretching out like tentacles, symbolizing the Black Sun of Eternal Darkness.

ASPapparel+Blog+-+Brimstone.png
For me this symbolizes the balance and protection between male to female symbolizing hell as a great eternal afterlife.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Ronald K. Barrett, speaker of Xem. He painted it himself I believe.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Ronald Barrett?
Supposedly Ronald Barrett was with the TOS for a while till his mind lost it, he tried to plot an assassination attempt I believe on Michael Aquino but he was expelled I believe from the TOS. I've heard he passed away. I do not know a lot about Barrett but I have heard a little bit about him.

Premium Member
Supposedly Ronald Barrett was with the TOS for a while till his mind lost it, he tried to plot an assassination attempt I believe on Michael Aquino but he was expelled I believe from the TOS. I've heard he passed away. I do not know a lot about Barrett but I have heard a little bit about him.

I've definitely never heard that. Barret simply made the ToS essentially rhp in black garb in my understanding and all that. You can see the changes he implements in ToS vol. II.

"As High Priest, Barrett envisioned a Temple of Set in which Initiates would be trained according to exacting, standardized criteria. They would have to pass proficiency tests according to a uniform time-schedule. It was not conceivable that someone could stay at, say, the II° level indefinitely; all must move higher, and the goal was the V° for everyone. As the Initiate advanced in degree, he would be confronted more by tests and problems relative to Xem (Barrett’s V° Word) and Per-t (Magus Norton’s Word). Unlike my own Word (Xeper), however, Xem would not be directly explained. Rather one would have to apprehend its meaning indirectly, through various writings which contained both literal and symbolic meanings. "

- Michael A Aquino.

Onyx

Premium Member
I've definitely never heard that. Barret simply made the ToS essentially rhp in black garb in my understanding and all that. You can see the changes he implements in ToS vol. II.
"A Test of Adept Knowledge" in this old copy of the Ruby Tablet seems to lend credence to this. (Edit: I haven't read Aquino's newer books yet.)

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
It was given to Aquino by the second high priest of the ToS. Totally spacing in his name, @Adramelek knows.

Yes the water color painting you guys are referring to was painted by Ronald K. Barrett Magus of Xem and second High Priest of the Temple of Set, and was presented to the Aquino's as a gift. According to the many articles I've read and inner-ToS sources, Barrett succumbed to the Curse of the Magus. As 1137 pointed out, Barrett as High Priest ruled the Temple with an iron claw, and he eventually succumbed to his own "Id monster".

Leading to Barrett's downfall a I* Setian was living with him and reported to some members of the Council of Nine that Barrett was saying that his Word of Xem must overthrow Xeper and for this to happen the Magus of Xeper Michael Aquino must be "sacrificed". This accusation was found to be true and Barrett was expelled from the ToS along with several of his followers. And apparently some years later Barrett died under mysterious circumstances. "Woe be to the false priest."

Last edited:

Premium Member
Yes the water color painting you guys are referring to was painted by Ronald K. Barrett Magus of Xem and second High Priest of the Temple of Set, and was presented to the Aquino's as a gift. According to the many articles I've read and inner-ToS sources, Barrett succumbed to the Curse of the Magus. As 1137 pointed out, Barrett as High Priest ruled the Temple with an iron claw, and he eventually succumbed to his own "Id monster".

Leading to Barrett's downfall a I* Setian was living with him and reported to some members of the Council of Nine that Barrett was saying that his Word of Xem must overthrow Xeper and for this to happen the Magus of Xeper Michael Aquino must be "sacrificed". This accusation was found to be true and Barrett was expelled from the ToS along with several of his followers. And apparently some years later Barrett died under mysterious circumstances. "Woe be to the false priest."

Holy crap that's water color? A shame that such talent came at such a cost for him.

"How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!" - Isaiah 14:12

Liu

Regarding chaos (in its different interpretations), there's also the Ellis Sigil
489px-Ellis_Sigil.jpg

And, for the gnostics, the eleven-angled sigil
5-3cbec7bce2.png

and the eleven-pointed star
85-808078d720.jpg

Onyx

Premium Member
Some people use the phallus, but I can't post a picture of that here. :)