• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sweet sixteen....if u had it again

JIMMY12345

Dear Friends and fellow posters.Sons, Daughters nephews and nieces are growing up. As we age we learn.What advice would you dispense to the younger generation and what advice do you wish you had been given.?
To start the posts off I was reading an anonymous quote

"Beware the quiet man.For while others speak,he watched.And while others act he plans.And when they finally rest...he strikes"

Putting it briefly I meet quiet people.They were/are clever.I wished I had listened more and kept my mouth shut more.Your turn:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I wish I listened to the doctor in the children hospital and took my medications and never went off of them.

That would be the major thing I would change. I think I would have been much better off in life and right now if I listened.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

If any young person with schizophrenia reads this. Please don't get off medications and say "mind powers", do not say "6th sense" neither, do not say getting off meds is key to hidden world. All this is semi true, but the way devils deceive us, will land you barely able to walk and react and talk if you keep getting off meds. Listen to the Psychiatrist.

Do not get into philosophy and religion when your mind is healing, it will go to bad conclusions. Instead exercise and either work, study or volunteer. Do not be idle and looping the same philosophical/religious thoughts.

When you get into goals and achieving steps towards them, you will have easier time understanding religion/philosophies and truth.

Get help from staff who job is to help you. Listen to their advice no matter what background. They are not malicious if materialistic or spiritual, monotheist or atheist or polytheist or alien worshipers, whatever the case, just listen a bit .Not saying everything they say is right, but the illness blinds us to common sense and every day wisdom people have to achieve their goals. We need to snap out of it.

Listen to the Psychiatrists and do not go to them debating philosophy, politics, religions or anything of that nature. Focus on your life, goals, how they can help you. Let them know what you are doing. Do not seek the truth from them, they are not experts on that nor claim it.

They are not theologians.

Humble your heart and realize, we are tried by madness, called a medical term now, but its the same thing.

We need help of community, friends, family, psychiatrist and others.

Also, spiritual battle to me is important. You find the sword of God, but do not mention this to doctors. Its not their job to tell you what spiritual/religious route you go to face madness.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Dear Friends and fellow posters.Sons, Daughters nephews and nieces are growing up. As we age we learn.What advice would you dispense to the younger generation and what advice do you wish you had been given.?
To start the posts off I was reading an anonymous quote

"Beware the quiet man.For while others speak,he watched.And while others act he plans.And when they finally rest...he strikes"

Putting it briefly I meet quiet people.They were/are clever.I wished I had listened more and kept my mouth shut more.Your turn:
When I was 16 I was heavy into drug addiction, I flunked out of high-school due to apathy, I pushed away my friends and distanced myself from my family, and where I expected myself to be in 5 years time was six feet in the dirt.

I wouldn't change a thing. If I hadn't gone through that, I wouldn't be who I am today. If I hadn't chosen to pull myself out of that state, I wouldn't be where I am today. If I hadn't learned how useless it was to succumb to my demons, I wouldn't be how I am today.

In other words, I'm a big believer that everything in life makes you who you are. Have no regrets, be happy you experienced them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think I'd have borrowed some money and invested it in Microsoft, Apple and IBM

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For people without my illness and people with my illness, I would take this hadith Qudsi (holy narration) quoting the Gospels from Ahlulbayt (a):

Allah the Supreme said in the seventeenth chapter of the Gospel, ‘Woe unto those who have heard the knowledge but have not sought it. How they will be gathered with the ignorant into the fire. And learn the knowledge and teach it, for even if knowledge does not bring you felicity, it will not bring you wretchedness, and even if it does not raise you, it will not lower you, and even if it does not enrich you, it will not impoverish you, and even if it does not benefit you, it will not harm you.

And do not say, ‘We fear that we may come to know but not to act’, but say, ‘We we hope to come to know and to act. And knowledge intercedes on behalf of one who has it, and it is the duty of Allah not to disgrace him. Indeed, on the Resurrection Day Allah will say, ‘O assembly of the learned (ulama)! What is your opinion of your Lord?

Then they will say, ‘It is our opinion that He will have mercy upon us and forgive us. Then the Almighty will say, ‘Indeed, I have done so. Indeed, I have entrusted you with My wisdom not because I wanted evil for you, but because I wanted good for you. So enter among My good servants into my garden (paradise) by My mercy.’18

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I would advise my younger self to find something else to do on a fateful weekend when I visited my parents and met my first wife.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A certain girl I once knew. Should of caved in to her advances for that perfect midsummer dream.

JIMMY12345

I would advise my younger self to find something else to do on a fateful weekend when I visited my parents and met my first wife.
This is just so interesting. Please can I ask what exactly was wrong with your first wife?
do not forget your totally anonymous so write pages and pages.You will find it therapeutic.
pps if it turns out to be a best seller I want 10% please.

JIMMY12345

This is just so interesting. Please can I ask what exactly was wrong with your first wife?
do not forget your totally anonymous so write pages and pages.You will find it therapeutic.
pps if it turns out to be a best seller I want 10% please.
Sorry the moderator just tapped me on the shoulder. You must give the 10% all to Religious forums as they own the site.

JIMMY12345

Couple more - keep them coming

When people contemplate marriage they ask " Will he/she make me happy ?"

Reverse the question will you make him or her happy ?
When I was younger I met lots of bright intelligent girls. However there was lots of competition from better looking (and richer) friends. I thought I cannot be selfish and stood aside. This strategy ensured the continued future happiness of lots of girls. I did also benefit. No expensive painful divorces.

Also for youngsters 4 things that will HELP make you successful:
Talent, Rich parents, Hard work and do not forget....................................... luck
VIP).