• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sweden Is Out of Sperm!

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Read this story yesterday and had to share:

Sweden faces sperm deficit as pandemic keeps donors away from clinics | Reuters

Evidently Sweden is running out of sperm at their sperm banks, making it more difficult for women to be artificially inseminated. The Nordic countries have the highest artificial insemination rates in the world (who knew?) so this is a particularly acute issue right now.

I believe we have some male members from that part of the world...get going guys! :p:D

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Evidently Sweden is running out of sperm at their sperm banks, making it more difficult for women to be artificially inseminated. The Nordic countries have the highest artificial insemination rates in the world (who knew?) so this is a particularly acute issue right now.

I believe we have some male members from that part of the world...get going guys! :p:D

Well, they could always go back to doing it the old-fashioned way. I thought Swedes were the world's foremost experts on sex. What gives?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As it is, Swedish men tend to have quite low rates of sperm because of their overall low testosterone levels, believed to be largely due to reduced sunlight versus most other countries. Matter of fact, women tend to be more sexually assertive there than men, and boys tend to mature more slowly.

I can relate to this because, even though I'm only 1/4 Swedish, many of my genetic characteristics reflect the above, including my general appearance. However, at my age of 76, I look more like a cross between a Swede and a Shar Pei.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
As it is, Swedish men tend to have quite low rates of sperm because of their overall low testosterone levels, believed to be largely due to reduced sunlight versus most other countries. Matter of fact, women tend to be more sexually assertive there than men, and boys tend to mature more slowly.

That's fascinating, I never knew!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That's fascinating, I never knew!
Ya, I live in the northern U.S., and when I went to Israel for the 1st time in 1991, we were told that Israel girls tend to mature more quickly because of their extra time being in the more intense sun, thus it is all too easy to overestimate their age.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I look more like a cross between a Swede and a Shar Pei.

Pictures. We want pictures.

anatomy-of-a-sharpei-dog-j-m.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Back to the OP

Sperm counts among men in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand declined more than 59% from 1973 to 2011, according to a meta-analysis Swan co-wrote in 2017. At the current rate, half of men in those countries would have no sperm by 2045, Falling sperm counts threaten humanity; chemicals to blame, book says

There was an OP along these lines recently. I doubt Western men will be completely devoid of sperm after 2045; my bet is that their sperm count will level off somewhere along the way.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I know women are cold but that is some serious sub artic Temps in Sweden!

74x12

Well, they could always go back to doing it the old-fashioned way. I thought Swedes were the world's foremost experts on sex. What gives?
Women are led to believe that they're better off alone. This means that men avoid having kids with women who won't stay anyway. Then as women get older their natural urge to be a mother kicks in so they turn to artificial insemination. Sweden is really at the forefront of feminism. But unfortunately if college kids are any indication ... the USA will soon surpass them in this.
I must disagree. I can't imagine the land of Vikings having problems in this regard a thousand years ago. I think this is happening due to chemicals in food, water, vaccines etc. Not to mention soy as food. The agenda is to reduce sperm counts and testosterone for the sake of population control. Not a conspiracy theory; more like conspiracy fact.