• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swap or not?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Would any of you like to swap a sister for a brother or vice-versa - perhaps being so annoying or just not having a bond with them? That is, them being born as such and either older or younger than oneself. Personally I would like to have had a sister but not sure which of my older brothers I would have wished into non-existence. Neither were at all bad but then none of us formed any bonds for life with each other either.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I have one brother. Long story short: About 5 years ago I told him not to contact me again. If he comes to my funeral I will be upset.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Would any of you like to swap a sister for a brother or vice-versa - perhaps being so annoying or just not having a bond with them? That is, them being born as such and either older or younger than oneself. Personally I would like to have had a sister but not sure which of my older brothers I would have wished into non-existence. Neither were at all bad but then none of us formed any bonds for life with each other.

The belief that you can swap other people says a lot, maybe if you wanted to join another family I would understand but swapping another human seems a bit arrogant.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why would a genetic relationship be a factor? With nearly 8B people in the world, surely you could find other friends, regardless of relatedness.

I had certain problems with my various family members, so when I left for college I simply dropped them from my life.
I never had any problem finding unrelated associates.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
As for me 1 sister and 2 brother's and no we don't communicate that often and 1 brother has moved away and pretty much written off the family but they are my family we grew up together, shared experiences and bonded over many years. I wouldn't just take another person on a whim, it would have to be someone like my best friend who we have shared experiences, age together and bonded over many years, but I already consider him as an extra brother without losing any of my natural siblings.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The belief that you can swap other people says a lot, maybe if you wanted to join another family I would understand but swapping another human seems a bit arrogant.

:D Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have 2 sisters.
I once had a brother & additional sister.
But they're dead to me.
I can only hope that it was in lengthy agony.
Pancreatic cancer with cluster headaches would suffice.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Would any of you like to swap a sister for a brother or vice-versa - perhaps being so annoying or just not having a bond with them? That is, them being born as such and either older or younger than oneself. Personally I would like to have had a sister but not sure which of my older brothers I would have wished into non-existence. Neither were at all bad but then none of us formed any bonds for life with each other.
As I mentioned in a different OP a few days ago, I have a brother who is two years older then me, I have not had any contact with him since May 2017. The reason is that he is an
psychopath who tried to ruin and damage me for years. So to me he is a persona nongrata but yes he is still my brother.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

But this deserves a show too:

So good they performed it twice. :oops:

Love this in the comments to one version:

Who put mustard in my egg
Made me sick and confined to bed
Who rang my school and said I was dead
My sister

Who mixed dope in the biscuit tin
Which made us laugh then hit the gin
Who just sat back with a grin
My sister

My sister said it was not her who fixed me up with a gay masseur
Instead she said it was just a slur.... my sister's wicked

Who told Dad that I wasn't clean
and did things at night that were truly obscene
And then blamed it all on a defective gene..
My sister.

Who shaved the cat and made it mew
Then put stones in our Mother's stew
Who just laughed when it made us spew
My Sister

My sister sprayed my Dad's car pink - blamed it on me and created a stink
I got sent off to a shrink.... my sister's awful

Who put pepper in my best friend's coat
that turned him blue and made him choke
Who just thought it was one big joke
My lovely lovely sister
But I'll get the last laugh I always do
She's now locked in the upstairs loo
She can sing and shout til she's blue
I'm her naughty naughty brother.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Why would a genetic relationship be a factor? With nearly 8B people in the world, surely you could find other friends, regardless of relatedness.

I had certain problems with my various family members, so when I left for college I simply dropped them from my life.
I never had any problem finding unrelated associates.

And this has exactly what to do with a preference for having had a sister or brother?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Would any of you like to swap a sister for a brother or vice-versa - perhaps being so annoying or just not having a bond with them? That is, them being born as such and either older or younger than oneself. Personally I would like to have had a sister but not sure which of my older brothers I would have wished into non-existence. Neither were at all bad but then none of us formed any bonds for life with each other either.
slip your sibling some cash
just to see if he might do some cross dressing for you