• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Swami Nithiananda on run after abduction/torture and rape accusations.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The up-start, the most talked about with a foundation in US. Not the other regular one. All sane people knew that it was going to happen one day. Nithiyananda (South India) or Nityananda (North India) It is a common name among Hindu renunciates. There may be hundreds of Nityanandas (Nitya + Ananda = Eternal Bliss).
Because of my disgust for him, I am not including his photograph or details here.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's sad. For each so-called Guru that falls, it gives people the idea that perhaps all of them are/were like this guy.

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Sorting the wheat from chaff is difficult for most people. They don't understand that discrimination is key and - especially amongst white converts - think that they must listen to every single word their 'guru' says and not challenge it. They forget that gurus are just people, more or less advanced on the path that anyone else, and idolise and worship them. I know some of Nithy's followers are they are smart, intelligent people who have sunk everything into this fraud. Everything he says is the word of god, apparently and it's so sad because if they just looked at scripture or sought more information they might really learn something. But they won't, not until it's too late. And that's so sad.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, they can go to his Kailasaa in Haiti where he has bought an island. Reports say 1.2 million people have applied for Kailasaa citizenship.