• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Survey] What do you believe in?

Nurion

I'm currently working on my my bachelor's thesis and just fired up the survey that I have to conduct for it.
The staff was so kind as to permit me to create a thread in this forum where interested people might take part in the survey.

And it's right up the alley of this entire forum, for the topic of my bachelor's thesis is:
"The Relationship Between Conspiracy Theories, Paranormal Beliefs and Religiousness -
Examining thinking styles within various systems of belief"

If anyone would like to help me out by spending a quarter of an hour answering questions, regarding their beliefs and thinking preferences, it would be highly appreciated.

https://www.soscisurvey.de/beliefsystems/

In case you want to know more, I'd be happy to answer any questions here or in a private message.
Please note though, that I cannot reveal some information, in order not to influence people when they answer the survey.

David1967

Premium Member
I'm currently working on my my bachelor's thesis and just fired up the survey that I have to conduct for it.
The staff was so kind as to permit me to create a thread in this forum where interested people might take part in the survey.

And it's right up the alley of this entire forum, for the topic of my bachelor's thesis is:
"The Relationship Between Conspiracy Theories, Paranormal Beliefs and Religiousness -

If anyone would like to help me out by spending a quarter of an hour answering questions, regarding their beliefs and thinking preferences, it would be highly appreciated.

In case you want to know more, I'd be happy to answer any questions here or in a private message.
Please note though, that I cannot reveal some information, in order not to influence people when they answer the survey.

Took it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah...and the questions about God, religion and attending church....

Yeah, there's that too. Bias in that regard is routine, though, so I didn't think much of it. It means people like you and me are going to screw up the results and be "outliers." Surveying religions doesn't work very well unless you tailor the metrics to specific religious groups - there's not really a neutral terminology that can be used.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Nice survey. Had to photo copy a couple of pages. ;) Self reference

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some questions had an adverb which I could not agree with but without the adverb, I would have agreed.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Do you go to church for...I neither agree or disagree I don't go

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you go to church for...I neither agree or disagree I don't go
I voted no to all those questions even though I do not go to church but I think your answer was more correct. I answered truly considering why I used to go. I went to learn about the Bible. It did say do not worry about my answers and I didn't.

Nurion

Yeah, there's that too. Bias in that regard is routine, though, so I didn't think much of it. It means people like you and me are going to screw up the results and be "outliers." Surveying religions doesn't work very well unless you tailor the metrics to specific religious groups - there's not really a neutral terminology that can be used.

Yeah well, I knew that this was going to be the case, unfortunately since this is a bachelor's thesis I have to build on existing literature, so the wording is inappropriate to adress people of all beliefs in some regards. I'm very sorry if that may have offended any of you, it is not meant disrespectfully of your beliefs, of course. The huge advantage of doing it that way though, is that I can compare my results to previous studies with people that answered the same questions and see how my results differ.

Thanks to everyone who participated so far. :)

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I started it - until I reached the - religion section - which had all "I" questions, - which don't apply to non religious - non church going people, - and it wouldn't let me leave them blank.

Instead of that non applicable "I" - I think this section should have used "people in general." In other words - Do you think most people whom attend church do it because of ------------?

Or add a not applicable spot. :)

Nurion

I started it - until I reached the - religion section - which had all "I" questions, - which don't apply to non religious - non church going people, - and it wouldn't let me leave them blank.

Instead of that non applicable "I" - I think this section should have used "people in general." In other words - Do you think most people whom attend church do it because of ------------?
Or add a not applicable spot. :)

Well thanks for participating anyway, I just checked, and if you do not answer all the questions on a page and press "next", there should open a dialogue at the top of the page:
06_01_2016_00_53_36.jpg

When you tick the "I do not want to answer" box, you can proceed to the next section without having to answer these questions.