• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surge Of COVID-19 Infections For Unvaccinated People Is Only Beginning

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In Massachusetts out of 469 new cases three quarters were vaccinated.

Which breaks down to out of 469 new cases, 352.75 were vaccinated whereas 127.25 were not vaccinated.

It time for everyone to pull their head out of their butt, the vaccinated included and stop the blame game crap.
That is what you don't hear on the TV news because they don't want anyone to hear it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I saved this article back in April and now it is proving to be true:

Five reasons why COVID herd immunity is probably impossible
None of that has changed. But we'd be there if people got vaccinated. The rollout isn't the issue anymore. It's people just not getting vaccinated.
And that is why I keep seeing new things on the news daily? I see more new things now than I was seeing six months ago. I just heard there are now nine variants.
I have seen the news claim stuff is new and acting like they were caught with their pants down, but it's been stuff that's been known. Like the news I saw seeming surprised even kids can because severely ill and die from covid. It was known for awhile by the time the news learned and called it shocking.

We Never Know

No Slack
That is what you don't hear on the TV news because they don't want anyone to hear it.

I don't watch much TV and I never trust social media.
I research and read. 99.999999999% of the time I post a supporting link to what I post.

Sadly even with supporting links people deny it because its not what they have been told by friends or read on facebook or twitter.

I also don't argue about a god because I honestly don't know and can't support my posts about a god with anything more than an opinion, just like everyone else.

We Never Know

No Slack
None of that has changed. But we'd be there if people got vaccinated. The rollout isn't the issue anymore. It's people just not getting vaccinated.

I have seen the news claim stuff is new and acting like they were caught with their pants down, but it's been stuff that's been known. Like the news I saw seeming surprised even kids can because severely ill and die from covid. It was known for awhile by the time the news learned and called it shocking.

"Like the news I saw seeming surprised even kids can because severely ill and die from covid. It was known for awhile by the time the news learned and called it shocking."

Yet here it is over 18 months later and not one kid vaccine is approved at all. Yet for adults it was speedy approved.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
"Like the news I saw seeming surprised even kids can because severely ill and die from covid. It was known for awhile by the time the news learned and called it shocking."

Yet here it is over 18 months later and not one kid vaccine is approved at all. Yet for adults it was speedy approved.
Because the priority was on the adults obviously. Kids would likely recover a lot easier or even be asymptomatic compared to adults and the elderly. And I think COVID vaccines for kids have been approved in Australia so what’s the big deal?

We Never Know

No Slack
Because the priority was on the adults obviously. Kids would likely recover a lot easier or even be asymptomatic compared to adults and the elderly. And I think COVID vaccines for kids have been approved in Australia so what’s the big deal?
Not necessarily. Studies show adults have been exposed to more covid virus's than kids which should support a stronger immunity in adults. However kids have less under lying health problems than adults and their untrained immune system in kids supposedly works better and faster.

The following link only supports my posts in red. I couldn't find the other link.

How kids’ immune systems can evade COVID

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Not necessarily. Studies show adults have been exposed to more covid virus's than kids which should support a stronger immunity in adults. However kids have less under lying health problems than adults and their untrained immune system in kids supposedly works better and faster.

The following link only supports my posts in red. I couldn't find the other link.

How kids’ immune systems can evade COVID
Fascinating. But isn’t that a sign that adults should be equipping their immune systems rather than kids? (Specifically with regards to COVID.)

We Never Know

No Slack
Fascinating. But isn’t that a sign that adults should be equipping their immune systems rather than kids? (Specifically with regards to COVID.)

I don't know. In my opinion if I've been exposed to more virus's and bacteria for example, my immune system against them should be better than a kid that hasn't been exposed to them because our immune system has whats equal to a memory and because of that memory can spot a foreign invader rather quickly and start a response quicker.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know. In my opinion if I've been exposed to more virus's and bacteria for example, my immune system against them should be better than a kid that hasn't been exposed to them because our immune system has whats equal to a memory and because of that memory can spot a foreign invader rather quickly and start a response quicker.
You’d think so. I’m no expert, but from my hazy misremembered adventures in High school, the whole reason we have vaccines in the first place is because whilst our immune systems are pretty good, we usually only vaccinate if a disease is particularly damaging. And an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that. Even to a healthy immune system. And the delta strain and long COVID is quite damaging even for healthy young immune systems. So I mean this doesn’t seem particularly different to say typhoid or measles or what have you.

We Never Know

No Slack
You’d think so. I’m no expert, but from my hazy misremembered adventures in High school, the whole reason we have vaccines in the first place is because whilst our immune systems are pretty good, we usually only vaccinate if a disease is particularly damaging. And an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and all that. Even to a healthy immune system. And the delta strain and long COVID is quite damaging even for healthy young immune systems. So I mean this doesn’t seem particularly different to say typhoid or measles or what have you.

Ok lets take measles...the studies say...

"If you've already had measles, your body has built up its immune system to fight the infection, and you can't get measles again. Most people born or living in the United States before 1957 are immune to measles, simply because they've already had it"
Measles - Symptoms and causes

Which pretty much supports what I posted. If kids haven't had it, they are vulnerable to it.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Ok lets take measles...the studies say...

"If you've already had measles, your body has built up its immune system to fight the infection, and you can't get measles again. Most people born or living in the United States before 1957 are immune to measles, simply because they've already had it"
Measles - Symptoms and causes

Which pretty much supports what I posted. If kids haven't had it, they are vulnerable to it.
Okay what if chicken pox then? It’s a dormant disease that stays within your body and can flare up causing shingles at any point in your life.
Chickenpox (varicella)
Is that a disease worth fighting off with your own immune system and nothing more?
Look, it’s a new vaccine so I get it. But just relying on our immune systems is, imo, just lazy and ungrateful. We have all these wonders of medical science that people are begging for and we just dismiss it like the yuppie ingrates that we are. I mean come on. Take all the advantages you can get, is my philosophy. I mean, why the hell not, right?

We Never Know

No Slack
Okay what if chicken pox then? It’s a dormant disease that stays within your body and can flare up causing shingles at any point in your life.
Chickenpox (varicella)
Is that a disease worth fighting off with your own immune system and nothing more?
Look, it’s a new vaccine so I get it. But just relying on our immune systems is, imo, just lazy and ungrateful. We have all these wonders of medical science that people are begging for and we just dismiss it like the yuppie ingrates that we are. I mean come on. Take all the advantages you can get, is my philosophy. I mean, why the hell not, right?

It resurfaces with age because with age the immune system weakens. Its similar to TB. Your cells incapulate it and basically hold it hostage from breaking free. As you age your immune system weakens and they can break free.

Here's a TB link. There are similar with shingles.

Tuberculosis (TB) - Latent TB Infection and TB Disease

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
If they don't have antibodies from having covid or getting the vaccine,, natural selection will sort it out. Its how evolution works. Of course that's my opinion.
If by that you mean that a lot of these people could die without the kind of healthcare a first world country can provide, then yes.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is that why this is becoming more and more something striking the unvaccinated? Is this why measles measles came back an unvaccinated rates increased?

It always have, before, during, and continuing after vaccines were introduced. Our acceptability to the virus didn't increase just because of the vaccinated, unless we do something silly like travel to increase our chances of catching it.

I don't know why the measles came back but I'm sure it doesn't "care" about ones vaccination status either.

Unvaccinated infection looks like an increase in relation to the vaccinated.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The people who got vaccinated wanted to get back to their normal social activities so being told by the experts that they would be bullet proof worked well. They believed it and now because restrictions were lifted Covid is spreading and the unvaccinated are getting blamed.

I think if fear wasn't used (among other things) some unvaccinated may choose to vaccinate.

'It's mindboggling, it's crazy': What the data says about the unvaccinated and Covid-19

99.999% percent of survival for vaccinated. Reminds me of alcohol cleaning products that says the product works 99.999% so if it doesn't work, they can't be blamed because of that 1%.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That mentality and attitude has been consistently failing. We have to protect eachother.
No one is obligated to protect people they don't even know or care about. It's just the reality on how most feel from a collective standpoint.

Protection starts with you and spreads to those you love and care about. That's how it works in the real world.

It sounds terrible, but I'm sure you see it plenty in the real world on a daily basis, so one has to approach this realistically and not through some fantastical gumbaya lens of harmony and universal love.

That just dosent exist I'm afraid. It's why home is where the heart is and not the collective.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The vaccines are there for anyone who wants it.

Your choice to take it.

I'd say that's mission accomplished. :0]