• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supreme Court finds officers covered by 'qualified immunity' in two cases

Bodie

Those who seem to think that their elected officials and capitol police officers who serve to protect them lives are more important than the "common" folk must be suffering from some type of strange form of masochistic, classist hero worship. In a court of morality they may very well be found guilty of contempt for humanity.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Banon's excuse is that he is following Trump's old order to him. I have a feeling that what appeared to be an illegal order by a now ex-President has no legal authority today.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Those who seem to think that their elected officials and capitol police officers who serve to protect them lives are more important than the "common" folk must be suffering from some type of strange form of masochistic, classist hero worship. In a court of morality they may very well be found guilty of contempt for humanity.
Again, would you allow a mob to attack your wife in your home?

Bodie

Just look at them go, stuffing their tired strawman golems for the partisan political theatre of the mind . Anyone who dares question the "official" narrative may have a strawman created for them by those who type away like Edward Penisfingers.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
The officer was not heard giving warning which is in line with what some witnesses on the scene stated. Bystanders saying there's a gun is not the same as an officer giving warning before firing.
First, I never said the officer warned that he had a gun. Second, even if he'd tried it's highly doubtful anyone would have heard him, since he was on the other side of a set of doors that the mob was smashing.

The fact remains, two people shouted "they've got guns" just before AB started to climb through the window, just as I said.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
It was a mostly peaceful protest, and if you say Ashli Babbitt deserved what she got because some said the officer had a gun then by the same reasoning Heather Hyer deserved what she got because she got in the way of a car.
That has to be one of the worst, and dumbest things I've ever seen posted at this forum.

At this point I have to wonder if you're just trolling.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just look at them go, stuffing their tired strawman golems for the partisan political theatre of the mind . Anyone who dares question the "official" narrative may have a strawman created for them by those who type away like Edward Penisfingers.
You do not appear to understand what a strawman is. And you are currently the only one running away.

You have only made 5th grade level arguments that are easily refuted. You have no answer to them. That is not a good sign.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I imagine when some "trolled for conservatives" in the past they fully supported the deadly and fiery George Floyd riots but since posts are scrubbed every few months we can only rely on memory, I've watched this forum for a while before signing up- I know.
I thought you were opposed to police violence? Why did you not approve of the George Floyd protests?
Do you have a similarly low opinion of BLM? If so, why?

Clearly you agree with their foundational arguments that police violence against civilians is to be condemned in all circumstances.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That has to be one of the worst, and dumbest things I've ever seen posted at this forum.

At this point I have to wonder if you're just trolling.
He may be using Trump "logic". Since less than a thousand have been charged for entering the Capitol in an attempted insurrection and there were tens of thousands at the rally he figures most were " peaceful".

I have a feeling that that is not the way rational people would look at it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
First, I never said the officer warned that he had a gun. Second, even if he'd tried it's highly doubtful anyone would have heard him, since he was on the other side of a set of doors that the mob was smashing.

The fact remains, two people shouted "they've got guns" just before AB started to climb through the window, just as I said.
True, that could be heard. And one could see the guns aimed at the entryway. What were they thinking when they were on there murderous spree?

Bodie

It goes with the logic that the victim should have known in effect shifting blame from the murderer to the murdered. What was Heather Heyer thinking when she clearly saw the car yet got in front of it anyway?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It goes with the logic that the victim should have known in effect shifting blame from the murderer to the murdered. What was Heather Heyer thinking when she clearly saw the car yet got in front of it anyway?
Your mistake is in calling her a victim. She was the cause of her own death.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
That's your idea of logic?

Hilarious.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you're part of a violent mob that has illegally stormed a building and is attempting to barge through where officials have barricaded themselves in, in what reality do you think you won't be shot if you're the first one through a barricaded door? In what reality is charging someone--especially when you are part of a violent mob-- through a busted in window not supposed to be interpreted as a threat?