• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supporting Muslims as members of our communities

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
If we don’t ask the questions, we won’t find the answers.

The answer is not to shutdown debate.

Stop being as sensible as a plank of wood. I'm not trying to shut down anything. I'm appealing to peoples' sense of decency & humanity; or trying to.

Could you inform us as to why you're so objectionable to the idea of taking a break from posting anti-Islam stuff for a day or two?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Stop being as sensible as a plank of wood. I'm not trying to shut down anything. I'm appealing to peoples' sense of decency & humanity; or trying to.

Could you inform us as to why you're so objectionable to the idea of taking a break from posting anti-Islam stuff for a day or two?

Hello. There’s no issue with shutting down things but this thread is to show support for the victims of this horrendous crime.

There are other threads where people can go to discuss such matters but I agree that this thread is primarily to show our support.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I agree. It includes prejudice against the act of homosexuality, and prejudice against women being able to hold leadership positions. We simply can't afford to be selective about our prejudices.

Of course homosexuals are equal human beings. With regard to women they definitely are equal humans but equality doesn’t mean identical function or roles.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

icehorse

Premium Member
Prejudice is like a poison and cancer that is destroying our humanity. It needs to be addressed worldwide urgently as it is so destructive.

I agree that prejudice is a poison. The Quran instills prejudice in Muslims.

icehorse

Premium Member
There are other threads where people can go to discuss such matters but I agree that this thread is primarily to show our support.

I'm showing my support by trying to reduce the risk of such horrific acts occurring again. It's not in my nature to wring my hands, it's in my nature to help fix things.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Of course homosexuals are equal human beings. With regard to women they definitely are equal humans but equality doesn’t mean identical function or roles.
I said 'the act of homosexuality' and it's the act of being in a leadership role. But go ahead, you're free to decide which humans don't deserve equal treatment. I see it as hypocrisy and you don't. That's fine.

Notanumber

A Free Man
In the US we have lots of people who earn their living trashing Muslims and ramping up fear like Jihad Watch.. and they are intense.. even putting anti Muslim posters on busses in NYC.

Are they trashing Muslims and putting anti Muslim posters on busses in NYC or are they criticising an ideology?

I shudder to think that anything other than a very tiny minority of Muslims actually believe what they are expected to believe about Islam.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I can only assume from repeated postings that some people have no care whatsoever about the 50 innocent Muslims that were brutally murdered by a white supremacist. In fact their postings seem to show a certain sympathy for similar viewpoints to the shooter's.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The answer is that 49 peace loving innocent people were massacred purely and simply because of prejudice.

They are our human family members that were slaughtered because of worldwide prejudice being fuelled throughout the world.

The real question is why some are not accepting that all humanity are equals but are engaged actively in demonizing fellow human beings.

Is open and free discussion at all levels not the best way of trying to ensure that we put a stop to violence of any kind?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I said 'the act of homosexuality' and it's the act of being in a leadership role. But go ahead, you're free to decide which humans don't deserve equal treatment. I see it as hypocrisy and you don't. That's fine.

That’s ok. Just some questions :who decides what’s moral or not, what’s right or wrong or good or bad? You? Me? Governments? Holy Books? God? And how do we know who’s views are right?

For example if we say homosexuality, the act is fine why? If it’s because it makes them happy or loved then pedophiles can also use that argument that they love children.

Who calls the shots here? Do we humans seek complete freedom to do whatever we want and cry discrimination whenever society says different?

Wasn’t incest acceptable or prolific in Roman Emoire and slavery too? Why have these now become unacceptable? Prostitution has become acceptable why? It degrades people to sex objects but no society is against it. Does that make it right.

I don’t believe I can make these calls and get it right but that God can and that He gets it right, I just follow His call because I believe He created us and knows what’s best for us. Just my view that’s all.

Notanumber

A Free Man

I am not a member of the morality police, but I do think it is good to talk providing nothing hateful is said about any person.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Is open and free discussion at all levels not the best way of trying to ensure that we put a stop to violence of any kind?

100% agree but I am only pointing out the topic of the threadvis about support. But there are many other threads I’m sure we all would be happy to discuss your concerns. It’s just respect for the victims here that’s all I am saying.

sooda

Veteran Member
Are they trashing Muslims and putting anti Muslim posters on busses in NYC or are they criticising an ideology?

I shudder to think that anything other than a very tiny minority of Muslims actually believe what they are expected to believe about Islam.

They are trashing them with lies and hatred .. cultivating ignorance.

Tell me of your experience with Muslims?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That’s ok. Just some questions :who decides what’s moral or not, what’s right or wrong or good or bad? You? Me? Governments? Holy Books? God? And how do we know who’s views are right?

For example if we say homosexuality, the act is fine why? If it’s because it makes them happy or loved then pedophiles can also use that argument that they love children.

Who calls the shots here? Do we humans seek complete freedom to do whatever we want and cry discrimination whenever society says different?

Wasn’t incest acceptable or prolific in Roman Emoire and slavery too? Why have these now become unacceptable? Prostitution has become acceptable why? It degrades people to sex objects but no society is against it. Does that make it right.

I don’t believe I can make these calls and get it right but that God can and that He gets it right, I just follow His call because I believe He created us and knows what’s best for us. Just my view that’s all.

Yes it's your view and you have every right to it. Your examples, however a flawed, because homosexual acts are between two CONSENTING ADULTS. But sure, if you view is the that it's the same as non-consensual pedophilia or incest, that's fine. It's up to you. It's also part of this planet to be free to hate. but people have to face the consequences of that, based on what the majority think.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Yes it's your view and you have every right to it. Your examples, however a flawed, because homosexual acts are between two CONSENTING ADULTS. But sure, if you view is the that it's the same as non-consensual pedophilia or incest, that's fine. It's up to you. It's also part of this planet to be free to hate. but people have to face the consequences of that, based on what the majority think.

The question I asked was who decides what is right or wrong?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I agree. It includes prejudice against the act of homosexuality, and prejudice against women being able to hold leadership positions. We simply can't afford to be selective about our prejudices.
And the greatest prejudice is that there is only one God, and that God has sent the avatara of the current age, and my belief is the best.
Did your Allah say that?
I can only assume from repeated postings that some people have no care whatsoever about the 50 innocent Muslims that were brutally murdered by a white supremacist. In fact their postings seem to show a certain sympathy for similar viewpoints to the shooter's.
The important thing to consider is why so many people across the world have problems with Muslims. If we side-step the issue, then things will not get any better anytime.

Last edited: