• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Supernatural" (With possible spoilers for non US viewers)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
We have at least three fans here, me included! Who else out there follows the brothers Winchester on their weekly travels with an Impala? What episodes and moments have you most enjoyed so far?

Ðanisty

I'm another of the three! (Sounds ominous or something....?)

I've loved Supernatural since I first saw it. It's like the Hardy Boys with demons...lol.

Did you see last week's episode about the movie set? It was awesome. Also, I was so sad for Sam after he had to kill that girl he was in love with a couple episodes ago. I nearly cried!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Poor Sam! It was a really sad episode- I just wanted to hug him!

Dean as a PA on the movie set... Is there any such thing to him as free food that doesn't need to immeadiatly be consumed? As much as I love the more serious episodes, ones like that and "Tall Tales", where things are allowed to get silly are so fun to watch!

Ðanisty

I think Sam might be my favorite, but this is a debate I've been having with myself for such a long time now!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I keep forgeting about it. I've heard it's good, but I don't know what channel, time, or anything else.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
What's "Supernatural" if I may ask?

It's a TV show about a pair of brothers that were raised to hunt and tackle (or get tackled by) things that are usually labelled 'supernatural'. (Ghosts, demons, haunted Mac trucks, that sort of thing.) It airs in the US on Thursday nights on the "CW", after "Smallville".

That's the short version! :D The long version will also happily be given, if I can do so without doing it an injustice!

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
It's a TV show about a pair of brothers that were raised to hunt and tackle (or get tackled by) things that are usually labelled 'supernatural'. (Ghosts, demons, haunted Mac trucks, that sort of thing.) It airs in the US on Thursday nights on the "CW", after "Smallville".

That's the short version! :D The long version will also happily be given, if I can do so without doing it an injustice!

Sounds interesting... now if only I had cable. ;)

Aqualung

Tasty
I don't like shows with daemons and supernatural powers and stuff.

And I have never seen a show on CW that I have liked. :p

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
That's perfectly permissable, AL! (Though the writing for this tends to be a lot nicer than other CW shows, hehee!) My sister doesn't like shows with that sort of thing, either.

Gentoo, I wish you had cable, too! Some areas consider the channel 'local', but I know not everyone gets it.

Further explanation for those who haven't seen it: the two main characters of the show are the brothers, four years apart. Dean is the older, shorter one and Sam is the younger, giant one.

Ðanisty;802784 said:
I think Sam might be my favorite, but this is a debate I've been having with myself for such a long time now!

Sam is a wonderful character! He's very conflicted and seems to know his mind and the path he wants, which I admire. Who says you have to have a favorite, though! :D

lombas

Society of Brethren

Sounds ... different from other shows.

:)

Ðanisty

Supernatural is better than the other CW shows...lol. I never thought I'd watch something on that channel either. :D

I think Sam reminds me more of myself than Dean, so maybe that's why I'm more drawn to him...lol. I admire Dean too though. He's taken a huge responsibility and he's very serious about being an older brother. It's so funny to watch them fight.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I try to watch Supernatural when I can. That makes four of us on Religious Forums.

Poor Sam! It was a really sad episode- I just wanted to hug him!
I concur. That was an especially heart-touching episode. The only problem I had with it is that the Werewolves, weren't Werewolves at all.

Does anybody else think the show needs a female star? I enjoy the series, it just gets a little boring with only two stars. I suggest adding a "supernatural" girl to the cast.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What does CW stand for? Is it local or a cable/satalite station?
Allthough I'll probably end up forgetting about it anyways, since I hardly watch TV. I even forget about shows that I want to watch. I'll probably even forget about the new Mythbusters tonight, about Ninja myths.
Reminds me the night a customer at the gas station I use to work at called me a nut-case for not knowing the local channel number for CBS, and admitting I don't watch TV enough to know that. He said he had to watch the rest of Survivor. At that point in time, I had never watched it. Even know, about a year later, I've only watched it twice.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
What does CW stand for? Is it local or a cable/satalite station?
Allthough I'll probably end up forgetting about it anyways, since I hardly watch TV. I even forget about shows that I want to watch. I'll probably even forget about the new Mythbusters tonight, about Ninja myths.

It's actually two stations that within the last few years- the "WB" and "UPN". (Actually, I'm not sure about the latter, but one of those!) If you do decide to tune in, I think you'd like it. There's a lot of action and 'myths' and whatnot.

That's great to know that we have another 'in our ranks,' Darkness! At times, I think that they should introduce a woman as a main character, but I'm not sure how they could do it without switching the show's format. Maybe have Jo (from the roadhouse) reoccur more often?

I think Sam reminds me more of myself than Dean, so maybe that's why I'm more drawn to him...lol. I admire Dean too though. He's taken a huge responsibility and he's very serious about being an older brother. It's so funny to watch them fight.

Their pranks on each other have to be about the best thing in the universe. I had a freakish moment last night where I found myself relating to Dean even more than usual. (The basement flooded and I was recruited by our farmer landlord to hold up a sump pump in order to get the water out. I was standing thigh-deep in a lake when the man announced that he was going to go get a fan that would cool off the pump's motor. When he left, I realized that I was going to be barefoot in water that would soon have an eletrical appliance plugged in nearby. It reminded me of Dean versus the tazer.) When it became apparent that Dean plays(ed) peace-maker between his dad and brother, it kind of cemented my connection to him, as that's the role I played with my mom and sister, growing up.

Ðanisty

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jo, but I'm not sure I would want another permanent lead character. I like the pair as they are and it kind of highlights how that lifestyle is really sort of solitary and weird.

I think I identify more with Sam because he's kind of the weird one that doesn't fit in no matter where he is and who he's with.

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
I would just like to make it clear to you all that Dean is mine and I will fight to the death anyone who says otherwise!

I haven't missed an episode since the first day that it aired. It's the only show that I watch religiously. I love how they take urban myths and make the 'real'. Jensen and Jared are two really good actors who play off each other fabulously.

I usually hate show with ongoing stories, where if you miss one show you're lost, but Supernatural is the exception. Not only do I love the ongoing story-line with the family, the yellow-eyed demon and Sam's abilities, but I appreciate how they always show you what you need to know in the intro if you're just joining in. Mostly, I love watching the characters evolve. You learn a little bit more about the brothers in each episode - they have so much depth!

'Faith' from season one is still my favourite episode - that's the one where the faith healer cures Dean when he's dying. When they figure out it's a Reaper and then "don't fear the reaper" starts playing in the background? Priceless!

Ðanisty

That was an awesome episode! All the songs they use are great. I think you'll have to fight Feathers for Dean (although he's probably up sharing himself a little...lol). I'll take Sam! ;)

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
Ðanisty;803752 said:
That was an awesome episode! All the songs they use are great.

Lol, or the one where Jo tags along and gets into trouble, and when they're driving back with Jo's mom and she's all ******, and Dean turns on the radio and it's playing "Cold as Ice". They pick the best songs that fit situations perfectly! Supernatural has revived my love of classic rock.

Ðanisty;803752 said:
I think you'll have to fight Feathers for Dean (although he's probably up sharing himself a little...lol). I'll take Sam!

Lol, you're too right. That's the one thing I don'lt like about his character - how downright dirrrrrrty he is! But I think it fits well with his whole personality - no ties, no permanent home, nothing else but the job. He's never in the same place for more than a few days - why not make the best of it, eh? You can't be THAT good looking and choose to remain celibate. It would be a crime against humanity!

As great as it would be for Dean to find a female to team up with that would be his match on the job, I really think that it would detract from relationship with Sam, and it wouldn't be near as interesting is he had any semblance of emotional stability!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
My latest love has been the song "Renegade"- humming that was what made me realize last night what a situation I'd been put in with the water!