• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Sturgeon Moon

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Did anyone get out this evening to take a look at the current super moon? It's gorgeous and massive tonight.

The wife and I took out our telescope to peek at it. And we also, incidentally got to find and see Saturn as well, which was a great treat. Clear rings visible and everything.

I wish I had some photos to share, but I don't have that functionality set up on my telescope, yet. It's got the ability, just been to lazy to set up haha.

Edit: This Month's Sturgeon Moon Will Coincide With the Perseid Meteor Shower — How to See It

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Did anyone get out this evening to take a look at the current super moon? It's gorgeous and massive tonight.

The wife and I took out our telescope to peek at it. And we also, incidentally got to find and see Saturn as well, which was a great treat. Clear rings visible and everything.

I wish I had some photos to share, but I don't have that functionality set up on my telescope, yet. It's got the ability, just been to lazy to set up haha.

I've noted this moon has seemed to be a strong one! Didn't know it was a super moon.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

Edit: This Month's Sturgeon Moon Will Coincide With the Perseid Meteor Shower — How to See It

Yes, great weather for it too, clear. Perseid meteor shower is supposed to be going on too, but after a half-hour with nothing I gave up. Sad that even out here in the sticks, there's still a lot of light pollution.

Didn't set up the telescope this year, saw a lot of Jupiter's moons and saturn's ring last year.
Like you, no way to take pics.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
IMG20220812004411.jpg

Best photo I could get with my phone. It may not be clear, but it sure shows it's brightness.