• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Nintendo vs Sega Genesis

Euronymous

SSilence
Which one is better: the Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis? I mean, the SNES has a wider range of RPGs, while the Sega Genesis has more of....? Oh, I don't know, let me think — oh yeah!

BLAST PROCESSING!!

Anyways, with the joking aside, my favorite would have to be the Sega Genesis mainly because of games like Sonic the Hedgehog (series), Phantasy Star (series), Vectorman 1-2, etc....

Which one is your favorite?

von bek

Easily the Super Nintendo. With games such as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Actraiser, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Castlevania IV, and many others, I not only prefer the SNES to the Genesis, I prefer the Super Nintendo to almost all other game systems. Too bad I no longer have mine, but at least I can still play those games I love on emulators.

Aldrnari

SNES. :D

I never knew a lot of people who got to try Demon's Crest as kids. Give it a try if you haven't. It's one of my favorites.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Which one is better: the Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis? I mean, the SNES has a wider range of RPGs, while the Sega Genesis has more of....? Oh, I don't know, let me think — oh yeah!

BLAST PROCESSING!!

Anyways, with the joking aside, my favorite would have to be the Sega Genesis mainly because of games like Sonic the Hedgehog (series), Phantasy Star (series), Vectorman 1-2, etc....

Which one is your favorite?

David T

Premium Member
Zathura-game-board-2.jpg

I am old 62 I grew up on board games. I watched this documentary about the board game called zathura. I am old, it would give me a heart attack it's that good. I have no idea about the science behind the game but Wowzer it's very cool.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Both have some great games, and are worth having, but SNES is vastly superior with its game library (especially if you like RPGs and Squaresoft games).

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I first experienced SNES through the new mini SNES and it is awesome. I did "practice" on a borrowed Genesis to prove to my parents that the PS1 was worth their money.
I think I played Golden Axe on it and loved it.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I honestly don't care about the consoles themselves, it's all about the games. SNES wins hands down. I had such a blast playing all the great games on it when I was little. And later on, I discovered other games for it, especially RPGs which were absolutely fantastic. I'm filled with joy and nostalgia just thinking about it.

von bek

For me, I'd have to say it's a tie for first between SNES and PS1.

After the Super Nintendo, my next favorite is probably the original NES. The N64 and Gamecube both rank high for me as well. They may not have as many games as the two Nintendo consoles before them, but some all-time greats are available for both systems.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
After the Super Nintendo, my next favorite is probably the original NES. The N64 and Gamecube both rank high for me as well. They may not have as many games as the two Nintendo consoles before them, but some all-time greats are available for both systems.
I'd have to rank Gamecube as one of my least favorites. It had a few good games, and not much else. But those good games, like Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime, are absolutely amazing and spectacular games. They were condemned to Purgatory in a console that should never have been. I feel almost the same for the N64, but it wasn't as bad as the Gamecube (hardware wise) and it had a pretty good selection of games. Staying with obsolete cartridges is probably something that really hurt Nintendo in the long run. Fun FYI, the PlayStation was originally designed to be an add-on for the SNES.

von bek

I'd have to rank Gamecube as one of my least favorites. It had a few good games, and not much else. But those good games, like Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime, are absolutely amazing and spectacular games. They were condemned to Purgatory in a console that should never have been. I feel almost the same for the N64, but it wasn't as bad as the Gamecube (hardware wise) and it had a pretty good selection of games. Staying with obsolete cartridges is probably something that really hurt Nintendo in the long run. Fun FYI, the PlayStation was originally designed to be an add-on for the SNES.

For me, a couple of good Zelda games, Mario, a Metroid game, and a good RPG is all I need. Anything else is a bonus. I'm pretty easy to please!

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
As much as I have fond memories of my Mega Drive (which was the name of the Genesis in Australia) as an adult who knows better I'd pick the Super Nintendo many times over.

Although the Play Station was already on the cusp of coming out (if it hadn't already) by the time I was old enough to play video games and actually got my Mega Drive. Cheap parents. :D

Last edited:

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
What age did you start? Some of my earlier memories are of Zelda, Mario, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Metroid, and Castlevania on the NES.
I couldn't tell you with certainty but I know it wasn't that long after my parents bought me the Genesis that my older cousin got his PS1, which would have been sometime around '96 possibly early '97 so I would have been six or seven at the time (born '89). Given that I was growing up with a Genesis my early gaming memories are of Sonic I and II, Mortal Kombat II, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Super Hang-On, The Revenge of Shinobi and Columns. (The final five I had with a six in one).

Eventually my parents bought me a PS2 for Christmas whenever that was.

As an aside, now that I mention Mortal Kombat I remember my mum being none too pleased with me playing it. It seems almost comical now but that game was graphic for the time. Albeit I was running a few years behind.

Last edited: