• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl ??

WalterTrull

Godfella
It is possible I mis-heard, but...
My local tv channel just said that the Super Bowl in Miami is a general admission event. What? No assigned seats at the Super Bowl!! Anybody foresee any problems with that? Fisticuffs??

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Could you explain how that works? Multiple thousand general admission? Weird.

I found this article: Here's what a $40,000 Super Bowl ticket will get you - KTVZ

Millions of football fans will descend on Miami for Super Bowl LIV next Sunday, but only 65,000 of them will attend the big game.

Of those attendees, even fewer will experience what it means to be a VIP. (Hint: all-inclusive luxurious accommodations that will blow your mind).

Just how luxe? VIPs will be admitted to the “72 Club,” so-named after the Miami Dolphins’ perfect 1972 season. Their $40,000 ticket includes black car service to and from Hard Rock Stadium, a private lane on stadium grounds to bypass traffic, a private concert from an A-list performer, high-end food and booze, and even access to the field for the post-game celebration, according to Jeremy Walls, the venue’s chief marketing officer.

If that doesn’t sound exclusive enough, there’s an even higher level for the V-VIPs: Nine open-air living room suites that Walls says feel “like sitting in the back of a yacht, only at the 50-yard line.”

Priced at $750,000 per suite, it’ll cost about as much as a yacht, too.

I checked another site that sells Super Bowl tickets, and they are apparently sold by section and seat number. It's not general admission.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Could it be the half-time concert? Stuff like that, with a floor and no seating, does tend to be general admission.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I cheated and looked it up, from what I read "general admission" actually means just buying a ticket priced according to seating without a package deal. Yes, it would be bad if it meant what most people think it means.
For some reason it reminded me when the local baseball team gave out mini commemorative baseball bats on $1 beer night, nothing better than a bunch of belligerent drunks with mini baseball bats.

WalterTrull

Godfella
I cheated and looked it up, from what I read "general admission" actually means just buying a ticket priced according to seating without a package deal. Yes, it would be bad if it meant what most people think it means.
For some reason it reminded me when the local baseball team gave out mini commemorative baseball bats on $1 beer night, nothing better than a bunch of belligerent drunks with mini baseball bats.
OK. I guess I understand.
Can you actually imagine "general admission" for the Super Bowl? Boggles the mind.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I remember reading about Ten Cent Beer Night at Cleveland Stadium.

Ten Cent Beer Night - Wikipedia