• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunstones!

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Aldrnari

Absolutely. You especially see things like this in regards to minerals.

Fluorites can glow under black light. Icelandic spar can cause all kinds of strange visual effects (and also acts as a sunstone). Quartz crystals have some strange properties in regards to electrical currents (they can even produce tiny amounts of electricity if squeezed). Hell, even sugar has some strange properties; if you are in a pitch black room, you can take some sugar cubes and a solid glass object, smash the cubes, and you will see the sugar glow a feint blue color.

Pretty cool stuff. :)

Jumi

My bet is that many other 'magical' tools are ordinary things with unusual properties. Comments?
Many of the things the ancient people did were practical applications of what they considered knowledge. Rituals were no exception, until the people doing them had no idea what the items were.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Many of the things the ancient people did were practical applications of what they considered knowledge. Rituals were no exception, until the people doing them had no idea what the items were.

That reminds me of something Joseph Campbell once reported. There is a group in India that apparently migrated into the subcontinent from ancient Sumer. In some of their rituals they use words no one today understands -- no one but scholars of the Sumerian language. Without preserving the meaning, the group has retained the words of ancient Sumerian rites for thousands of years.

Patience

Let us dance with the wind and sing with the birds
I recently learned about sunstones from someone and thought it was so cool!!! I love optical calcite! I have one in my collection and it is so fun putting it over words and seeing the doubled text. ^_^