• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunrise123's inspirations and ruminations

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's been a while but given everything that is going on, I'm going back to posting in this thread because I need to remind myself about my ideals and my goals.

1e3de550cdc801381f2f005056a9545d

PureX

Veteran Member
Is that really true? Does love always win? Sadly, I don't think it does. I think fear, and the greed and stupidity and selfishness that it fosters wins a lot of the time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's been a while but given everything that is going on, I'm going back to posting in this thread because I need to remind myself about my ideals and my goals.

1e3de550cdc801381f2f005056a9545d
If you have to remind yourself of your ideals & goals,
are they really your ideals & goals?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is that really true? Does love always win? Sadly, I don't think it does. I think fear, and the greed and stupidity and selfishness that it fosters wins a lot of the time.

Tactically it's true that love does not win every battle. Long term is another matter.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If you have to remind yourself of your ideals & goals,
are they really your ideals & goals?
Yes.

One of my prayers:

"May the Light of God's Silence break in every heart.
Let there be peace and love among all beings of the universe"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Another part of my perspective is the age we live in. From my belief we have just basically ended the greatest dark age (maha Kali yuga) which spans all of human history and beyond and just on the edge of the golden age (sat yuga). This is the start of the 51st year of Brahma's 311 trillion year lifespan (which comes from the Vedas). It's much more complex than this if you delve into cycles and cycles of cycles.

So my very positive "love will win" is based on this change. There are those who have seen this birth including the Mother of the Sri Aurobindo Ashram who wrote

We are in a very special situation, extremely special, without precedent. We are now witnessing the birth of a new world; it is very young, very weak - not in its essence but in its outer manifestation - not yet recognized, not even felt, denied by the majority. But it is here. It is here, making an effort to grow, absolutely sure of the result. But the road to it is a completely new road which has never before been traced out - nobody has gone there, nobody has done that! It is a beginning, a universal beginning. So it is an absolutely unexpected and unpredictable adventure.

There are people who love adventure. It is these I call, and I tell them this: "I invite you to the great adventure."

It is not a question of repeating spiritually what others have done before us, for our adventure begins beyond that. It is a question of a new creation, entirely new, with all the unforeseen events, the risks, the hazards it entails - a real adventure , whose goal is certain victory, but the road to which is unknown and must be traced out step by step in the unexplored. Something that has never been in this present universe and that will never be again in the same way. If that interests you... well, let us embark. What will happen to you tomorrow - I have no idea.

One must put aside all that has been foreseen, all that has been devised, all that has been constructed, and then.. set off walking into the unknown. And - come what may! There.

PureX

Veteran Member
Tactically it's true that love does not win every battle. Long term is another matter.
Long term, it appears to be a deadlock, at best. Are we humans really any more loving toward each other now than we have been throughout history? I don't see it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Long term, it appears to be a deadlock, at best. Are we humans really any more loving toward each other now than we have been throughout history? I don't see it.
Exactly. That's a big part of my point. There are different numbers I've seen for the yugas, but one is that the dark age lasts 432,000 years Yuga Cycle - Wikipedia so all of history and how we've treated each other is part of the dark age.

So assuming I'm right, what I see is that winter does not turn into spring overnight. There are small signs and gradually periods of warming while winter still holds sway. At some point, it's obvious that winter is passing.

We're not there yet. The signs are still very subtle and can pass almost unnoticed. One sign to me is the RELATIVE peace between nations we've seen since the end of the cold war. Nations get to the brink but then pull back as I don't think they would have in the past. India/China is the latest example.

The sway of denominations in Christian churches has faded quite a bit. It used to matter if someone was a Baptist or a Lutheran. Now, the doctrinal differences don't seem to matter.

The very existence of organized religion is fading in the US. People don't feel constrained to go to church to show that they go to church. Atheism is becoming more prevalent.

It might seem odd for a theist like me to praise atheism but the value I see is the desire for truth above all. It's a bit paradoxical but atheists who want truth to me are searching for Truth, Divinity, even as they deny that there's any proof that there is such a thing as divinity.

Spiritual but not religious folk are also a sign. They're search for something meaningful and reject rituals that have no meaning.

PureX

Veteran Member
On the other hand, slavery is both global and rampant, only instead of whips and chains to force one human to labor for the well being of another, we now use money. And as organized religions lose their potency, people are turning greed, politics, sex, and all manner of social bigotry into their new replacement obsession. Same results, though. And there are fewer declared wars, but that doesn't seem to have lessened the actual violence and death. As organized warfare has devolved into semi-organized terrorism.

Just sayin'.