• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sunday School lessons

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I was hoping for a deep Sunday at Church and it happened... the topic was meekness.

I had been wanting to know how we can make ourselves act/learn/feel correctly and the answer was meekness.

Humility=needing God -> faith -> baptism + sacrament -> commandments -> covenants/covenants -> remission of sin -> meekness.

Meekness stops blind pridefullness and helps being lowly of heart and receptive to people as well as receptive to the Holy Ghost and also helps with acting/learning/feeling.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Life is meaningless, the universe is entirely indifferent to humanity, we could all be wiped out tommorow by some freak cosmic calamity, literally noone else currently in existence would give a toss, we are nothing but sentient tool using bugs crawling about upon the surface of an unremarkable planet in an unremarkable solar system in an unremarkable galaxy, one of two trillion at least.

We are lucky to exist, the odds against it are vast, be happy.

When you know you are insignificant in the extreme, meekness as a concept is water to a fish.
I don't want to offend, especially since I'm a noob at coming back to Mormonism, but I would just like to say something:

I am going to share some of my philosophies from my books. I have found in my philosophical studies that the Universe ruling force has love to it. This is God too, and that God has love. I think we should be trying to save ourselves whether or not there is a God because this leads to love and proper action. And that I think produces the meekness you are talking about.

But I don't think we are lucky to exist; the Universes with more existence are more likely for us to be in! But then again, almighty God is the one that allows each different Universe to exist! I should say come out of existence rather than come into existence because that is more correct. I've thought of this a lot and can go into a lot more detail!

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Today I learned the Old Testament is about warnings, Mr. Carnegie said with our surplus wealth we should help our community, Satan can tempt us when we are high, and when we break a commandment we miss out.

Kind of new that already, but a nice reminder.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Today I learned that to endure to the end, we simply have to go to Church for 3 hours every Sunday so we don't dwindle in unbelief. I also learned that with Jereboam and Reheboam, good leadership is not breaking the rules and helping people.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Today I learned that we go through failure for experience, opposition, dependence on Jesus Christ, and to develop Christlike attributes.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Last week we learned that the Constitution was meant to protect/promote people who don't sin. This week we were told that if it weren't for Hezekiah, there probably wouldn't have been Jews anymore and therefore not Christians either.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Today we talked about temporal and spiritual self-reliance and that it was key to the atonement. I feel really bad because temporally I am collecting welfare. I want to work, but there's no job that helps humanity at the moment. I guess I'll just have to keep trying hard for a good job!